News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses  ( 65,607 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2016, 11:12:58 PM »
Not a banner night for Joe
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2016, 07:51:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2016, 11:12:58 PM

Yeah, but it was fun watching him get weird in the 12th.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2016, 07:54:54 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 19, 2016, 07:51:12 AM

Yeah, I mean he's the best manager in baseball, he just gets weirdly bunt happy at the weirdest times and he's done the "pinch run for Rizzo late" thing and never paid for it before because they usually just walked it off that inning or lost, but it's always been dumb. Hopefully he'll reconsider that next time. Oh well.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2016, 09:44:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2016, 07:54:54 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 19, 2016, 07:51:12 AM

Yeah, I mean he's the best manager in baseball, he just gets weirdly bunt happy at the weirdest times and he's done the "pinch run for Rizzo late" thing and never paid for it before because they usually just walked it off that inning or lost, but it's always been dumb. Hopefully he'll reconsider that next time. Oh well.

That was a weird one. Maybe he just does it because he never intends to give Rizzo a day off ever.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2016, 11:02:34 AM »
Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I almost think that Maddon does crazy shit like that to shake up his team and keep them on their toes. Maybe he thought his players were getting a little too comfortable, and they have been struggling to score runs, so he took them out of their comfort zones and tried to make the unusual happen.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2016, 11:05:17 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 19, 2016, 11:02:34 AM
Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I almost think that Maddon does crazy shit like that to shake up his team and keep them on their toes. Maybe he thought his players were getting a little too comfortable, and they have been struggling to score runs, so he took them out of their comfort zones and tried to make the unusual happen.

Ahh yes, the old "your team is struggling to score runs, so inspire them by giving up an out in front of David Ross and John Lackey" approach. That's some good zany shit there.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2016, 11:21:08 AM »

Let's go with that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2016, 01:26:32 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2016, 11:05:17 AM

Ahh yes, the old "your team is struggling to score runs, so inspire them by giving up an out in front of David Ross and John Lackey" approach. That's some good zany shit there.
I almost gave up watching when he sent Cahill in as a pinch hitter.  But that was some line drive out that Cahill hit.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2016, 01:27:55 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 19, 2016, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2016, 11:05:17 AM

I almost gave up watching when he sent Cahill in as a pinch hitter.  But that was some line drive out that Cahill hit.

Well he didn't really have a choice after burning his entire bench, largely due to pinch running for Rizzo for no reason

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2016, 10:59:48 PM »
The Joe Maddon Game

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2016, 08:35:20 PM »
He pinch runs for Rizzo, uses Montgomery in a tie game in the 9th when Rondon and Strop were available and he knew he was adding an all world closer the next day (not to mention the Sox were fucked in extras since Jones and Robertson were both unavailable), then today he leaves Wood in to walk half of one of the worst offenses in baseball. He's drunk behind the wheel

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »
Bunting with your clean up hitter with no outs to set up a struggling rookie and Jason Heyward is about a thousand different kinds of dumb.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2016, 04:32:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 03, 2016, 03:58:27 PM
Bunting with your clean up hitter with no outs to set up a struggling rookie and Jason Heyward is about a thousand different kinds of dumb.

#bettertactician #betterman
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2016, 09:56:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 03, 2016, 03:58:27 PM

"struggling rookie" = 4 for 8 in the series up to that point.
TIME TO POST!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2016, 10:08:13 AM »
Colonel SKurtz:

QuoteThe horror... the horror... We train young men to bunt with with nobody out and runners on first and second, but their managers won't allow them to write "fuck" on their baseball bats because it's obscene!

EDIT: Hat tip to Oleg for the idea.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.