News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pizza Pizza  ( 65,601 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pizza Pizza
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 17, 2013, 11:13:52 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 16, 2013, 10:16:56 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 15, 2013, 05:01:32 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 15, 2013, 04:50:54 PM
So where does everyone fall on Bagel Bites?

They're fine but since the sauce and cheese aren't protected by something like, let's say Totino's magic delicious blanket of crust, mouth injuries are more common.

Which brings us back to the technological wonders of foldable slices of pizza.

Which brings us back to self-righteous New Yorkers...

I folded my little PARTY CUT squares before I lived there.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 18, 2013, 08:46:54 AM

They're fine but since the sauce and cheese aren't protected by something like, let's say Totino's magic delicious blanket of crust, mouth injuries are more common.

You've spent time in New York? I'd like to hear more.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 18, 2013, 08:58:06 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 18, 2013, 08:46:54 AM

You've spent time in New York? I'd like to hear more.

That seems about as likely as CT being attacked by hornets.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2013, 09:09:19 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 16, 2013, 05:05:44 PM
I take the time to bake my pizza rolls the one time of year I eat them.  Fuck the microwave.  And RV.

If you have the time, pizza rolls in the oven are right up there with anything you'd get at an Achatz restaurant.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2013, 12:26:32 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 15, 2013, 10:58:43 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 15, 2013, 10:55:31 AM
Quote from: CT III on November 15, 2013, 10:50:31 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 15, 2013, 10:43:50 AM
Quote from: R-V on November 15, 2013, 10:37:14 AM
Quote from: Bort on November 15, 2013, 10:02:23 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 15, 2013, 09:59:57 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 15, 2013, 09:54:55 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 15, 2013, 09:33:33 AM
Quote from: R-V on November 15, 2013, 09:06:12 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 15, 2013, 08:13:30 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on November 14, 2013, 06:38:40 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 14, 2013, 05:32:03 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 14, 2013, 01:47:03 PM
http://foodspin.deadspin.com/jon-stewart-rips-chicago-pizza-a-new-saucehole-1464376414

What is happening on the interwebs?   The next civil war is about to start over Chicago deep dish or the tomato sauce poured on a soggy piece of the New York Times Sunday Magazine.
http://jezebel.com/pizza-wars-will-no-one-defend-the-deep-dish-1464583529

I have no idea who any of those people are, but I like pizza.

Pizza is great. Thick, thin, medium. Sauce, cheese, bread. It's a great combo. I celebrate it in most if not all forms.

Any form except Totino's. Rolls or za, that shit is awful.

Look if there's a better Friday night then sitting in my underpants drinking bourbon and eating totino's pizza rolls and swallowing sadness.....well...I really need to find it.

jesus Christ RV hates Totino's pizza rolls? Are you...is this...Paul? I...

What the fuck

I don't know how a man can hate pizza rolls.  They don't pretend to be anything more than they are. You're not ordering them at a fancy restaurant. You want something greasy and you feel adventurous. Will this bite destroy my taste buds in a river of cheesy, saucy magma? Will I break a tooth on that one that always has the frozen center no matter how hot the others are? Is it worth the risk? YOU DAMN WELL KNOW IT IS

There are two valid reasons to eat pizza rolls: you are 12 years old, or you are drunk blacked out and hungry and at someone's house who for unknown reasons chose to buy pizza rolls instead of frozen pizza while presumably sober. There is no shame in either.

Agreed with slight modifications. Why stock up on pizza rolls when frozen pizza is available?

You can only eat 1 or 2 frozen pizzas. You can eat close to 100 pizza rolls.

Isn't the appeal of the pizza roll that you can just toss 15 of them in microwave for 2 minutes and not mess with all that pre-heating and cooking?

Yes. The appeal of pizza rolls is that it's the quickest way to shove a greasy pocket of cheese and meat into my foodhole. This may be too lowbrow for RV, but the rest of us live in America where this is an ideal to strive toward.

White Castle sliders come in convenient lowbrow microwaveable form if you need an appetizer while waiting the interminable 20 minutes for your za to /preheat cook.

Yeah. And I fuck with those too. There's a small grocery across from the place I work and they sell pizza rolls, microwavable White Castles and Frankarellious. Am I a filthy, disgusting animal? You bet your sweet, tasty little ass I am.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »
I just made a decision: I'm not going to care if people put down Chicago-style deep dish pizza anymore. Instead I'm going to eat more of it. New York style pizza is delicious. But the idea that it's better than Chicago pizza doesn't make sense. It's too thick? What? If you think that, you don't really like pizza. It's like saying the baseball season is too long. Well, you don't really like baseball. Kristina Hendricks is too fat? You don't really like women. This is easy.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 18, 2013, 12:32:51 PM
I just made a decision: I'm not going to care if people put down Chicago-style deep dish pizza anymore. Instead I'm going to eat more of it. New York style pizza is delicious. But the idea that it's better than Chicago pizza doesn't make sense. It's too thick? What? If you think that, you don't really like pizza. It's like saying the baseball season is too long. Well, you don't really like baseball. Kristina Hendricks is too fat? You don't really like women. This is easy.

I like to picture you drinking a Jolt Cola when you wrote this.

The only thing better than something you like is excessive amounts of something you like. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2013, 03:17:13 PM »

This is the best damn thing you've ever written

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 18, 2013, 03:17:13 PM

Well, fuck.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2013, 03:53:57 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 18, 2013, 04:25:07 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 18, 2013, 03:17:13 PM

Well, fuck.

Don't get carried away.  "Well, fuck." is the second best damn thing you've ever written.  It's not a long list.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2013, 11:19:05 AM »

Yeah, the whole debate is dumb at its core. New York pizza is awesome. Chicago pizza is awesome. Pizza is awesome.*

* Except St. Louis style pizza because WTF.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2013, 11:28:46 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 19, 2013, 11:19:05 AM

Yeah, the whole debate is dumb at its core. New York pizza is awesome. Chicago pizza is awesome. Pizza is awesome.*

St. Louis-style everything sucks.  Fact.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 19, 2013, 11:28:46 AM

Up until this very moment, I did not know there was even such a thing as St. Louis style pizza.

And, now having read about it - no mozzarella? 

St. Louis, you really suck.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 19, 2013, 11:57:09 AM

Up until this very moment, I did not know there was even such a thing as St. Louis style pizza.

This is the city that inflicts the St. Paul Sandwich upon their own.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2013, 12:17:40 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 19, 2013, 12:03:06 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on November 19, 2013, 11:57:09 AM

This is the city that inflicts the St. Paul Sandwich upon their own.

Off to google.... St. Paul Sandwich.... um what? That doesn't look tasty at all.

St. Louis did give us Chuck Berry, but that's about it.