News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 101,659 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #720 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:03 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 14, 2010, 10:26:23 PM
Can we just have some bonertime for the Bears defense this year?

16.2 PPG (3rd Best)
301 Total YPG (5th)
219 Pass YPG (17th)
66.7 Opposing Passer rating (1st)
14 Interceptions (1st)
6 Passing TDs allowed (1st)
82.3 Rush YPG (2nd)
32% 3rd Down % (2nd)

Jesus, I feel like one two game pank-stretch by Cutler against the Seahawks and the Redskins has made everyone completely oblivious to the fact that the reason the Bears will make the playoffs this year is the fact that they have, by any measuring stick, one of the best defenses in the entire league.

Not directing that at this collective, but I hear people talking about how the Bears will "make the race interesting for Green Bay" and I want to choke somebody because I feel like the only person who remembers that the Bears beat Green Bay and maybe, just maybe, they aren't fucking miles behind them in talent.

Last night I watched a replay of the Bears 2006 game at Minnesota on NFL Network OnDemand. I feel like this defense is basically equal to that one. The 2006 team had versions of Tommie/Urlacher/Briggs that really lit up the screen. They were all three clearly faster and more agile at least in that game. But they had no Julius Peppers. They did have a healthy Mike Brown at that point too so I think the one-game per season sample size I took in yesterday would be an inefficient comparison altogether. But I think this year's team might be close and if they stay healthy like that team unfortunately did not, they could go just as far. WRAP UP AND GANG UP AND KNOCK THAT BITCH OUT

The Bears season that this one reminds of the most so far is 2005. Because the Bears are so obviously flawed and have slipped up against some inferior-ass teams. But they are staying competitive and getting it done with defense and special teams while hoping and praying that the offense doesn't piss away the whole damned turd circus.

The difference between this season and that one is not only Jay Cutler >>>> Neckbeard but the Packers are neck and neck with the Bears, while the 2005 team wrapped up the division on like Labor Day or some shit.

The point of this post is basically this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNlapVi0jlM&feature=related#t=1m36s
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #721 on: November 15, 2010, 08:36:50 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 15, 2010, 07:53:03 AM

16.2 PPG (3rd Best)
301 Total YPG (5th)
219 Pass YPG (17th)
14 Interceptions (1st)
82.3 Rush YPG (2nd)
32% 3rd Down % (2nd)

Jesus, I feel like one two game pank-stretch by Cutler against the Seahawks and the Redskins has made everyone completely oblivious to the fact that the reason the Bears will make the playoffs this year is the fact that they have, by any measuring stick, one of the best defenses in the entire league.

Not directing that at this collective, but I hear people talking about how the Bears will "make the race interesting for Green Bay" and I want to choke somebody because I feel like the only person who remembers that the Bears beat Green Bay and maybe, just maybe, they aren't fucking miles behind them in talent.

Last night I watched a replay of the Bears 2006 game at Minnesota on NFL Network OnDemand. I feel like this defense is basically equal to that one. The 2006 team had versions of Tommie/Urlacher/Briggs that really lit up the screen. They were all three clearly faster and more agile at least in that game. But they had no Julius Peppers. They did have a healthy Mike Brown at that point too so I think the one-game per season sample size I took in yesterday would be an inefficient comparison altogether. But I think this year's team might be close and if they stay healthy like that team unfortunately did not, they could go just as far. WRAP UP AND GANG UP AND KNOCK THAT BITCH OUT

The Bears season that this one reminds of the most so far is 2005. Because the Bears are so obviously flawed and have slipped up against some inferior-ass teams. But they are staying competitive and getting it done with defense and special teams while hoping and praying that the offense doesn't piss away the whole damned turd circus.

The difference between this season and that one is not only Jay Cutler >>>> Neckbeard but the Packers are neck and neck with the Bears, while the 2005 team wrapped up the division on like Labor Day or some shit.

I have great fondness for the '84 and '05 defenses.  Briggs at 100% health and Peppers can be like a two-man Jefferson from Ridgemont High.

That Packer game was the best game they've played so far, even after yesterday, but yesterday was nice.  Was Jared Allen hurt?  Didn't hear his name too much. 

I really hope that endzone pic is the last one of Cutler's career.  He was otherwise  practically perfect yesterday.  Besides, those picks have gotten old, even for a mediocre QB.    Please go 10 years without one to balance them out.  You can do it.  Keep a picture of today's interception on your fridge. 

