News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 102,107 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 08, 2010, 11:22:50 AM
Quote from: Fork on March 08, 2010, 11:05:27 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on March 08, 2010, 11:02:53 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 08, 2010, 10:45:26 AM
Quote from: Yeti on March 08, 2010, 10:38:56 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 05, 2010, 06:10:46 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 05, 2010, 05:48:28 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 05, 2010, 05:35:24 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 05, 2010, 05:23:08 PM
Boldin and a 5th to Baltimore for their 3rd and 4th? Why the fuck didn't the Bears make that move?

They feel like they'll need to make a draft pick ahead of the 5th round?

Fuck that. I'd rather have a stud WR (a position the Bears are solidly OK at) than get an OL (which the Bears are bad at)

You'd rather see the Bears improve for a year at a position they're "solidly OK at" than see them try to improve going forward at what are possibly the most crucial positions on a football squadron (where you agree they're currently for shit)?

If that wasn't an attempt at sarcasm then I don't get this Yeti champion-building strategy at all.

Why not throw money at positions in which the Bears aren't in need? Not like it's something new.

Outside perspective is THIS.
Seems like total desperation, signing these guys.
Not that they're not solid players, but clearly not the positions or areas most in need.

This team is still going to live/die based on how Cutler does next year and I don't see any of these moves giving him enough help.

But then again, my QB apparently is either a serial sexual assaulter or a complete fucking moron who can't stop putting himself in retarded situations (still banking on the latter), so what do I know?

I would say DE and RB were important needs on this team. They couldn't take the risk with Wolfe and Whoopi if Forte were to be banged up again.

Bigest need on this team remains tackle-to-tackle on the offensive side of the football.

We're all well aware of the offensive line issues. Safety, too.

That doesn't take away from countless issues elsewhere on the field, a couple of which were addressed with these signings.

And unless I'm mistaken, the free agent offensive line crop this year is thin-to-nonexistent. The good ones (Jahri Evans, Logan Mankins, Marcus Mcneill) are all restricted free agents and aren't going anywhere.

In short, Pen is wrong. Again.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »
Boldin and a 5th to Baltimore for their 3rd and 4th? Why the fuck didn't the Bears make that move?

Fuck that. I'd rather have a stud WR (a position the Bears are solidly OK at) than get an OL (which the Bears are bad at)

You'd rather see the Bears improve for a year at a position they're "solidly OK at" than see them try to improve going forward at what are possibly the most crucial positions on a football squadron (where you agree they're currently for shit)?

If that wasn't an attempt at sarcasm then I don't get this Yeti champion-building strategy at all.

Why not throw money at positions in which the Bears aren't in need? Not like it's something new.

Not that they're not solid players, but clearly not the positions or areas most in need.

This team is still going to live/die based on how Cutler does next year and I don't see any of these moves giving him enough help.

But then again, my QB apparently is either a serial sexual assaulter or a complete fucking moron who can't stop putting himself in retarded situations (still banking on the latter), so what do I know?

I would say DE and RB were important needs on this team. They couldn't take the risk with Wolfe and Whoopi if Forte were to be banged up again.

Bigest need on this team remains tackle-to-tackle on the offensive side of the football.

That doesn't take away from countless issues elsewhere on the field, a couple of which were addressed with these signings.

The Peppers signing can help mask the shortcomings in the defensive backfield, so there's that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2010, 11:42:51 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 08, 2010, 11:33:59 AM

And unless I'm mistaken, the free agent offensive line crop this year is thin-to-nonexistent. The good ones (Jahri Evans, Logan Mankins, Marcus Mcneill) are all restricted free agents and aren't going anywhere.

Just saying that these moves smack of desperation by a bunch of guys who's jobs are clearly on the line.
Obviously you get better when you sign a guy like Julius Peppers, and while there isn't an overwhelming amount of talent available at OL (Gaither, Clifton, not sure who else w/o looking) it feels like a Daniel Snyder Redskins type of day where you go after names over need.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 08, 2010, 11:42:51 AM

Just saying that these moves smack of desperation by a bunch of guys who's jobs are clearly on the line.
Obviously you get better when you sign a guy like Julius Peppers, and while there isn't an overwhelming amount of talent available at OL (Gaither, Clifton, not sure who else w/o looking) it feels like a Daniel Snyder Redskins type of day where you go after names over need.

