News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Reasonable Trade Discussion  ( 78,184 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Reasonable Trade Discussion
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 15, 2016, 09:14:15 AM
What about sending some prospects, cash, and Miggy to the Brewers for Lucroy? The Brewers want to trade him, he projects to bounce back pretty well from an injury plagued 2015, was worth 13 wins from 2012-2014 before he got hurt, and is under team control through 2017. At that point you should know if Contreras really is ready to be your full time catcher, but in the meantime you get a guy who is almost certainly better than whatever is left of Montero's corpse while you make your title run.

I have a dream that one of these days, the Pirates are going to have a massive communal brainfart and trade Cervelli to the Cubs.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #466 on: February 15, 2016, 09:28:37 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 15, 2016, 09:22:42 AM
What about sending some prospects, cash, and Miggy to the Brewers for Lucroy? The Brewers want to trade him, he projects to bounce back pretty well from an injury plagued 2015, was worth 13 wins from 2012-2014 before he got hurt, and is under team control through 2017. At that point you should know if Contreras really is ready to be your full time catcher, but in the meantime you get a guy who is almost certainly better than whatever is left of Montero's corpse while you make your title run.

Which prospects?

I dunno, presumably some mid-level and maybe one upper-level, in the abstract.

He's only got 2 years of control and he's coming off an injury plagued year, so maybe like Jeimer Candelario and some other stuff? If their Khris Davis trade is any indication they'll gamble on toolsy guys with upside.

I don't think they'd need to part with Gleyber or McKinney or Contreras, but some guys in that second tier.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: February 15, 2016, 09:51:19 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 15, 2016, 09:28:37 AM

Which prospects?

He's only got 2 years of control and he's coming off an injury plagued year, so maybe like Jeimer Candelario and some other stuff? If their Khris Davis trade is any indication they'll gamble on toolsy guys with upside.

I don't think they'd need to part with Gleyber or McKinney or Contreras, but some guys in that second tier.

I'm hearing Candelario being talked up this year and I'm trying to discern if it's the Cubs' PR machine pumping him up or if the dude's a real prospect after an admittedly decent Age 21 season at AA.  In any event, if the Brewers were okay with dealing LaCroy for the likes of Candelario then by all means, they can be my guest.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: February 15, 2016, 10:10:40 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 15, 2016, 09:51:19 AM

Which prospects?

I'm hearing Candelario being talked up this year and I'm trying to discern if it's the Cubs' PR machine pumping him up or if the dude's a real prospect after an admittedly decent Age 21 season at AA.  In any event, if the Brewers were okay with dealing LaCroy for the likes of Candelario then by all means, they can be my guest.

He was a guy that got a lot of love before 2014 if I remember correctly. He has a lot of raw tools and his contact skills were highly praised. He fell off a lot of people's radars with a crappy 2014 and with the other prospects in the system being instant superstars, but then he hit well this year and he's considered a fairly legit prospect.

MLB Pipeline had him as a top ten 3B prospect, as did Keith Law, although both said he was just outside top 100 prospect status.

I doubt he alone would be enough to get Lucroy but it doesn't seem like the Brewers have much in the way of 3rd base prospects. He'd be a nice start to the package.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: February 15, 2016, 07:06:28 PM »

Which prospects?

Hawkins?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2016, 08:58:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 15, 2016, 10:10:40 AM

Which prospects?

He was a guy that got a lot of love before 2014 if I remember correctly. He has a lot of raw tools and his contact skills were highly praised. He fell off a lot of people's radars with a crappy 2014 and with the other prospects in the system being instant superstars, but then he hit well this year and he's considered a fairly legit prospect.

MLB Pipeline had him as a top ten 3B prospect, as did Keith Law, although both said he was just outside top 100 prospect status.

I doubt he alone would be enough to get Lucroy but it doesn't seem like the Brewers have much in the way of 3rd base prospects. He'd be a nice start to the package.

I'd think Candelario, Miggy and Almora gets it done.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: February 16, 2016, 09:03:50 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 16, 2016, 08:58:52 AM

Which prospects?

Somebody get on the phone with Hoyer's secretary!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: February 16, 2016, 11:16:53 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 16, 2016, 09:03:50 AM

Which prospects?

Lucroy is a player who gets injured making his bed or packing a suitcase.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/brewers-jonathan-lucroy-looks-to-rebound-in-2016-from-injury-filled-season-b99588582z1-330500461.html
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: February 16, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 16, 2016, 11:16:53 AM

Which prospects?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/brewers-jonathan-lucroy-looks-to-rebound-in-2016-from-injury-filled-season-b99588582z1-330500461.html

That makes him a good fit for a franchise that once had a player who missed a game because he couldn't open his eyelids.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: February 16, 2016, 11:33:10 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 16, 2016, 11:25:49 AM

Which prospects?

That makes him a good fit for a franchise that once had a player who missed a game because he couldn't open his eyelids.

-Mike Remlinger broke his hand when he got it stuck in a recliner
-Farnsworth kicked a (metal) fan
-Didn't Farnsworth also allegedly break his toe by trying to punt a baseball?
-Chad Gaudin got drunk and fell into a dumpster or something.
-Sosa threw out his back sneezing

Am I missing any other really good ones?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: February 16, 2016, 11:52:07 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 16, 2016, 11:33:10 AM

Which prospects?

Nomar tried to run that one time.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: February 16, 2016, 12:01:34 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 16, 2016, 11:52:07 AM

Which prospects?

Nomar tried to run that one time.

Yep, and becuase of that I haven't tried running since. I like my groin where it is, thank you.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: February 16, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »

Which prospects?

We never did find out who smashed Sosa's boombox. RIP

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: February 16, 2016, 12:06:45 PM »

Which prospects?

Roy Hobbs and Eddie Waitkus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Waitkus
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: February 16, 2016, 12:11:50 PM »

Which prospects?

Mike Harkey ending his season by doing cartwheels.