News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses  ( 65,613 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »
So, Madson came out with that mask to play off that whole media kerfuffle.... so, anyone figure out the deets

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2015, 08:21:43 AM »
I know this is putting too fine a point on this weekend's steamer, but yesterday in the 3rd when the game was still close and Nola was scuffling (having just given up a HR and a walk) and you've got one All-Star at the plate and one on deck, might not be the best time to send your catcher down to steal a base, even if he damn near pulled it off.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 24, 2015, 07:15:45 PM
So, Madson came out with that mask to play off that whole media kerfuffle.... so, anyone figure out the deets

George Offman and Bruce Levine started yelling at each other.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2015, 09:01:19 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 27, 2015, 08:23:46 AM
Quote from: Yeti on July 24, 2015, 07:15:45 PM

George Offman and Bruce Levine started yelling at each other.

Did Bruce put an extra pause before each exclamation?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »
If Coghlan doesn't get pulled for defensive replacement Herrera after 5 innings and a five run lead, no way do the Cubs turn the double play on Pagan in the 6th inning. Subtle, yet effective.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2015, 11:24:07 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 07, 2015, 10:58:55 PM
If Coghlan doesn't get pulled for defensive replacement Herrera after 5 innings and a five run lead, no way do the Cubs turn the double play on Pagan in the 6th inning. Subtle, yet effective.

Since my team dared to play a team from my home market the game was blacked out here so I listened to Giants radio just for something different.  They must have said something about Joe Maddon "managing like its October" once per inning, and it sounded like they weren't happy about it, like the only reason they would be losing is because the other guy is taking it too far — Pete Rose at the All-Star Game.  They were looking for silver linings in EVERYthing — "Well, you know, Schwarber hit that hard, but the Giants second baseman is a rookie there so you gotta think 9 times out of 10 they don't even score" — kind of like how we do when the Cardinals are getting every single break.  They kept talking about how hot the Cubs are and they talked about "the scary lineup" and "multiple aces in Lester and Arrieta" like they're genuinely afraid of this team.  Once it went to 7 runs they were talking like the game was over.  It was weird to listen to.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2015, 06:58:30 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 07, 2015, 11:24:07 PM
Quote from: PANK! on August 07, 2015, 10:58:55 PM

Since my team dared to play a team from my home market the game was blacked out here so I listened to Giants radio just for something different.  They must have said something about Joe Maddon "managing like its October" once per inning, and it sounded like they weren't happy about it, like the only reason they would be losing is because the other guy is taking it too far — Pete Rose at the All-Star Game.  They were looking for silver linings in EVERYthing — "Well, you know, Schwarber hit that hard, but the Giants second baseman is a rookie there so you gotta think 9 times out of 10 they don't even score" — kind of like how we do when the Cardinals are getting every single break.  They kept talking about how hot the Cubs are and they talked about "the scary lineup" and "multiple aces in Lester and Arrieta" like they're genuinely afraid of this team.  Once it went to 7 runs they were talking like the game was over.  It was weird to listen to.

Krukow?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2015, 09:07:21 AM »
Brian Kenny, subbing for Yellin' Russo, on High Heat couldn't praise Maddon enough for the move to take out Hammel in 5th inning a couple days ago.  He had a point.  Hammel had just walked two guys and he was about to begin going through the order for the third time.  Maddon knew the numbers and yanked him.  Hammel was pissed but so what?  It's weird that something that should be so normal in baseball is looked at as that visionary.  Now that Maddon is on our side, I hope it takes a while for the rest of the sport to catch up.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2015, 02:09:29 AM »

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2015, 08:12:07 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Literally made me Muttleylol in my office just now.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2015, 08:13:10 AM »
Looked at it a second time, and now I can't stop laughing, jesus help me.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »
I just realized I am probably going to look disturbingly like Maddon in that gif in less than a decade at this rate.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2015, 07:29:57 PM »
I think Joe might be a Desipio fan.

Quote"The consistent, hard contact was really nice to see," Maddon said of Castro's approach in Tuesday's 8-5 win. "The fact that he's taken so readily and easily to second base -- just the way he's handled this professionally speaks loudly to me and the whole group. This guy is an All-Star-caliber player. He just had a hard time this year and it happens, it happens to all of us. I think he's done everything properly. We'll see how it all plays out."

"We'll see how it all plays out." -- Joe Maddon, Desipio.com
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2015, 01:44:20 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 10, 2015, 01:35:48 PM
I just realized I am probably going to look disturbingly like Maddon in that gif in less than a decade at this rate.

Dude, you already have less hair than Joe.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2015, 07:12:40 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 28, 2015, 01:44:20 AM
Quote from: Bort on August 10, 2015, 01:35:48 PM

Dude, you already have less hair than Joe.

EVERY PICTURE TAKEN OF ME IN THE LAST YEAR IS HORRIBLY MISLEADING. HONEST!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck