News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,916 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #525 on: October 18, 2009, 10:31:56 PM »
D-D-D-DOOOOOOOM!!!!!

But seriously, that sucked ass.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #526 on: October 18, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »
Is there any fucking chance that Shaffer and Beekman could even get a LOOK this year? Christ. Pace and Omiyale can't fucking block anything or stay set. I'm tired of fucking hearing that they're "gelling." Fuck that, its been an entire offseason and 6 weeks of the season. God damnit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #527 on: October 18, 2009, 10:36:40 PM »
Well at least they didn't lose because they fucked up a kickoff this time...

Capt. Over

• Jimmy, you ever seen a grown man naked?
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #528 on: October 18, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 18, 2009, 09:40:03 PM
Also, how many more games do we have to see Omiyale get abused before he is finnaly benched?

This.  I thought Josh Beekman played surprisingly well last year, not sure why he is in the doghouse.
Trying to ignore sense of self-awareness and post more often.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #529 on: October 18, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »
Quote from: Ghost of Dave Rosello on October 18, 2009, 10:36:40 PM
Well at least they didn't lose because they fucked up a kickoff this time...

That 61 yard kickoff return immediately following the game tying TD certainly looked like a fuckup to me.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #530 on: October 18, 2009, 10:45:52 PM »
Also, how much is Kevin Jones' injury hurting right now? Forte's doesn't hit the god damn hole even when he has one, and Garrett Wolfe is worthless between the tackles. God damnit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #531 on: October 18, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
On the plus side, the internet just reminded me that there's a new Venture Brothers tonight.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #532 on: October 18, 2009, 10:49:29 PM »
I think they're going to be really good next year.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #533 on: October 18, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 18, 2009, 10:49:29 PM
I think they're going to be really good next year.

The Venture Bros. I mean.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #534 on: October 18, 2009, 11:07:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 18, 2009, 10:34:32 PM
Is there any fucking chance that Shaffer and Beekman could even get a LOOK this year? Christ. Pace and Omiyale can't fucking block anything or stay set. I'm tired of fucking hearing that they're "gelling." Fuck that, its been an entire offseason and 6 weeks of the season. God damnit.

The offensive line sucked throughout the game, but that last series was just a complete collapse. Pathetic that Roberto F. Garza is probably their best lineman right now. Williams and Kreutz are lucky that Pace and Omiyale have been bad enough to overshadow their not-goodness.

And speaking of line play, how many times did Matt Ryan hit the ground tonight?

This year's Sunday Night Football CURSE is worse than the wrath of Dick Stockton.

HumbleJerry

• Wallet Inspector
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #535 on: October 18, 2009, 11:12:36 PM »
Our run blocking sucks.  Jake Utler isn't the problem, though he has a little too much gunslinger in him for my taste.  And oh yea, we miss Urlacher (duh).  Hell, even Helen makes that play against Gonzalez before halftime.  Did I mention the O-line sucks?  What's Qasim Mitchell doing these days?    Lovie can say it as much as he wants,  but we're not a running team anymore, and when November and December hit, that's gonna be a problem.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #536 on: October 18, 2009, 11:41:21 PM »
Don't worry - The Orange One has his finger on the pulse of what's really important here:

QuoteHmm.... 3 former Bears ripping Cutler for his post game comments or lack thereof. He needs to grow up as one of them just said.

@Matt_in_Digital Whatever Matt. Manning, Brady etc. don't conduct themselves that way.

There is a difference between being pissed and not showing class. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning they don't act the way Cutler did. That 's it.

Jay Cutler's postgame press conference performance is embarrasing. Be a man and talk about the game. Very disappointing.

http://twitter.com/thekapman

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #537 on: October 18, 2009, 11:56:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 18, 2009, 09:20:02 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on October 18, 2009, 08:49:17 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on October 18, 2009, 08:46:45 PM
Nick Roach is getting abused tonight.

This game is winnable, but Roach is incompetent, and Cutler's bouts of retardation need to stop coming in spurts.

That last TD rises to the level of a capital offense.

Thanks for telling me not to give up hope down a touchdown with an actual qb at the helm. You bring reason in troubled times. Also, would you prefer he be more consistently retarded? Or just accept that maybe the guy will have a so-so effort every now and then?

THIS.

This gamecast was consistently retarded. 

Edit:

Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 18, 2009, 11:41:21 PM
Don't worry - The Orange One has his finger on the pulse of what's really important here:

QuoteHmm.... 3 former Bears ripping Cutler for his post game comments or lack thereof. He needs to grow up as one of them just said.

@Matt_in_Digital Whatever Matt. Manning, Brady etc. don't conduct themselves that way.

There is a difference between being pissed and not showing class. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning they don't act the way Cutler did. That 's it.

Jay Cutler's postgame press conference performance is embarrasing. Be a man and talk about the game. Very disappointing.

God Damnit.   Is that fucking pumpkin head going to at least be extinguished by Halloween?  And all  hese"former" Bears can go eat out their own assholes.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #538 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:12 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 18, 2009, 11:56:33 PM

This game is winnable, but Roach is incompetent, and Cutler's bouts of retardation need to stop coming in spurts.

Thanks for telling me not to give up hope down a touchdown with an actual qb at the helm. You bring reason in troubled times. Also, would you prefer he be more consistently retarded? Or just accept that maybe the guy will have a so-so effort every now and then?

THIS.

Edit:

God Damnit.   Is that fucking pumpkin head going to at least be extinguished by Halloween?  And all  hese"former" Bears can go eat out their own assholes.

http://wrigleyville23.com/2009/10/19/dave-kaplan-has-a-thin-skin.html

QuoteOver on Twitter, we made note of Dave Kaplan's Tweet about Jay Cutler's lack of class:

thekapman There is a difference between being pissed and not showing class. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning they don't act the way Cutler did. That 's it.

To which we, rather innocuously, said:

wrigleyville23 kaplan, lecturing people on class. hm.

To which the esteemed journalist responded with (via direct message, no less):

thekapman Dude, until you know me and what I stand for don't comment on me. You know nothing about me.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #539 on: October 19, 2009, 12:26:20 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 19, 2009, 12:11:12 AM
Quote from: MAD on October 18, 2009, 11:56:33 PM

THIS.

Edit:

http://wrigleyville23.com/2009/10/19/dave-kaplan-has-a-thin-skin.html

QuoteOver on Twitter, we made note of Dave Kaplan's Tweet about Jay Cutler's lack of class:

thekapman There is a difference between being pissed and not showing class. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning they don't act the way Cutler did. That 's it.

To which we, rather innocuously, said:

wrigleyville23 kaplan, lecturing people on class. hm.

To which the esteemed journalist responded with (via direct message, no less):

thekapman Dude, until you know me and what I stand for don't comment on me. You know nothing about me.

What kind of self-delusional turdbucket gets hung up on such nebulous qualities like "class"?

And I don't think any self-respecting journalist who happened to cover the only Super Bowl-winning QB in this town would say that class is particularly important for that position.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)