News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: FUCK YOU CRANE KENNEY  ( 18,941 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: FUCK YOU CRANE KENNEY
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »
The front office continues its heroic dedication to winning despite long odds forcing a we're-totally-sorry-guys increase in ticket prices.  The Colts won a Super Bowl recently, can't remember who they beat, but anyway they're threatening for another this year.  As Muskrat informs us, the Cubs now know the secret to winning the Super Bowl...of baseball.

Quote* Scouting director Tim Wilken and scout Paul Weaver both toured the Indianapolis Colts' facility on Wednesday to look at their scouting and player evaluation techniques.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »
Crane Kenney's a cockroach.  He will outlive us all, somehow, sadly.  How this boarding school twit can feel comfortable speaking about Bradley's situation is another reminder of how disgusted I am at this organization.    Why would ysomeone like Ricketts buy this thing and not bring in some of his own people?  I could see if Kenney was a unique  value to the organization, but he's clearly not.  Does he just have pictures of everybody, including the Beav?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 08:22:20 AM »
Quote from: MAD on December 10, 2009, 08:15:09 AM
Crane Kenney's a cockroach.  He will outlive us all, somehow, sadly.  How this boarding school twit can feel comfortable speaking about Bradley's situation is another reminder of how disgusted I am at this organization.    Why would ysomeone like Ricketts buy this thing and not bring in some of his own people?  I could see if Kenney was a unique  value to the organization, but he's clearly not.  Does he just have pictures of everybody, including the Beav?

I think this is exactly it. The Ricketts raised ticket prices and we have bumped a thread blasting Crane Fucking Kenney. It's pretty smart if you ask me.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 10, 2009, 08:22:20 AM

I think this is exactly it. The Ricketts raised ticket prices and we have bumped a thread blasting Crane Fucking Kenney. It's pretty smart if you ask me.

I agree.  It's a pretty good way to start the process of getting Kenney fired.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 10, 2009, 11:13:35 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 10, 2009, 08:22:20 AM

I agree.  It's a pretty good way to start the process of getting Kenney fired.

Ricketts was pretty clear that they were going to take a year to evaluate all the shitbirds in this organization. Firing the king of the shitbirds immediately seems like a no-brainer, but I'm going to be a naive moron about this and give Tom and the gang that year before I fire up the hatemobile.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 10, 2009, 11:22:46 AM
Ricketts was pretty clear that they were going to take a year to evaluate all the shitbirds in this organization. Firing the king of the shitbirds immediately seems like a no-brainer, but I'm going to be a naive moron about this and give Tom and the gang that year before I fire up the hatemobile.

They've got a lot of shitty contracts to eat.  Kenney and Hendry, included in that.

There's really no reason to fire Kenney right now.  Let him finish the legal on the Triangle building.  There's no one else up to speed on that.

But to allow that fuck to walk around in Indianapolis is very Trib-esque.  Kenney fancies himself as a modern Stanton Cook?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 03:39:56 PM »
I just received this e-mail notice:

"Dear Season Ticket Holders:

The Chicago Cubs and the State of Illinois are pleased to announce the design of the new Cubs license plate. A sample of the design and information about obtaining the plates is included in this email.

As a valued season ticket holder you have the option to purchase your license plate before the general public. These license plates are now available for purchase.

Each personalized license plate can have up to five letters or numbers. If you would like to learn more about how to request a Chicago Cubs license plate, please click on the link below.

Thank you,

The Chicago Cubs"

I chose this one...

I'm surprised it was available.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »
Quote from: flannj on January 26, 2011, 03:39:56 PM
I just received this e-mail notice:

"Dear Season Ticket Holders:

The Chicago Cubs and the State of Illinois are pleased to announce the design of the new Cubs license plate. A sample of the design and information about obtaining the plates is included in this email.

As a valued season ticket holder you have the option to purchase your license plate before the general public. These license plates are now available for purchase.

Each personalized license plate can have up to five letters or numbers. If you would like to learn more about how to request a Chicago Cubs license plate, please click on the link below.

Thank you,

The Chicago Cubs"

I chose this one...

I'm surprised it was available.

God damn. You're awesome.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
Quote from: flannj on December 05, 2008, 07:24:56 PM
Our investment in both the domestic amateur draft and international signings, as well as upgrades to our coaching, scouting and player development areas, have led to the rise of home-grown talent, such as... Ryan Theriot and Jeff Samardzjia.

