News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen  ( 35,159 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lilly Rotation; Zambrano Bullpen
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
He'd also probably get to pitch more IF HE WERE FUCKING STARTING!
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2010, 08:14:55 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 10, 2010, 07:50:55 AM
He'd also probably get to pitch more IF HE WERE FUCKING STARTING!

THI!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
Hold that thought...

Carlos Zambrano was sent to a local hospital Wednesday afternoon with appendicitis-like symptoms.
Zambrano was not available for Wednesday's game against the Dodgers and an appendectomy, unfortunately, could force him to miss a month. Big Z was scheduled to return to the Cubs' rotation against the Pirates next week.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2010, 07:39:12 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 27, 2010, 05:03:19 PM
Hold that thought...

Carlos Zambrano was sent to a local hospital Wednesday afternoon with appendicitis-like symptoms.
Zambrano was not available for Wednesday's game against the Dodgers and an appendectomy, unfortunately, could force him to miss a month. Big Z was scheduled to return to the Cubs' rotation against the Pirates next week.

Good news?

"According to MLB.com's Carrie Muskat, tests on Carlos Zambrano's lower right side Thursday came up negative for appendicitis.

There's still something wrong with his abdominal region, but for now it sounds like he will not require surgery. Zambrano is still tentatively scheduled to rejoin the Cubs' starting rotation next week against the Pirates."
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2010, 03:33:16 PM »
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »
Why is Z so determined to making me feel so bad for defending him?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2010, 06:41:06 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on June 25, 2010, 03:33:16 PM
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

You know, Z had value gathering a head of steam out of the pen and destroying someone in the event of a bench-clearing brawl...

So nice of the Cubs to contribute to the White Sox run to contention.  The two teams were only one game apart in the loss column when the previous series started...now...

Back to the College World Series.  Pingball is still kinda fun to watch.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »
Wait a minute... I just heard on the radio that he got suspended? My comment a minute ago was a result of me just checking his line for the game. What the hell did he do?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2010, 06:59:46 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 25, 2010, 06:51:19 PM
Wait a minute... I just heard on the radio that he got suspended? My comment a minute ago was a result of me just checking his line for the game. What the hell did he do?

What did you think FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT meant?  The first inning started with a grounder down the line that Lee couldn't get, a double for Juan Pierre.  Zambrano proceeded to give up four runs, including a meatball of a breaking ball to the great Carlos Quentin.  So when Zambrano returned to the dugout, he was screaming, and he knew whose fault it was.

Derrek Lee.

Since Lee didn't magically come up with that slapdick Pierre's lucky grounder down the line, those four runs and the three-run bomb were all his fault.  Zambrano was in Lee's face, screaming at him, and they had to be separated.  According to Steve Stone, Lou took them down into the clubhouse to give them a talkin' to.  Gorzelanny started warming up.  Zambrano came back up to the dugout, then was told he's being taken out.  Somewhere in there he destroyed a Gatorade cooler, according to Muskrat.  So now he's indefinitely suspended and the Cubs will once again erase any trade value he might've had through the media before dealing him and eating almost all of his salary for some underwhelming talent.  Hooray.

Edit for video.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2010, 07:17:52 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on June 25, 2010, 06:59:46 PM
Quote from: Yeti on June 25, 2010, 06:51:19 PM

What did you think FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT meant?  The first inning started with a grounder down the line that Lee couldn't get, a double for Juan Pierre.  Zambrano proceeded to give up four runs, including a meatball of a breaking ball to the great Carlos Quentin.  So when Zambrano returned to the dugout, he was screaming, and he knew whose fault it was.

Derrek Lee.

It's unclear to me that it wasn't a general frenzy with Lee's vector simply being to tell Zambrano to plug the miasma.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »
Hmmmm. I wasn't sure why you said it. I just kind of moved past it. After I thought about it I Rosendouched it and figured out what you meant. Just watched the video.  I'm really sad. Unless this results in lee getting traded and the Cubs coming back to win the central, Z may have lost me as a fan.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 25, 2010, 07:32:10 PM
Hmmmm. I wasn't sure why you said it. I just kind of moved past it. After I thought about it I Rosendouched it and figured out what you meant. Just watched the video.  I'm really sad. Unless this results in lee getting traded and the Cubs coming back to win the central, Z may have lost me as a fan.

Unless this makes Lee come alive and win the MVP on the way to a World Series title, in which case Z is my favorite Cub ever.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »
Another angle. This seems to be nothing that 20 mg of DOM and a lot of hand-holding and chanting couldn't repress.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2010, 09:56:03 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 25, 2010, 07:17:52 PM
It's unclear to me that it wasn't a general frenzy with Lee's vector simply being to tell Zambrano to plug the miasma.

You are I are suffering from the same lack of clarity.

There has to be more that occurred in the clubhouse out of sight to call for this "suspension".   At least I think so.   I can only hope that Jim Hendry learned something from the Bradley thing last year...that indefinitely suspending people has a shitload of negative trade symptoms. 

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2010, 10:07:21 PM »
I just got home, had no idea what happened today, and you know what?  Fuck this, I'm watching Lebowski.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)