Of course they're desperate. But have you watched the Bears defensive ends the last couple years? Brown is solid, but Ogunleye's done and Anderson was a flash in the pan. Regardless of how much we all may hate the Cover 2, if they're going to run it, it helps to have a stud pass-rush DE. It's a need.

The Bears weren't very good last year. Other than Cutler, Briggs, and Tillman they've got needs out the ass.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 08, 2010, 11:48:27 AM

Of course they're desperate. But have you watched the Bears defensive ends the last couple years? Brown is solid, but Ogunleye's done and Anderson was a flash in the pan. Regardless of how much we all may hate the Cover 2, if they're going to run it, it helps to have a stud pass-rush DE. It's a need.

The Bears weren't very good last year. Other than Cutler, Briggs, and Tillman they've got needs out the ass.

Well, now you're just baiting me.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 08, 2010, 11:49:36 AM

So the Bears don't need a defensive end or a third down running back or a 6th offensive lineman. But what they DO need is a quarterback. Got it.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 08, 2010, 11:49:36 AM

Jebus.

Your blisteringly ignorant misconceptions about Jay Cutler really interfere with your ability to discuss football intelligently.

The guy had the worst season of his career, and yet:

He threw for the third most TD's in team history (27)
He threw for the second most yards in team history
Earned the 5th best completion percentage in history (min. 250 pass attempts)
Set franchise record with 336 completions (in a franchise-record 555 attempts)
Helped defeat the defending Super Bowl champions when, after their gay-assed kicker missed a clinching FG, he marched them down the field for the winning drive.

All the time while having third-rate track stars for receivers, an offensive line that couldn't block scarecrows, and a PANK coaching staff.  Yes, he got picked a bunch of times--like I said it was probably his worst season--and the bar was not set very high for Bears quarterbacks to begin with but still, if you wish to sincerely debate the merits of Jay Cutler as the Bears quarterback, you're thick.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
But, Huey, Cutler's a whiny bitch

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 08, 2010, 12:28:45 PM
But, Huey, Cutler's a whiny bitch

"Where's my insulin? Wah, wah, wah."

And I bet he couldn't even rape a woman if he tried.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »
We are the next New Orleans

""I looked around at a few options for that job and it kept coming back to Mike,'' Smith said. "I have known him a long time. He will do what we need. I see him joining us having an effect much like what the New Orleans Saints did. They brought in a strong force on one side of the ball (defensive coordinator Gregg Williams) and it changed a lot for them. It got them over the top. I believe we have made the same kind of move in getting us over the top.''"

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »
Quote from: MAD on March 08, 2010, 12:07:33 PM
Your blisteringly ignorant misconceptions about Jay Cutler really interfere with your ability to discuss football intelligently.

Helped defeat the defending Super Bowl champions when, after their gay-assed kicker missed a clinching FG, he marched them down the field for the winning drive.

All the time while having third-rate track stars for receivers, an offensive line that couldn't block scarecrows, and a PANK coaching staff.  Yes, he got picked a bunch of times--like I said it was probably his worst season--and the bar was not set very high for Bears quarterbacks to begin with but still, if you wish to sincerely debate the merits of Jay Cutler as the Bears quarterback, you're thick.

Just to clarify, I'm "blisteringly ignorant and unable to discuss football intelligently", yet your defense of Cutler rests upon how he compares not to other QBs of his era, but to other QBs in Bears history?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 08, 2010, 12:42:05 PM
Quote from: MAD on March 08, 2010, 12:07:33 PM

Just to clarify, I'm "blisteringly ignorant and unable to discuss football intelligently", yet your defense of Cutler rests upon how he compares not to other QBs of his era, but to other QBs in Bears history?

I think Huey's point is that in his worst season, with the worst offensive unit the Bears have fielded in several years (a major accomplishment indeed), he managed to set franchise records. Was it a great season? Not by any measuring stick, but the notion that Cutler was what was wrong with the team or that there's some other quarterback out there who would be a better option is absolutely ludicrous.

And your franchise is about to go 6-10 with Dennis Dixon starting while Big Ben renovates Michael Vick's old prison cell, so fuck you.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »
Fuck you, Pen.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2010, 01:47:20 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 08, 2010, 01:44:22 PM
Fuck you, Pen.

I was just "THIS"-ing.
Tell Yeti to fuck him, I just agreed.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2010, 01:51:16 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 08, 2010, 01:47:20 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 08, 2010, 01:44:22 PM
Fuck you, Pen.

I was just "THIS"-ing.
Tell Yeti to fuck him, I just agreed.

Fuck you