News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 120,905 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2015, 08:11:25 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 28, 2015, 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 28, 2015, 02:49:41 PM
They must be all out of shitty ex-Cubs because now they're signing shitty ex-Sox like Gordon Beckham.  A lot of people I talk to are convinced the White Sox are going to be a lot better than the Cubs this year.  We'll see.

I really don't get why they keep trying the Gordon Beckham thing. I guess I could understand keeping that awful bat in the lineup if he was a plus defender but he's really not. Has all of 1 seasons since his rookie year where he even scratched 1.0 WAR. Like even for vet minimum that seems like a spot where you could do better than him.

The definition of insanity.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2015, 08:49:24 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 28, 2015, 08:11:25 PM
They must be all out of shitty ex-Cubs because now they're signing shitty ex-Sox like Gordon Beckham.  A lot of people I talk to are convinced the White Sox are going to be a lot better than the Cubs this year.  We'll see.

I really don't get why they keep trying the Gordon Beckham thing. I guess I could understand keeping that awful bat in the lineup if he was a plus defender but he's really not. Has all of 1 seasons since his rookie year where he even scratched 1.0 WAR. Like even for vet minimum that seems like a spot where you could do better than him.

The Sox plan is to not have him play everyday; rather, super-sub BONERFACE outta a bunch of Utility appearances which still doesn't seem like that great of an idea.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2015, 09:25:07 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 29, 2015, 08:49:24 AM

The Sox plan is to not have him play everyday; rather, super-sub BONERFACE outta a bunch of Utility appearances which still doesn't seem like that great of an idea.

Oh I get signing Bonerface. I was just wondering if one of the stat nerds here could tell me if there's some super-secret defensive stat or something that explains why Gordon Beckham is still getting the chance to play when WAR would say he's barely if any better than whatever Bobby Scales type you might have sitting at AAA.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2015, 09:40:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 29, 2015, 09:25:07 AM

Oh I get signing Bonerface. I was just wondering if one of the stat nerds here could tell me if there's some super-secret defensive stat or something that explains why Gordon Beckham is still getting the chance to play when WAR would say he's barely if any better than whatever Bobby Scales type you might have sitting at AAA.

No.  I'm saying that they weren't "Keeping (Beckham's) awful bat in the lineup" since they signed him as a backup, but that is also dumb because they already have BONERFACE, whom I thought was a good signing also.  What's the point of instantly challenging him with your wannabe South Side DeRosa who sucks?  If I were a Sox fan I'd chug some Drano I'd be pretty unhappy with then move and I would hate Gordon Beckham as much as I currently hate the glib, pandering white guys who the Cubs have had through the last 10 years who were actually good.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2015, 09:52:15 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 29, 2015, 09:40:58 AM

No.  I'm saying that they weren't "Keeping (Beckham's) awful bat in the lineup" since they signed him as a backup, but that is also dumb because they already have BONERFACE, whom I thought was a good signing also.  What's the point of instantly challenging him with your wannabe South Side DeRosa who sucks?  If I were a Sox fan I'd chug some Drano I'd be pretty unhappy with then move and I would hate Gordon Beckham as much as I currently hate the glib, pandering white guys who the Cubs have had through the last 10 years who were actually good.

Your ANGER has become so uncontrollable you're getting mad at OTHER fanbases scrappy white guys for them. I approve of this.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2015, 10:03:51 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 29, 2015, 09:52:15 AM

Your ANGER has become so uncontrollable you're getting mad at OTHER fanbases scrappy white guys for them. I approve of this.

*notches belt*

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2015, 11:10:50 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 29, 2015, 10:03:51 AM

*notches belt*

Now you're just trying to make SKO jealous.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 29, 2015, 11:10:50 AM

*notches belt*

I Muttley'd.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2015, 11:21:14 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 29, 2015, 11:19:56 AM
Quote from: Bort on January 29, 2015, 11:10:50 AM

*notches belt*

I Muttley'd.

So did I.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: April 06, 2015, 05:42:13 PM »
Looks like the White Sox are 0-for-$9.8 million, Marcus Semien, Chris Bassitt, Rangel Ravelo and Josh Phegley with that Samardzija acquisition.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: April 09, 2015, 02:40:58 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 06, 2015, 05:42:13 PM
Looks like the White Sox are 0-for-$9.8 million, Marcus Semien, Chris Bassitt, Rangel Ravelo and Josh Phegley with that Samardzija acquisition.

It'll be fun to track them this year because they have a) Abreu who is truly a monster and b) Sale who is truly an ace.

C) They don't have much else (many will say their rotation is actually really good and maybe it is but I don't care)

So when they play middling ball for the majority of the year or have one of those typical Sox losing streaks where they average 3 errors a game I'm just gonna be laughing. Because even if the Cubs end up middling themselves, this is hardly The Year. It's A Year, the first of many.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: April 09, 2015, 02:44:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 09, 2015, 02:40:58 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 06, 2015, 05:42:13 PM

It'll be fun to track them this year because they have a) Abreu who is truly a monster and b) Sale who is truly an ace.

C) They don't have much else (many will say their rotation is actually really good and maybe it is but I don't care)

So when they play middling ball for the majority of the year or have one of those typical Sox losing streaks where they average 3 errors a game I'm just gonna be laughing. Because even if the Cubs end up middling themselves, this is hardly The Year. It's A Year, the first of many.

I really don't wish the Sox ill (I think that rivalry matters a hell of a lot more if you know actual White Sox fans, of which I know two very mild-mannered ones), but I've kind of decided to root against them because of the Sun Times angle that the White Sox are somehow the better of the two franchises because they've sucked while throwing money at problems the last few years while the Cubs have sucked without the money-throwing. Also that weird thing last year where Theo and Co. got criticized for not going after Abreu while they had their own 5 WAR first baseman tearing shit up.

Also given my new geographic proximity to them and the fact that I get every damn one of their games on TV vs. like 1 in 4 Cubs games I've joined TEC and Eli as a part-time Royals fans, so fuck the Sox.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: April 09, 2015, 03:39:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 09, 2015, 02:44:28 PM
Also given my new geographic proximity to them and the fact that I get every damn one of their games on TV vs. like 1 in 4 Cubs games I've joined TEC and Eli as a part-time Royals fans, so fuck the Sox.

It's not a bad gig. Enjoy it if they have success, but their losses have no effect on me. Plus, they're constructed very differently than the Cubs, so it's a fun contrast.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: April 09, 2015, 03:43:46 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 09, 2015, 03:39:39 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 09, 2015, 02:44:28 PM

It's not a bad gig. Enjoy it if they have success, but their losses have no effect on me. Plus, they're constructed very differently than the Cubs, so it's a fun contrast.

Their fans also seriously fucking hate the Cardinals, so we've bonded quickly.