News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 Chicago Cubs: Career Years for Everyone!  ( 43,367 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 Chicago Cubs: Career Years for Everyone!
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 30, 2011, 12:57:07 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 30, 2011, 12:50:16 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 30, 2011, 12:47:40 PM
Quote from: R-V on March 30, 2011, 12:13:54 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2011, 10:09:07 AM
Quote from: R-V on March 30, 2011, 09:23:34 AM
So...sports.

Has Quade said who's starting at 2nd against lefties? Is it Barney with Dewitt banished to utility man?

And how is the right field "platoon" going to work? Is it going to be a straight platoon with one guy getting hosed or more matchup-based? It was a small sample but both Fukudome and Colvin hit lefties pretty well last year.

I ask these questions sincerely.

I sincerely wish I knew the answers to these questions. They are indeed burning. All I heard about the OF was one of the ESPN announcers, Sutcliffe maybe, saying that Quade told him he'd play Colvin in both right and left and that Byrd would play every fucking day no matter what unless he's hurt. Second base remains irrelevant and all options seem to be awful and retarded and bad.

I sincerely wish Colvin could play a passable CF. Would be nice to rest Marlon against right handers every so often without having to play Reed's corpse out there. And Marlon could maybe avoid the dogplop 2nd half he had last year if he got a day off every so often.

And then we could trade Byrd for two high-level prospects.

Or Peavy.

Or just pick up Castillo off waivers and fix everything.

Which Castiollo? Luis? He used to be really good.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2011, 12:59:07 PM
So...sports.

Has Quade said who's starting at 2nd against lefties? Is it Barney with Dewitt banished to utility man?

And how is the right field "platoon" going to work? Is it going to be a straight platoon with one guy getting hosed or more matchup-based? It was a small sample but both Fukudome and Colvin hit lefties pretty well last year.

I sincerely wish I knew the answers to these questions. They are indeed burning. All I heard about the OF was one of the ESPN announcers, Sutcliffe maybe, saying that Quade told him he'd play Colvin in both right and left and that Byrd would play every fucking day no matter what unless he's hurt. Second base remains irrelevant and all options seem to be awful and retarded and bad.

I sincerely wish Colvin could play a passable CF. Would be nice to rest Marlon against right handers every so often without having to play Reed's corpse out there. And Marlon could maybe avoid the dogplop 2nd half he had last year if he got a day off every so often.

Or Peavy.

It ain't Wellington.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2011, 02:42:32 PM »
So...sports.

Or Peavy.

Frank.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2011, 02:57:10 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 30, 2011, 02:42:32 PM
So...sports.

Or Peavy.

Frank.

Awesome.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »
Max Ramirez apparently made it through waivers unclaimed and will be sent to Iowa.

On another point, honestly I just don't see how Colvin could be SO bad in CF that they don't at least try him to give Byrd the occasional day off. Playing CF at Wrigley would strike me as easier than to play than at other parks due to the shorter than normal dimensions to the gaps and straight away center...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »
Quote from: BC on March 30, 2011, 04:29:51 PM
Max Ramirez apparently made it through waivers unclaimed and will be sent to Iowa.

On another point, honestly I just don't see how Colvin could be SO bad in CF that they don't at least try him to give Byrd the occasional day off. Playing CF at Wrigley would strike me as easier than to play than at other parks due to the shorter than normal dimensions to the gaps and straight away center...

I'm sure he will get an occaisional day off. What I meant earlier is that Sutcliffe said Colvin will get most of his playing time in RF and LF which means that Soriano and Fukdome will see less action and Byrd will start like 154 games in CF and possibly appear in 160.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2011, 06:17:53 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2011, 05:02:35 PM

I'm sure he will get an occaisional day off. What I meant earlier is that Sutcliffe said Colvin will get most of his playing time in RF and LF which means that Soriano and Fukdome will see less action and Byrd will start like 154 games in CF and possibly appear in 160.

There's also the possibility that Colvin will platoon with Soriano in left and Fukudome will get all the starts in right...
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 30, 2011, 06:17:53 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2011, 05:02:35 PM

There's also the possibility that Colvin will platoon with Soriano in left and Fukudome will get all the starts in right...

I know that it's possible but I just don't think it's possible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 30, 2011, 08:38:50 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2011, 05:42:44 PM
Quote from: Brownie on March 30, 2011, 05:15:41 PM
Good news. Bernie Miklasz likes the Cubs' chances of winning the Central as much as he likes the chances of Matt Painter coaching Purdue next season.

Dude, it's so gonna

That's the worst drawing of a pot leaf I've ever seen.

The Vietnamese are always too stoned to draw stuff worth a shit. They also like the sauce. And fighting each other. And if there are any Vietnamese people here who object to these gross generalizations, I invite them to come and look at my scars and the Purple Heart(s) I got for living with ExPex's family. John Kerry would rather frag himself again than deal with a fraction of the shit.    

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
This is pretty cool.

(Note: That Baby Ruth sign over the RF bleachers is as large as the Nissan sign that "Traditionalists" *cough*Alvin*cough* are all asshurt about)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »
So...sports.

So, I don't know if this means that he's playing every day or (presumably) only against righties, but Muskrat is reporting that Barney is the starting 2B.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2011, 02:34:17 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 31, 2011, 02:00:56 PM
So...sports.

So, I don't know if this means that he's playing every day or (presumably) only against righties, but Muskrat is reporting that Barney is the starting 2B.

So they presumably have two righties platooning at second and two lefties platooning in right. That's just crazy enough to work!