2008 anger: still going strong in 2011.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 26, 2011, 03:58:25 PM
Quote from: flannj on December 05, 2008, 07:24:56 PM
Our investment in both the domestic amateur draft and international signings, as well as upgrades to our coaching, scouting and player development areas, have led to the rise of home-grown talent, such as... Ryan Theriot and Jeff Samardzjia.

2008 anger: still going strong in 2011.

[eye twitches uncontrollably]
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 09:14:28 PM »
For all of you that don't get the Crane Kenney hate.

Did you witness the 7th inning stretch tonight?

Chip Carey wearing those stupid over sized Harry glasses and singing like he never left?

I don't care if it's Wally Hayward or some other Ricketts toady that was responsible.

That was fucked.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 09:21:55 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 24, 2011, 09:14:28 PM

Chip Carey wearing those stupid over sized Harry glasses and singing like he never left?

I don't care if it's Wally Hayward or some other Ricketts toady that was responsible.

That was fucked.

Sickening. I can't believe that just happened. It's proof positive that the Cubs have no idea how their fan base feels about certain people. Of course, the fan base also hates the goddamn celebrity conductor bullshit and they just keep trotting that out 81 times a year.

I give up.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 24, 2011, 09:21:55 PM
Quote from: flannj on August 24, 2011, 09:14:28 PM

That was fucked.

Sickening. I can't believe that just happened. It's proof positive that the Cubs have no idea how their fan base feels about certain people. Of course, the fan base also hates the goddamn celebrity conductor bullshit and they just keep trotting that out 81 times a year.

I give up.

Es verdad.
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »
Flannj, MikeD, anyone: Care to share the e-mail that Sully says was sent to season ticket holders demanding 10% down by Nov. 12?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 03, 2012, 09:46:52 AM
Flannj, MikeD, anyone: Care to share the e-mail that Sully says was sent to season ticket holders demanding 10% down by Nov. 12?

QuoteSubject: Thank you for your support as a Chicago Cubs Season Ticket Holder this season

CUBS TICKET HOLDER NEWS - October 2, 2012

Dear Sucker,

Thank you for your tremendous support as a Chicago Cubs Season Ticket Holder this season.

As this season comes to a close and we prepare for Cubs Baseball in 2013, we'd like to provide some important upcoming dates.

After receiving tremendous positive feedback on our first ever in-person Season Ticket Holder Relocation Event at Wrigley Field, we will host the event again, during the final week of November. The relocation event will allow you to come to Wrigley Field at an assigned time based on your account tenure and personally view seats available for relocation.  While our inventory is extremely limited, and you may not find seats available for an upgrade, we want to again provide this benefit to our most loyal customers.

In order to successfully  execute this relocation process and identify seats available for relocation, all Season Ticket Holders must indicate their intention to renew for 2013 with a first payment of 10 percent by November 12. Seats that are not renewed with a 10 percent payment by November 12 will be made available for other renewing Season Ticket Holders at the relocation events. Following the relocation events, we will make remaining inventory available to members of our Season Ticket Holder Waiting List. You'll receive detailed information about the relocation event, including your assigned appointment time, with your invoice in mid-October.

The following are important dates to mark on your calendar (subject to change):

October 16 - Season Ticket invoices sent

November 12 - 10% Season Ticket payment due

November 27 - December 1 - Season Ticket Holder Relocation and Upgrade Events at Wrigley Field

January 15 - Season Ticket Holder full payment deadline

January 18-20 - 28th Annual Chicago Cubs Convention at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers

Second week of March - Season Tickets shipped

March 8 - Single Game Tickets for 2013 Season go on sale to the public (Season Ticket Holders will have a pre-sale opportunity)

April 8 - Opening Day at Wrigley Field

June 14-15 - Season Ticket Holder Family Days at Wrigley Field

Major League Baseball has released the 2013 schedule, and while times have yet to be announced, we are looking forward to more Interleague Play, which includes visits from the Texas Rangers and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and our always-exciting matchups with the Chicago White Sox and St. Louis Cardinals. You can view the 2013 schedule now at Cubs.com.

You will receive more detailed information about the 2013 season with your Season Ticket Renewal Invoice in mid-October. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact your Season Ticket Account Representative.

Thank you for your support and feedback this season. We look forward to seeing you again in 2013.

Sincerely,

Colin Faulkner
Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service
Chicago Cubs Baseball Club

Nice how they use the "relocation offer" to suggest that everyone needs to get their 2013 money in right away (so we can get better seats).