News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 161,480 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 19, 2013, 09:59:10 AM
I'm glad that everything is right in the world and the evil Dodgers with their billions of dollars and fun loving players were thwarted by God's Great Ball Club.

...and the GREATEST FANS IN BASEBALL.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2013, 05:35:40 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 19, 2013, 02:53:45 PM
Quote from: Brownie on October 19, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
I'm glad that everything is right in the world and the evil Dodgers with their billions of dollars and fun loving players were thwarted by God's Great Ball Club.

Just remember: the Dodgers never got it, breaking unwritten rules as far back as 1947. Fortunately, the Cardinals were there to protest that breach, too.

RT.

I admit it...

...I looked for the retweet button.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 19, 2013, 12:46:38 PM

Just remember: the Dodgers never got it, breaking unwritten rules as far back as 1947. Fortunately, the Cardinals were there to protest that breach, too.

If I was 13, I'd want to dry hump this post until it couldn't see straight. 30 year old me will just raise a glass and wish I was as witty as TJMF Brown.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2013, 12:13:02 AM »
What's the best-case scenario for the upcoming World Series of Insufferability, besides a disaster destroying both teams and their awful fans? Who should I be rooting for here.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2013, 12:50:40 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 20, 2013, 12:13:02 AM
What's the best-case scenario for the upcoming World Series of Insufferability, besides a disaster destroying both teams and their awful fans? Who should I be rooting for here.

Snipers.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2013, 08:17:52 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 20, 2013, 12:50:40 AM

Snipers.

A sudden, completely unpredictable, very, very deep sinkhole, probably about two hundred yards across, centred around long/lat 38.622638,-90.192801.  On Saturday night, at about 1940.  Say.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »

Still the Red Sox.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2013, 01:03:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 20, 2013, 10:55:48 AM

Still the Red Sox.

Yeah, this.  Apart from the Cubs (ha ha), I'd like to see Oakland, Baltimore or KC take home the World Series.  If it's not going to be one of them, though, then as long as it's not the Tards or the White Sox who win it all, I can simply ignore the winner and I'm happy enough.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: October 20, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 20, 2013, 01:03:26 PM

Still the Red Sox.

Yeah, this.  Apart from the Cubs (ha ha), I'd like to see Oakland, Baltimore or KC take home the World Series.  If it's not going to be one of them, though, then as long as it's not the Tards or the White Sox who win it all, I can simply ignore the winner and I'm happy enough.

I know about 5 decent Red Sox fans, so that eases the irritation. The remaining 50 or so Red Sox fans I know can fuck off, though.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2013, 05:18:18 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 20, 2013, 01:05:28 PM

Still the Red Sox.

I know about 5 decent Red Sox fans, so that eases the irritation. The remaining 50 or so Red Sox fans I know can fuck off, though.

Both fanbases strike me as generally insufferable, but St. Louis takes the cake with the whole self-congratulatory BFIBB bullshit.  I know it should be beneath me to pay any mind to such an inferior midwestern locale--if anything, they should be pitied since it's been all downhill since they hosted the 1904 Olympics-- but I'm a small man  A small, petty man.  Fuck St. Louis.  Go chowderheads.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2013, 07:46:38 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 21, 2013, 05:18:18 AM
but I'm a small man 

That's NOT what she said

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2013, 09:11:17 AM »

Still the Red Sox.

One of my law partners has a picture of Ted williams in his office.  I have one of Hank Sauer, and another with Andy Pafko, Bill Nicolson and Peanuts Lowery, in my office.  So who am I to talk?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2013, 10:05:58 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 21, 2013, 09:11:17 AM

Still the Red Sox.

One of my law partners has a picture of Ted williams in his office.  I have one of Hank Sauer, and another with Andy Pafko, Bill Nicolson and Peanuts Lowery, in my office.  So who am I to talk?

I don't have an office yet, but if and when I do, it's gonna be wall-to-wall DeRosa, Theriot, Campana, Kerry Wood, and all the other gritty non-GLOREE BOYS that a way everyone knows I luh ma KUBBEEZ.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 21, 2013, 10:05:58 AM

Still the Red Sox.

I don't have an office yet, but if and when I do, it's gonna be wall-to-wall DeRosa, Theriot, Campana, Kerry Wood, and all the other gritty non-GLOREE BOYS that a way everyone knows I luh ma KUBBEEZ.

If you don't have an office, why do you care if you smell like Busch Stadium bleachers?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2013, 10:53:18 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 21, 2013, 10:19:57 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 21, 2013, 10:05:58 AM

Still the Red Sox.

If you don't have an office, why do you care if you smell like Busch Stadium bleachers?

Because I go to school and there are wimminfolk around.