News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dawn of the Tyler Colvin Era  ( 23,652 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dawn of the Tyler Colvin Era
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »
Since I didn't watch the game last night, I read that Colvin had two erros in the outfield last night.  What hai?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2010, 09:05:08 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 16, 2010, 08:05:07 AM
Since I didn't watch the game last night, I read that Colvin had two erros in the outfield last night.  What hai?

Ball took a funny bounce on the wet grass and skipped past him.  He didn't make a good play, but it wasn't anywhere as bad as a Soriano play.

The second was a few minutes later.  He threw to the cutoff man and the ball skipped away.  I didn't get a good look because, by that point, I didn't give a shit, but Borb was all over Castro for taking a poor position to receive the relay and got caught between bounces.  Borb said the error should have gone to Castro.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 16, 2010, 09:05:08 AM

Ball took a funny bounce on the wet grass and skipped past him.  He didn't make a good play, but it wasn't anywhere as bad as a Soriano play.

The second was a few minutes later.  He threw to the cutoff man and the ball skipped away.  I didn't get a good look because, by that point, I didn't give a shit, but Borb was all over Castro for taking a poor position to receive the relay and got caught between bounces.  Borb said the error should have gone to Castro.

Honest question--what value does Trammell have, considering he's A) a  coach and B) he was a premier shortstop in his time, and yet the Cubs' current shortstop is playing the position like someone's pointing a pellet gun filled with rhinocerous shit at his face?  So far I've seen Castro 1) jump out in front of the bag and dive back on a stolen base, 2) take his glove off the bag to let that worthless fucknut Pierre slide around him  and slap the bag and 3) consistently take wrong positioning on relays.  Granted, it's been proven that the Cubs' development staff at the minor league level is a clown college on roller skates, but seeing as how Castro is still incredibly young, is there nothing this pock-faced douchebag can do to instruct him in how to play the goddamn position like a professional rather than a full-blown spazz?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2010, 09:28:33 AM »
The last National League player before Colvin to make two errors in one  inning was Derrek Lee, earlier last night. Before tha, it was Kosuke in 2008. Generous home-team scoring spared Mark DeRosa from the same distinction in Game 2 of the 2008 NLDS.

Why does this always happen to the Cubs?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2010, 09:30:39 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 16, 2010, 09:28:33 AM
The last National League player before Colvin to make two errors in one  inning was Derrek Lee, earlier last night. Before tha, it was Kosuke in 2008. Generous home-team scoring spared Mark DeRosa from the same distinction in Game 2 of the 2008 NLDS.

Why does this always happen to the Cubs?

Must be some kind of curse. It's the only rational explanation.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2010, 09:32:55 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 16, 2010, 09:16:56 AM

Honest question--what value does Trammell have, considering he's A) a  coach and B) he was a premier shortstop in his time, and yet the Cubs' current shortstop is playing the position like someone's pointing a pellet gun filled with rhinocerous shit at his face?  So far I've seen Castro 1) jump out in front of the bag and dive back on a stolen base, 2) take his glove off the bag to let that worthless fucknut Pierre slide around him  and slap the bag and 3) consistently take wrong positioning on relays.  Granted, it's been proven that the Cubs' development staff at the minor league level is a clown college on roller skates, but seeing as how Castro is still incredibly young, is there nothing this pock-faced douchebag can do to instruct him in how to play the goddamn position like a professional rather than a full-blown spazz?

Castro is 20 years old. He's been up with the Cubs for a month. I was 20 years old during my junior year of college. I took many classes from some distinguished professors, a few with impressive professional experience in business, law and journalism. Two or three months in, I had failed to become John Rockefeller, Oliver Wendell Holmes or Mike Royko. Granted, I was drinking my weight in Natural Light and Wild Turkey, but Starlin lives with Soriano, so I don't see much of a difference.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 16, 2010, 09:32:55 AM
Castro is 20 years old. He's been up with the Cubs for a month. I was 20 years old during my junior year of college. I took many classes from some distinguished professors, a few with impressive professional experience in business, law and journalism. Two or three months in, I had failed to become John Rockefeller, Oliver Wendell Holmes or Mike Royko. Granted, I was drinking my weight in Natural Light and Wild Turkey, but Starlin lives with Soriano, so I don't see much of a difference.

This worked so well for Felix Pie.  Why the fuck doesn't someone get the kid an apartment on his own?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2010, 09:37:09 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 16, 2010, 09:32:55 AM
Quote from: MAD on June 16, 2010, 09:16:56 AM

Just so we're clear--my expectation is not that Castro would be--to run with your analogy--the second coming of Ozzie Smith.  My expectation is that he play the position ably.  If we're going to be forced to watch someone play the position like he has no idea what he's doing out there, they may as well have kept the Theriomuppet there.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2010, 10:08:23 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 16, 2010, 09:34:19 AM
This worked so well for Felix Pie.  Why the fuck doesn't someone get the kid an apartment on his own?

Because he's 20 years old and barely speaks English.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 16, 2010, 10:08:23 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 16, 2010, 09:34:19 AM

Because he's 20 years old and barely speaks English.

That didn't stop me at 20.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »
Anybody else wary of the fact that Soriano likes to stock his house with doe eyed young twenty-something dudes?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2010, 11:11:33 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 16, 2010, 11:09:51 AM
Anybody else wary of the fact that Soriano likes to stock his house with doe eyed young twenty-something dudes?

Fine.

I laughed.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2010, 12:26:14 PM »
Castro should move in with Seabs in Roscoe Village.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »
Plenty of room in Mario Lemiuex's basement.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2010, 05:19:37 PM »

Is Stan Bowman taking borders?

On second thought, scratch that...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16