News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 102,036 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #690 on: September 30, 2010, 09:04:17 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 30, 2010, 09:01:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 30, 2010, 07:42:28 AM
"One subtle difference has come when the Bears have won the toss. Smith has taken the ball to start the game instead of deferring to receive the kickoff in the second half. Smith's defense is better than his offense right now. Everybody knows it. But Smith is making a surprising, aggressive decision the other way."

Umm, I'm sorry, but I can't remember Lovie ever declining to receive at the beginning of the game. Not even when Ron Turner was the offensive coordinator. That's just making shit up to provide a contrast.

They deferred definitely a few times the past two years.

Actually I don't really care. Y'all just got Rosenrolled. http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/rosenblog/2010/09/nice-to-see-lovie-smith-coach-like-his-bears-future-rides-on-it.html Boom. Roasted.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #691 on: September 30, 2010, 11:52:02 AM »
One more stupid thing I heard today: "The Bears have been outplayed in two of their three wins."  Okay, fine, the Packers may have outplayed the Bears on Sunday, but no one watching the opening game of the season can possibly say the Bears did anything but kick the shit out of the Lions all game in week one.  Aside from a couple fluke fumbles, that game could have easily been 35-14.  If you want to use yardage to prove the Packers outplayed the Bears, fine-but don't then ignore the yardage to say that they got outplayed in week one. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #692 on: September 30, 2010, 12:01:12 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on September 30, 2010, 11:52:02 AM
One more stupid thing I heard today: "The Bears have been outplayed in two of their three wins."  Okay, fine, the Packers may have outplayed the Bears on Sunday, but no one watching the opening game of the season can possibly say the Bears did anything but kick the shit out of the Lions all game in week one.  Aside from a couple fluke fumbles, that game could have easily been 35-14.  If you want to use yardage to prove the Packers outplayed the Bears, fine-but don't then ignore the yardage to say that they got outplayed in week one.  

I was watching a bunch of other games on Sunday (including the stupid Cubs) so I can't speak to what went down between the Bears and Packers then. But I was there on Monday and from my vantage point - an Slezak's I bet - the Bears outplayed the shit out of the bumbling, stumbling, fumble-fucking Packers. Special Teams play actually matters in football.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #693 on: September 30, 2010, 03:07:07 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on September 30, 2010, 11:52:02 AM
One more stupid thing I heard today: "The Bears have been outplayed in two of their three wins."  Okay, fine, the Packers may have outplayed the Bears on Sunday, but no one watching the opening game of the season can possibly say the Bears did anything but kick the shit out of the Lions all game in week one.  Aside from a couple fluke fumbles, that game could have easily been 35-14.  If you want to use yardage to prove the Packers outplayed the Bears, fine-but don't then ignore the yardage to say that they got outplayed in week one. 

Except quick scoring drives and return TDs count the same as 9 minute scoring drives brought on by 9,000 quick slants. Eat a dick, world. Now let us give it up and focus on the upcoming beatdown of the New Fork Giants. [blogwhoring] SKOSCAST at 7:20 PM central time, folks. [/blogwhoring]
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #694 on: October 03, 2010, 09:14:25 PM »
Bump.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #696 on: October 13, 2010, 01:20:25 PM »
Williams slides over to left guard, Omiyale to remain at Left Tackle, Garza to the bench, Williams and Webb to remain on the right side. I guess if it worked for Robert Gallery? Sad that Williams has already failed at the position he was drafted for.
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/10/bears-shuffle-o-line-move-chris-williams-to-guard.html

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #697 on: October 13, 2010, 01:36:05 PM »
I think I like this JaMarcus Webb fellow.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #698 on: October 13, 2010, 01:41:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 13, 2010, 01:20:25 PM
Williams slides over to left guard, Omiyale to remain at Left Tackle, Garza to the bench, Williams and Webb to remain on the right side. I guess if it worked for Robert Gallery? Sad that Williams has already failed at the position he was drafted for.
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/10/bears-shuffle-o-line-move-chris-williams-to-guard.html

Biggest. Move. EVAR.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #699 on: October 13, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »

It's hard to say that since Williams has been given little time to work on the position he was drafted for. Hopefully, the Bears leave him at LG and be done with it. Otherwise, Chris becomes the Daniel Manning of the offensive line.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #700 on: October 13, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 13, 2010, 01:45:22 PM

It's hard to say that since Williams has been given little time to work on the position he was drafted for. Hopefully, the Bears leave him at LG and be done with it. Otherwise, Chris becomes the Daniel Manning of the offensive line.

Well we know Edwin Williams isn't the Danieal Manning of the offensive line, because he can tackle.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #701 on: October 13, 2010, 02:19:16 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 13, 2010, 01:45:22 PM

Does that mean he's going to have value on special teams? Because that would be some value.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #702 on: October 14, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »
If he can be a decent guard, then who cares if he failed at being a tackle? it would still be a good draft pick compared to most of Angelo's fuck ups.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #703 on: October 14, 2010, 10:03:09 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2010, 09:59:45 AM
If he can be a decent guard, then who cares if he failed at being a tackle? it would still be a good draft pick compared to most of Angelo's fuck ups.

I don't think anybody would care at this point. But if they were looking for a guard at that spot there was probably someone rated higher. If they were looking for a tackle, which they were... fuck... I'm bitching again. I hope both Williamses do really well at guard.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #704 on: October 14, 2010, 11:59:04 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2010, 09:59:45 AM

Because it's a shitty use of the #16 overall draft pick and salary cap allocation.  That's great if he can be really good.  Robert Gallery turned out to be a pretty decent guard.  Doesn't mean $9 against the cap and being taken #2 overall is all good.

I contend that even if he turns out to be a very good guard, it's still a fuckup pick by Angelo.  You can't consider drafting a guard in the first round and paying him left tackle money a good thing, ever.