News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 51,995 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 29, 2014, 09:34:25 AM
Now that was a fucking episode. Dewey's "prayer" was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television.

What exactly is Boyd/Mara's plan with the multiple corpses? Did I miss it? Or are we not supposed to know yet?

Really hoping we get an Art/Picker-centric episode. That would be balls, the.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 29, 2014, 09:56:25 AM
What exactly is Boyd/Mara's plan with the multiple corpses? Did I miss it? Or are we not supposed to know yet?

I don't think we're meant to know yet.

(When she asked Boyd if he could "find" a couple more bodies, I originally took that as a suggestion that he kill Paxton and Mooney. Guess she really was looking for some rando stiffs.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2014, 11:33:49 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 29, 2014, 10:25:30 AM
Quote from: R-V on January 29, 2014, 09:56:25 AM

I don't think we're meant to know yet.

(When she asked Boyd if he could "find" a couple more bodies, I originally took that as a suggestion that he kill Paxton and Mooney. Guess she really was looking for some rando stiffs.)

Maybe they're going to try to frame or set up Johnny and Hot Rod with them.

I noticed that Johnny told Ava he would, "come and get her." He may have a plan to bust her out, with the help of the rather large lesbain guard who beat the shit out of Officer Rapey Midget. Hot Rod may have some pull around there. Johnny obviously wasn't connected like that to begin with.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2014, 12:13:22 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 29, 2014, 11:33:49 AM
I noticed that Johnny told Ava he would, "come and get her." He may have a plan to bust her out, with the help of the rather large lesbain guard who beat the shit out of Officer Rapey Midget. Hot Rod may have some pull around there. Johnny obviously wasn't connected like that to begin with.

Good point. Ava getting passed around the Crowder circle once more?

QuoteOfficer Rapey Midget

Aka, Danny Siegel.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2014, 12:20:07 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 29, 2014, 09:34:25 AM
Now that was a fucking episode. Dewey's "prayer" was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television.

I haven't undertaken such a study, but I believe that a study of the Bible would show that God intervenes more on the side of violence than on the side of mercy.  (The last time that I was in a synagogue the Torah portion described how a group challenged Moses' leadership.  So God ordered all of them to gather up their families, their servants, and their animals, and when they did God opened up the Earth and it swallowed the whole lot.!)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 29, 2014, 12:13:22 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 29, 2014, 11:33:49 AM

Good point. Ava getting passed around the Crowder circle once more?

QuoteOfficer Rapey Midget

Aka, Danny Siegel.

HA!! I couldn't place him before.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2014, 10:44:18 PM »
I'm not really sure what to say about that episode even as I watch it all over again.

So I'll just leave this here for the time being...

Wendy Crowe.

QuoteAs of October 2013, Witt has been dating singer Ben Folds since 2012, following his divorce from his fourth wife.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2014, 11:03:19 PM »
"It's not too bad if you like the smell of cheap beer and stale cum."

"The old thing works." "The old thing works good."

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
They are going to run out of characters to kill soon.  Haitian guy with straw hat.  Kind of like unnamed crew member in a Star Trek episode.  Not a very long life expectancy.  Very short corrections officer.  His contract is obviously for only three episodes.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2014, 10:24:27 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 06, 2014, 09:44:10 AM
They are going to run out of characters to kill soon.  Haitian guy with straw hat.  Kind of like unnamed crew member in a Star Trek episode.  Not a very long life expectancy.  Very short corrections officer.  His contract is obviously for only three episodes.

I liked that guy.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 06, 2014, 10:24:27 AM

I liked that guy.

And I enjoyed watching the assassin who was dressed in the black overcoat and challenged Art in the coffee shop.  He got only one episode.  I didn't look up his name, but I have seen him in comic movie roles  (Dodgeball; A Knight's Tale)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 06, 2014, 10:24:27 AM

I liked that guy.

Apparently he didn't like Justified. They definitely made the most out of it - I'm now interested in a Crowe other than Dewey. Danny is insane.

QuoteAnd the idea for Danny to shoot Jean-Baptiste?

Listen, we make our best efforts early on in the season as we hire actors to come on the show, and we can't always guarantee them what they're gonna be doing or where it's gonna go. Getting Edi Gathegi was a big get for us, but the character just wasn't panning out for him. He didn't see where it was going, and even though we were thinking that Jean-Baptiste would survive until toward the end of the season, Edi wasn't enjoying the journey. We had no contract to hold him to, so we said, "Well, let's kill off Jean-Baptiste in episode 5." We weren't sure how we were gonna do it, and then we watched the scene between Jean-Baptiste and Danny, and it became clear that there was such animosity there, that man it could work. So the scene got adjusted to play it this way.

Art re-living his day of triumph over a glass of booze was gold.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2014, 04:44:47 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 06, 2014, 01:12:16 PM
Art re-living his day of triumph over a glass of booze was gold.

I can't help but think the line about Art being "done with Holder" was a tribute to the fact that Nick Searcy is a right wing loon.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »
Holy SHIT! I did not know about those Entertainment Weekly recaps with the Executive God Damn Producer.

And here I sat and tried to analyze shit and they don't even want you to. They want you to know everything.

BUT!!! Remember that scene from episode one that I had a problem with, where Boyd beats down Paxton? Yeah...

QuoteBoyd learned that Ava's case has been assigned the honest judge. He went to Lee Paxton (Sam Anderson) to try to bribe him for help with the judge. Then Paxton made him beg and said that he'd get Ava off if Boyd says he killed Delroy and forced Ava to move the body. We've talked before about how hard it was for Walton to sit there in that scene during last season's swinger party episode while the Clover Hillers got the upper hand on Boyd. What feedback did you get this time?

Yost:
It was tough for Walton, but the difference is this time he gets to beat the sh-t out of the guy [Laughs] so he could get past it. And yet, it's a little bit like Dilly shooting the Coast Guard guy. A little bit like Darryl having Danny kill Dilly. Boyd beating the sh-t out of Paxton was not the smartest move: If Paxton dies, he's got a statement saying that Ava moved the body, so Ava's kinda screwed. But he couldn't help it.

So not only did I have a problem with that scene, Coggins had issues with a related one last year. That scene was a little bit off. The whole Paxton storyline seemed off as a result. I'm glad he's dead.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 06, 2014, 05:31:21 PM
Holy SHIT! I did not know about those Entertainment Weekly recaps with the Executive God Damn Producer.

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION.

Quote from: R-V on March 24, 2012, 11:27:28 AM
If you haven't seen it yet, they've been doing post-show interviews like this with Yost every week at EW and there's always a good nugget or two.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/21/justified-guy-walks-into-bar/?preview=true

Quote from: InternetApex on February 06, 2014, 05:31:21 PM
So not only did I have a problem with that scene, Coggins had issues with a related one last year.

I think you're misinterpreting that. It wasn't that Walton Goggins had a problem with the scene itself, just that filming it was tough for him emotionally...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/19/justified-money-trap-postmortem/

QuoteIn terms of [blackmailing Boyd]: Walton loved the scene — he loved Boyd being in the jam — but it was just so, so hard for him to just sit there and take that from those guys. It just drove Walton crazy. He just wanted to pull and kill them all. It was a difficult scene. The other actors were thinking, "Did we say something to upset him?" And it's like, "No. Walton's just identifying with Boyd."

In fact, you can probably look at the ill-considered beat-down you have a nagging beef with as a logical conclusion to this. This time Boyd couldn't restrain himself.