News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Trade Deadline Thread  ( 8,248 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Trade Deadline Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 09:56:18 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 01, 2011, 09:40:15 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 01, 2011, 09:31:33 AM
The only thing that makes sense about keeping Pena is that if he walks at the end of the year the Cubs get a pretty high compensation pick for losing him.

Not necessarily. Pena was so bad in 2010 that he's on the border of earning the Cubs a pick.  At best, he'd be a Type B free agent, which would get the Cubs a sandwich pick, not a first-rounder.

Well in that case you can move me to the "What The Fuck Are They Thinking" category.

"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:35 AM »
I would like to say this in all sincerity:

Fuck Jack McKeon.  Fuck him in his 85 year old chainsmoking ass with Bud Seligs dick.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-marlins/fl-marlins-no-trades-at-deadline-080120110731,0,2140363.story
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 11:37:29 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 01, 2011, 10:57:35 AM

Fuck Jack McKeon.  Fuck him in his 85 year old chainsmoking ass with Bud Seligs dick.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-marlins/fl-marlins-no-trades-at-deadline-080120110731,0,2140363.story

It's not McKeon's fault that the Cubs are a joke.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 01, 2011, 11:37:29 AM

Fuck Jack McKeon.  Fuck him in his 85 year old chainsmoking ass with Bud Seligs dick.

Yeah, but he's still an asshole.  Plus PenFoe likes him.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 01, 2011, 11:37:29 AM

When you get right down to it, it is pretty funny, although cruel.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
Still not as funny as the Phillies pranking one of their guys and making him think he was traded to a Japanese league team for a guy named Kobiyashi a few years ago.

But, yeah, fuck Jack McKeon.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 01, 2011, 12:36:47 PM
Still not as funny as the Phillies pranking one of their guys and making him think he was traded to a Japanese league team for a guy named Kobiyashi a few years ago.

Nah.

Fuck Dennis Eckersley and Scott Sanderson. Fuck them. Fuck Lee Smith. Fuck Rick Sutcliffe and Jim Frey and Leon Durham and the Padres groundskeepers. Fuck Alex Gonzalez, Moises Alou, Gabor Fucking Bako, Mark Prior (Still MLB free for five years!), Dave Veres, Kyle Farnsworth, Sammy Sosa, Troy "Mrs." O'Leary, Jim Hendry, Andy MacPhail, Juan Pierre, Dusty Baker, Carlos Zambrano, and Crane Kenney, anyone ever named Ricketts, Jim Hendry, Mike Quade, and Marlon Byrd. Fuck all those that have made this fucking shithole of a piece of crap team a source of amusement for an 80-year-old man managing a team that's a bit of a joke itself, except a joke that has won two World Championships largely at the expense of the Cleveland Indians and the fucking joke that I for unknown reasons root for.

Hear that Tom Ricketts? Joe Ricketts? Pete Ricketts? Laura Ricketts? Mark Dawson (or is it Todd)? They're not laughing with you. They're all laughing at you.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 01, 2011, 12:42:12 PM

Nah.

Fuck Dennis Eckersley and Scott Sanderson. Fuck them. Fuck Lee Smith. Fuck Rick Sutcliffe and Jim Frey and Leon Durham and the Padres groundskeepers. Fuck Alex Gonzalez, Moises Alou, Gabor Fucking Bako, Mark Prior (Still MLB free for five years!), Dave Veres, Kyle Farnsworth, Sammy Sosa, Troy "Mrs." O'Leary, Jim Hendry, Andy MacPhail, Juan Pierre, Dusty Baker, Carlos Zambrano, and Crane Kenney, anyone ever named Ricketts, Jim Hendry, Mike Quade, and Marlon Byrd. Fuck all those that have made this fucking shithole of a piece of crap team a source of amusement for an 80-year-old man managing a team that's a bit of a joke itself, except a joke that has won two World Championships largely at the expense of the Cleveland Indians and the fucking joke that I for unknown reasons root for.

Hear that Tom Ricketts? Joe Ricketts? Pete Ricketts? Laura Ricketts? Mark Dawson (or is it Todd)? They're not laughing with you. They're all laughing at you.

You really did it. You people broke T.J. Brown. YOU MANIACS. DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:24 PM »
If Ricketts costs us the annual TJ Brown Mathematical Possibilities for the Cubs Winning the Division and Wildcard post, I am gonna be so pissed at Jack McKeon.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »

Nah.

Fuck Ryne Sandberg. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
Quote from: BBM on August 01, 2011, 12:56:28 PM

Nah.

Fuck Ryne Sandberg. 

I support this illogical and misguided fucking. It's the only kind I'm any good at anymore.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

Nah.

I guess my point was that old man McKeon got one of his shiny rings in large part due to the general fuckitude of those persons bolded above, and that, since their fuckery led him to personal good forturne, he should find another target to joke at, or else he deserves to be fornicated.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 01, 2011, 03:32:15 PM

Nah.

I guess my point was that old man McKeon got one of his shiny rings in large part due to the general fuckitude of those persons bolded above, and that, since their fuckery led him to personal good forturne, he should find another target to joke at, or else he deserves to be fornicated.

And if he enjoys it then the joke is on you.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »

Nah.

Don't forget his 1984 NL Pennant as GM of the Fathers.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2011, 06:46:52 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 01, 2011, 04:03:30 PM

Nah.

Don't forget his 1984 NL Pennant as GM of the Fathers.

HOW CAN I FORGET WHEN YOU KEEP FUCKING BRINGING IT UP?!?

[sob]