News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pizza Pizza  ( 65,595 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pizza Pizza
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2013, 12:23:41 PM »
Quote from: Tony on November 19, 2013, 12:17:40 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 19, 2013, 12:03:06 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on November 19, 2013, 11:57:09 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 19, 2013, 11:28:46 AM
Quote from: Eli on November 19, 2013, 11:19:05 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 18, 2013, 12:32:51 PM
I just made a decision: I'm not going to care if people put down Chicago-style deep dish pizza anymore. Instead I'm going to eat more of it. New York style pizza is delicious. But the idea that it's better than Chicago pizza doesn't make sense. It's too thick? What? If you think that, you don't really like pizza. It's like saying the baseball season is too long. Well, you don't really like baseball. Kristina Hendricks is too fat? You don't really like women. This is easy.

Yeah, the whole debate is dumb at its core. New York pizza is awesome. Chicago pizza is awesome. Pizza is awesome.*

* Except St. Louis style pizza because WTF.

St. Louis-style everything sucks.  Fact.

Up until this very moment, I did not know there was even such a thing as St. Louis style pizza.

And, now having read about it - no mozzarella? 

St. Louis, you really suck.

This is the city that inflicts the St. Paul Sandwich upon their own.

Off to google.... St. Paul Sandwich.... um what? That doesn't look tasty at all.

St. Louis did give us Chuck Berry, but that's about it.

And even Chuck Berry likes to watch people piss and has been phoning it in for like 45 years.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2013, 01:10:12 PM »
I just made a decision: I'm not going to care if people put down Chicago-style deep dish pizza anymore. Instead I'm going to eat more of it. New York style pizza is delicious. But the idea that it's better than Chicago pizza doesn't make sense. It's too thick? What? If you think that, you don't really like pizza. It's like saying the baseball season is too long. Well, you don't really like baseball. Kristina Hendricks is too fat? You don't really like women. This is easy.

Yeah, the whole debate is dumb at its core. New York pizza is awesome. Chicago pizza is awesome. Pizza is awesome.*

Up until this very moment, I did not know there was even such a thing as St. Louis style pizza.

Provel cheese is good.  That is all.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 19, 2013, 01:10:12 PM

It's awful.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2013, 01:50:34 PM »

If you like eating plastic, sure.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »

haha that's great

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 19, 2013, 01:55:01 PM

haha that's great

Yum.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 19, 2013, 02:12:11 PM

haha that's great

Yum.

WTF, TDubbs?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2013, 02:44:46 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 19, 2013, 02:12:11 PM

haha that's great

Yum.

Side effects include cranial swelling.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »
What the HELL?

QuoteSome restaurants use Provel for their pasta dishes with white sauce instead of the customary fresh Italian cheese and cream.   Although popular in the St. Louis area, Provel is rarely used elsewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provel_cheese

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2013, 03:12:12 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 19, 2013, 03:07:02 PM
What the HELL?

QuoteSome restaurants use Provel for their pasta dishes with white sauce instead of the customary fresh Italian cheese and cream.   Although popular in the St. Louis area, Provel is rarely used elsewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provel_cheese

Exterminate all the brutes. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
It's one thing to put it on your pizza in some ill-conceived plan to establish it as "St. Louis-style".  At least there's some disclosure there.  But if I order pasta with alfredo sauce and get noodles and processed cheese instead, well that just isn't right.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2013, 03:18:39 PM »
Was dragged to an Imo's here and it was awful, even after a night of drinking. I tried it again without the benefit of alcohol and it was just as terrible. Kansas City has a lot of good food, but pizza is a weak point and I blame the presence of Imo's and its unholy provel for dragging down everyone else. I guess they're trying to appeal to the St. Louis transplants who are, of course, monsters.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2013, 03:28:59 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 19, 2013, 03:18:39 PM
Was dragged to an Imo's here and it was awful, even after a night of drinking. I tried it again without the benefit of alcohol and it was just as terrible. Kansas City has a lot of good food, but pizza is a weak point and I blame the presence of Imo's and its unholy provel for dragging down everyone else. I guess they're trying to appeal to the St. Louis transplants who are, of course, monsters.

I couldn't get over the oily shine of the cheese. It looks just as bad as it tastes. It's really odd.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 19, 2013, 03:28:59 PM
Quote from: Eli on November 19, 2013, 03:18:39 PM

I couldn't get over the oily shine of the cheese. It looks just as bad as it tastes. It's really odd.

The wiki link said they invented because there was a demand for a "clean bite" meaning, I guess, something other than the stringy stands of goodness we know and love. I just want to punch them all in the face so fucking hard.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »
That picture looks like someone congealed sadness and squeezed it through a Play-Doh Fun Factory.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck