News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: FUCK YOU CRANE KENNEY  ( 18,942 )

Capt. Over

• Jimmy, you ever seen a grown man naked?
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
Re: FUCK YOU CRANE KENNEY
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
Quote from: flannj on January 26, 2011, 03:39:56 PM
I just received this e-mail notice:

"Dear Season Ticket Holders:

The Chicago Cubs and the State of Illinois are pleased to announce the design of the new Cubs license plate. A sample of the design and information about obtaining the plates is included in this email.

As a valued season ticket holder you have the option to purchase your license plate before the general public. These license plates are now available for purchase.

Each personalized license plate can have up to five letters or numbers. If you would like to learn more about how to request a Chicago Cubs license plate, please click on the link below.

Thank you,

The Chicago Cubs"

I chose this one...

I'm surprised it was available.

I had to re-post this on Facebook (due credit was given).  Thank you.
Trying to ignore sense of self-awareness and post more often.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 02:47:19 PM »
I must have been a complete monster in a previous life.
Because that is the only answer I have for this continued punishment.
I apologize to you all.

Really? For fucks sake, 21 years?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 03:27:30 PM »
I'm not saying I disagree. But can you remind me again why we hate Crane so much?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2014, 04:20:39 PM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 01, 2014, 02:47:19 PM
I must have been a complete monster in a previous life.
Because that is the only answer I have for this continued punishment.
I apologize to you all.

Really? For fucks sake, 21 years?

Just curious: Did you go through with getting the Cubs vanity plate AWFUL? I hope so.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »
I might be daft (ok I am) but does anyone have a handy guide to all the reasons I should hate Crane Kenney? I know the holy water shit was his idea but as dumb as it was no one actually thinks that's why they lost.

Someone help me out.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 02, 2014, 10:16:08 AM
I might be daft (ok I am) but does anyone have a handy guide to all the reasons I should hate Crane Kenney? I know the holy water shit was his idea but as dumb as it was no one actually thinks that's why they lost.

Someone help me out.

I'm lost. My long-standing ambivalence toward Crane feels right. But I'm always up for some quality asshurt if there's any to be had. Let's light this candle.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2014, 10:22:20 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 02, 2014, 10:17:50 AM

Someone help me out.

I'm lost. My long-standing ambivalence toward Crane feels right. But I'm always up for some quality asshurt if there's any to be had. Let's light this candle.

He negotiated this stupid contract with the rooftops.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2014, 10:27:05 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 02, 2014, 10:22:20 AM

Someone help me out.

Under marching orders from Sam Zell most likely. Again, not sure why I hate Crane for that.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »

Someone help me out.

From this, here are some. It was rumored he also gave Soriano an 8 year deal, overruling Hendry who wanted 5 years.

"But there have also been several missteps along the way, including the failed proposal in 2010 to add an 8 percent surcharge to tickets at every spring training ballpark in Arizona to help fund a new facility for the Cubs. White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf led a coalition of 14 Cactus League teams which successfully lobbied to the Arizona legislature to shelve the proposal.

During Kenney's brief term in charge of the front office at the end of 2011, when general manager Jim Hendry was fired and Ricketts decided not to hire an interim GM, he handed vice president of player personnel Oneri Fleita a four-year extension. The move shocked most observers, knowing any new GM the Cubs hired would likely bring in his own player personnel director."

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 02, 2014, 10:53:48 AM

Someone help me out.

From this, here are some. It was rumored he also gave Soriano an 8 year deal, overruling Hendry who wanted 5 years.

"But there have also been several missteps along the way, including the failed proposal in 2010 to add an 8 percent surcharge to tickets at every spring training ballpark in Arizona to help fund a new facility for the Cubs. White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf led a coalition of 14 Cactus League teams which successfully lobbied to the Arizona legislature to shelve the proposal.

During Kenney's brief term in charge of the front office at the end of 2011, when general manager Jim Hendry was fired and Ricketts decided not to hire an interim GM, he handed vice president of player personnel Oneri Fleita a four-year extension. The move shocked most observers, knowing any new GM the Cubs hired would likely bring in his own player personnel director."

Getting warmer.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2014, 11:37:37 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 02, 2014, 11:11:52 AM

Someone help me out.

Getting warmer.

But with Jepstink running the baseball side of the world, and the Ricketti holding the purse strings, isn't Kenney basically the Cubs' Jerry Gergich? His job, as I see it, is to stay out of the way until there's a bus they need to throw him under.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 02, 2014, 11:37:37 AM

Someone help me out.

Getting warmer.

But with Jepstink running the baseball side of the world, and the Ricketti holding the purse strings, isn't Kenney basically the Cubs' Jerry Gergich? His job, as I see it, is to stay out of the way until there's a bus they need to throw him under.

So lock him up for 5 years while they wait for said bus?

Dumb.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2014, 12:17:44 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 02, 2014, 10:27:05 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 02, 2014, 10:22:20 AM

Someone help me out.

Under marching orders from Sam Zell most likely. Again, not sure why I hate Crane for that.

Roofie Contract is a pre-Zell deal.  Zell came in in 2007 or 2008.  Roofie deal was 2004.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »

Someone help me out.

Getting warmer.

He's not John McDonough.  That do anything for you?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?