6-3.  Huzzah.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #722 on: November 15, 2010, 08:45:41 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 15, 2010, 08:36:50 AM

16.2 PPG (3rd Best)
301 Total YPG (5th)
219 Pass YPG (17th)
14 Interceptions (1st)
82.3 Rush YPG (2nd)
32% 3rd Down % (2nd)

I have great fondness for the '84 and '05 defenses.  Briggs at 100% health and Peppers can be like a two-man Jefferson from Ridgemont High.

That Packer game was the best game they've played so far, even after yesterday, but yesterday was nice.  Was Jared Allen hurt?  Didn't hear his name too much. 

I really hope that endzone pic is the last one of Cutler's career.  He was otherwise  practically perfect yesterday.  Besides, those picks have gotten old, even for a mediocre QB.    Please go 10 years without one to balance them out.  You can do it.  Keep a picture of today's interception on your fridge. 

6-3.  Huzzah.

Would have been way cooler with RZA doing the score...just sayin'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #723 on: November 15, 2010, 08:47:38 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 15, 2010, 08:45:41 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 15, 2010, 08:36:50 AM

16.2 PPG (3rd Best)
301 Total YPG (5th)
219 Pass YPG (17th)
14 Interceptions (1st)
82.3 Rush YPG (2nd)
32% 3rd Down % (2nd)

6-3.  Huzzah.

Would have been way cooler with RZA doing the score...just sayin'.

I can't find the clip of it on YouTube.  Even if you Google "Spicoli ultimate set of tools jefferson's brother ridgemont high football" you don't get either scene.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #724 on: November 15, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »
To be fair about the pick Cutler threw in the end zone, it looked like he was supposed to roll left, but Omiyale whiffed on his block that Cutler ran into what he thought must have been Alan Page in the backfield. So he made a U-turn. There was no running lane and Cris Collinsworth (inventor of professional football) has said that Cutler's a terrible human being for daring to take a sack, so Cutler tried to force a play and avoid a sack.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #725 on: November 15, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »
JEFFERSON.

JEFFERSON!!

JEFFERSON!!!!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #726 on: November 15, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 15, 2010, 08:48:29 AM
To be fair about the pick Cutler threw in the end zone, it looked like he was supposed to roll left, but Omiyale whiffed on his block that Cutler ran into what he thought must have been Alan Page in the backfield. So he made a U-turn. There was no running lane and Cris Collinsworth (inventor of professional football) has said that Cutler's a terrible human being for daring to take a sack, so Cutler tried to force a play and avoid a sack.

Fine whatever.  Just please gord let it be the last of his professional life.  And Fuck Cris Collinsowrth and his missing "h".

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #727 on: November 15, 2010, 08:51:09 AM »

Forget it.  It's PankWorld.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #728 on: November 15, 2010, 08:54:59 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 15, 2010, 08:50:09 AM

Fine whatever.  Just please gord let it be the last of his professional life.  And Fuck Cris Collinsowrth and his missing "h".

And fuck Cris Collinsworth too, for good measure.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #729 on: November 15, 2010, 09:04:45 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 15, 2010, 08:54:59 AM

Forget it.  It's PANK Town.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #730 on: November 15, 2010, 09:23:29 AM »

He probably lost it that time he was just missed by a '83 Caddy driven by Thom Brennaman on U.S. 41 south of Green Bay.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #731 on: November 15, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 15, 2010, 09:04:45 AM

That will make it a lot easier to avoid.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #732 on: November 15, 2010, 09:45:19 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 15, 2010, 09:37:37 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 15, 2010, 09:04:45 AM

That will make it a lot easier to avoid.

The streetlights are powered by ANGER.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #733 on: November 15, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »
This is big.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40196641/ns/sports-player_news/

Jay Klong: probably out vs. Bears. Good luck with blocking all that Wildcat trickeration.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #734 on: December 01, 2010, 07:44:01 AM »
So Trent Dilfer says he doesn't think the Bears' style can win in the playoffs. Here's my question: how the fuck can Trent Dilfer of anybody argue that a team with an average offense and a great defense can't win in the playoffs? Dilfer is the least-deserving Superbowl winning quarterback of all-time. Granted, the 2000 season was somewhat of an anomaly since fate conspired to have Kerry Collins and Trent Dilfer face off in the Superbowl, but still.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015