News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 102,034 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #705 on: October 14, 2010, 12:00:37 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on October 14, 2010, 11:59:04 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2010, 09:59:45 AM
If he can be a decent guard, then who cares if he failed at being a tackle? it would still be a good draft pick compared to most of Angelo's fuck ups.

Because it's a shitty use of the #16 overall draft pick and salary cap allocation.  That's great if he can be really good.  Robert Gallery turned out to be a pretty decent guard.  Doesn't mean $9 against the cap and being taken #2 overall is all good.

I contend that even if he turns out to be a very good guard, it's still a fuckup pick by Angelo.  You can't consider drafting a guard in the first round and paying him left tackle money a good thing, ever.

But it still worked out better than drafting Michael Haynes.

*SOB*

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #706 on: October 14, 2010, 12:17:11 PM »
Michael Haynes was/is a really nice guy.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #707 on: October 14, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on October 14, 2010, 11:59:04 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2010, 09:59:45 AM
If he can be a decent guard, then who cares if he failed at being a tackle? it would still be a good draft pick compared to most of Angelo's fuck ups.

Because it's a shitty use of the #16 overall draft pick and salary cap allocation.  That's great if he can be really good.  Robert Gallery turned out to be a pretty decent guard.  Doesn't mean $9 against the cap and being taken #2 overall is all good.

I contend that even if he turns out to be a very good guard, it's still a fuckup pick by Angelo.  You can't consider drafting a guard in the first round and paying him left tackle money a good thing, ever.

Still a fuck up, yeah, but I was taking the glass half full approach. I'm more concerned about keeping Cutler's brains from being totally scrambled, and if playing Williams at guard helps then I'm all for it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #708 on: November 09, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »
Let's get some good synergy going with the only site thread. Parking at Bears games: How, where, how much, etc. Enlighten me, oh cacophony of Cutler cock chuggers.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #709 on: November 09, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on November 09, 2010, 06:30:53 PM
Let's get some good synergy going with the only site thread. Parking at Bears games: How, where, how much, etc. Enlighten me, oh cacophony of Cutler cock chuggers.

State Street and Wabash at around 8-11th - There are some parking lots that will run you around $30-40 to park for the day. It's a bit of a walk, but if you're really, really fat, you can always hop in a rickshaw and have somebody haul your fat ass through Grant Park. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #710 on: November 09, 2010, 08:27:03 PM »

Why not stop in at one of the bars that run shuttles?

Free, downtown, lots of parking garages in the area. And the most suspect bathrooms short of a Metra train.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #711 on: November 09, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »
Quote from: flannj on November 09, 2010, 08:27:03 PM

Free, downtown, lots of parking garages in the area. And the most suspect bathrooms short of a Metra train.

I am extremely suspicious of a link to "alcocks.com", especially considering Yellon's photo of Todd's junk linked from the lead story of this very website.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #712 on: November 09, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on November 09, 2010, 08:34:28 PM

I am extremely suspicious of a link to "alcocks.com", especially considering Yellon's photo of Todd's junk linked from the lead story of this very website.

Just carrying on with the Only Site vibe...

411 S. Wells
Behind the old Insurance Exchange Building and the Board of Trade.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #713 on: November 09, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
I never drive but last year, acting as a lookout for my brother who was, I discovered a parking garage at Clark and Harrison for five freaking bucks.  I told my cousin, who also drives to a number of games.  When he took my advice later in the season, he informed that the price had gone up...to 6 bucks.  

All of this struck me as strange as the lot just south of there--a kitty corner from Blackies on Polk and Clark--which used to be $10 as recently as 3 years ago had gone up to $20 by last year. And yet it was merely one block away from the 5 dollar structure.  Anyway, this garageis is at the southwest corner of Clark and Harrison, the sign is yellow lettering on a blue background, but it's not a parking company that you've seen anywhere else in the Loop, so it'll actually stand out from what you're familiar with.  They're clearly some out-of-town parking company that's not paying attention--or at least as recently as last year they weren't.  They may have wised up since last year (although until now I've been very careful about whom I share this valuable information with) and have jacked the price up to 15, 20 bucks, but I recommend checking it out.  Like Apex said, it's a haul, but unless you're some high roller with a Soldier Field parking permit, there's nowhere for you to park that's not going to also entail at least a one mile walk.  And if you're going to walk one mile, what's two, which is about how far Clark and Harrison is from Soldier.

Also, they actually have a men's room.  A legit pisser at a parking garage.  It's like you died and went to tailgate heaven.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #714 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:54 AM »
Quote from: flannj on November 09, 2010, 08:49:09 PM

411 S. Wells

It's also about a thousand times cooler than teh piece of shit, TDubbsian joint Cactus across the street.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #715 on: November 10, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 10, 2010, 06:16:54 AM
Quote from: flannj on November 09, 2010, 08:49:09 PM

411 S. Wells

It's also about a thousand times cooler than teh piece of shit, TDubbsian joint Cactus across the street.

THIS.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #716 on: November 10, 2010, 08:07:01 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2010, 10:34:00 PMI never drive but last year, acting as a lookout for my brother who was, I discovered a parking garage at Clark and Harrison for five freaking bucks.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #717 on: November 10, 2010, 08:24:03 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 10, 2010, 08:07:01 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2010, 10:34:00 PMI never drive but last year, acting as a lookout for my brother who was, I discovered a parking garage at Clark and Harrison for five freaking bucks.

I laughed.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #718 on: November 10, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 09, 2010, 10:34:00 PM
(although until now I've been very careful about whom I share this valuable information with)

Don't worry. The internet is sure to keep your secret.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #719 on: November 14, 2010, 10:26:23 PM »
Can we just have some bonertime for the Bears defense this year?

16.2 PPG (3rd Best)
301 Total YPG (5th)
219 Pass YPG (17th)
66.7 Opposing Passer rating (1st)
14 Interceptions (1st)
6 Passing TDs allowed (1st)
82.3 Rush YPG (2nd)
32% 3rd Down % (2nd)

Jesus, I feel like one two game pank-stretch by Cutler against the Seahawks and the Redskins has made everyone completely oblivious to the fact that the reason the Bears will make the playoffs this year is the fact that they have, by any measuring stick, one of the best defenses in the entire league.

Not directing that at this collective, but I hear people talking about how the Bears will "make the race interesting for Green Bay" and I want to choke somebody because I feel like the only person who remembers that the Bears beat Green Bay and maybe, just maybe, they aren't fucking miles behind them in talent.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015