News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Life On Mars  ( 47,435 )

De Jesus

• Leftist Scum
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
Re: Life On Mars
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2008, 09:44:30 AM »
I still haven't gotten around to seeing an episode of the U.S. version, but the wife and I have watched about half of season one of the Limey version.

I positive this show.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2008, 04:41:55 PM »
After three weeks of not watching, I officially deleted the season pass for the US version.  It stinks on ice.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2008, 04:44:56 PM »
Quote from: Andy on November 07, 2008, 04:41:55 PM
After three weeks of not watching, I officially deleted the season pass for the US version.  It stinks on ice.

After three weeks of half-watching, I can assure you that you made a wise choice.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »
They have been using just about every character from The Wire, however.  So they have that going for them.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
It's not as good as the BBC version and it's different in all the wrong ways.  But most of the country probably hasn't seen the BBC version, so to them this is a pretty good show.  It's not horrid on it's own, only when you compare it to the BBC version.  Otherwise it's standard TV filler.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 10, 2008, 09:42:36 AM
It's not as good as the BBC version and it's different in all the wrong ways.  But most of the country probably hasn't seen the BBC version, so to them this is a pretty good show.  It's not horrid on it's own, only when you compare it to the BBC version.  Otherwise it's standard TV filler.

This is where I am. I haven't seen the BBC version and so far I like this version.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2008, 11:19:23 AM »
I haven't seen the BBC version and I did NOT like this one. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2008, 12:04:39 PM »
Quote from: JD on November 10, 2008, 11:19:23 AM
I haven't seen the BBC version and I did NOT like this one. 

I haven't watched either, but feel I should post more.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »
They were driving a bright yellow Chevelle Malibu Super Sport 350 in the last episode.  Mine was cherry red
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

De Jesus

• Leftist Scum
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »
We finished watching the Brit version.  Then we watched the newer show with Gene Hunt in it, Ashes to Ashes.  It's not as good, but it's watchable.  I watched the US re-imagining on my own.  Mrs. Jesus wanted no part of rewatching the same script with different actors. 

1. Harvey Keitel is not a good Gene Hunt in the pilot.  Gene Hunt needs to be an imposing Grizzly Bear of a man for his actions and dialogue to work.  Harvey Keitel doesn't pull it off.  He's a hardass trapped in a nursing home resident's body. 

2. The new chick is ok, I guess, but I miss Liz White's British accent.  That did things for me.

3. Michael Imperioli's Roy would definitely be better if he was an asshole like the English one.  It doesn't make sense that Sam Tyler appears, gets the job Roy wants, and Roy acts all lovey-dovey with him.

4. The Chris Skelton character barely exists in the pilot.  Boo.  His retarded gheyness was good for some comedy in the real version.  "So when you launder money, you don't really wash it, Guv?"

Not sure whether I'll try to watch the second episode.  Wikipedia says that the rest of the season so far is basically remakes of British episodes, anyway.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2008, 01:39:47 PM »
Quote from: De Jesus on November 14, 2008, 01:28:42 PM
We finished watching the Brit version.  Then we watched the newer show with Gene Hunt in it, Ashes to Ashes.  It's not as good, but it's watchable.  I watched the US re-imagining on my own.  Mrs. Jesus wanted no part of rewatching the same script with different actors. 

1. Harvey Keitel is not a good Gene Hunt in the pilot.  Gene Hunt needs to be an imposing Grizzly Bear of a man for his actions and dialogue to work.  Harvey Keitel doesn't pull it off.  He's a hardass trapped in a nursing home resident's body. 

2. The new chick is ok, I guess, but I miss Liz White's British accent.  That did things for me.

3. Michael Imperioli's Roy would definitely be better if he was an asshole like the English one.  It doesn't make sense that Sam Tyler appears, gets the job Roy wants, and Roy acts all lovey-dovey with him.

4. The Chris Skelton character barely exists in the pilot.  Boo.  His retarded gheyness was good for some comedy in the real version.  "So when you launder money, you don't really wash it, Guv?"

Not sure whether I'll try to watch the second episode.  Wikipedia says that the rest of the season so far is basically remakes of British episodes, anyway.

This. That's what bugs me the most. Harvey Keitel looks like someone's grandma. He should be carrying a pot of chicken soup with him.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2009, 07:29:28 AM »
Was anybody still watching this show?  I was, but mainly b/c I hadn't seen much of the BBC version, so it was pretty good.
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/breaking-abc-ca.html

too bad.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »
 "Ashes To Ashes" starts on BBC America this weekend.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2009, 05:26:15 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 03, 2009, 07:29:28 AM
Was anybody still watching this show?  I was, but mainly b/c I hadn't seen much of the BBC version, so it was pretty good.

too bad.

I've been watching it. It has been pretty good.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2009, 10:56:52 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on March 04, 2009, 05:26:15 AM
Quote from: TDubbs on March 03, 2009, 07:29:28 AM

too bad.

I've been watching it. It has been pretty good.

Me too.  The casting of Keitel is still atrocious, but the show actually got much better once it stopped following the scripts of the BBC version.
Hire Jim Essian!