News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,691 )

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on April 28, 2008, 09:53:19 AM
I think the defense will be much better than last year, the offense won't be worse.

So here we come 9-7!  Yay?

The time to do something bold has passed, now they're just too good not to get a good draft pick and too bad to contend for anything of substance. 

Guh.  Welcome (back) to hell.

If you rank season success, doesn't going 7-9 have to be near or at the bottom?

I can't see 9 wins from this team. I think that's a huge reach.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
I'm glad I missed out on this thread.  I got through three pages and realized BC was probably going to post dozens more times, so I just stopped reading.  I think that was the right decision.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: EG on April 28, 2008, 10:06:50 AM
I'm glad I missed out on this thread.  I got through three pages and realized BC was probably going to post dozens more times, so I just stopped reading.  I think that was the right decision.

You know it was.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 28, 2008, 09:56:20 AM
I think the defense will be much better than last year, the offense won't be worse.

The time to do something bold has passed, now they're just too good not to get a good draft pick and too bad to contend for anything of substance. 

I think I can see it. The NFC North is shitty. Griese won't be around to throw end zone picks against the Lions and Green Bay will suffer with the loss of Favruh. Hope for a split with the Vikings and maybe there's 4-5 wins in the division.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Does this thread really suck as bad as CT tells me it does?  If so, I'll just skip it.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Kerm on April 28, 2008, 10:43:46 AM
Does this thread really suck as bad as CT tells me it does?  If so, I'll just skip it.

No way.

It's awesome.

Start at the beginning, and savor it.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 28, 2008, 10:13:44 AM

I think I can see it. The NFC North is shitty. Griese won't be around to throw end zone picks against the Lions and Green Bay will suffer with the loss of Favruh. Hope for a split with the Vikings and maybe there's 4-5 wins in the division.
I like how everybody is jumping on the Vikings bandwagon.  No matter how good Peterson is, you can count on him to miss 4-6 games and Jackson is still their Starting QB.  Bears with 9 wins can win the division. 

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Have I ever steered you wrong before?
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: CT II on April 28, 2008, 11:26:11 AM

Have I ever steered you wrong before?

No, but that's only because I'M always the one driving YOUR ass around.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: air2300 on April 28, 2008, 11:20:11 AM
I like how everybody is jumping on the Vikings bandwagon.  No matter how good Peterson is, you can count on him to miss 4-6 games and Jackson is still their Starting QB.  Bears with 9 wins can win the division. 

Peter King believes in Tarvaris Jackson and that belief is rooted in sincerity, as evidenced by the tears that fell on his keyboard while typing the sentence that told Brad Childress to not give up on Tarvaris Jackson.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club

I'm not jumping on the Vikings bandwagon. However, Peterson did run wild all over the Bears last year, so right now barring an injury or the Bears somehow stopping him, I'm still hoping for a split.

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 28, 2008, 11:47:43 AM

I'm not jumping on the Vikings bandwagon. However, Peterson did run wild all over the Bears last year, so right now barring an injury or the Bears somehow stopping him, I'm still hoping for a split.
You mean the injuries that happen every year to a guy that runs straight up and always fights for extra yards?  If Adrian Peterson plays 10 seasons, he might have 2 where he plays 16 games.  He's had serious injuries that tend to recur (knee and collarbone), plus he keeps getting different injuries because he plays too physical for his body.  The injuries will catch up to him soon and not just take him out of games, they'll limit his explosiveness and agility when he does get on the field.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I had ESPN on for a while yesterday during the draft.  Long enough to see an old clip of a very clueless person announcing that Brett Favor had been selected.
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Three times a JD on April 28, 2008, 11:41:47 AM

Peter King believes in Tarvaris Jackson and that belief is rooted in sincerity, as evidenced by the tears that fell on his keyboard while typing the sentence that told Brad Childress to not give up on Tarvaris Jackson.

Of course, as we all know, Peter King doesn't actually watch any football.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Three times a JD on April 28, 2008, 11:41:47 AM

I really feel like Tarvaris Jackson is just Henry Burris under a pseudonym.