News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses  ( 65,469 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses
« Reply #420 on: October 06, 2017, 03:16:13 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2017, 02:59:28 PM
Zobrist RF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Schwarber LF
Russell SS
Heyward CF
Baez 2B

I think this is actually the right call here. Jay can sub in for any of the three outfielders if needed, Happ available to PH vs the Nats left-handed heavy pen. Good deal, Joe.

With a lead, Jay will go in late in center, Zobrist to left, Heyward to right. Would prefer Baez behind Schwarber.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: October 06, 2017, 03:20:11 PM »
Zobrist RF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Schwarber LF
Russell SS
Heyward CF
Baez 2B

I think this is actually the right call here. Jay can sub in for any of the three outfielders if needed, Happ available to PH vs the Nats left-handed heavy pen. Good deal, Joe.

That's beautiful.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: October 06, 2017, 11:30:46 PM »
Zobrist RF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Schwarber LF
Russell SS
Heyward CF
Baez 2B

They won while getting puke from Zobrist at the top.  "I look forward to Jay being back at the top of the lineup" is not something I thought I'd find myself saying  during the playoffs as recently as a month ago.  What a time to be alive.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: October 06, 2017, 11:35:43 PM »
According to Phil Rogers, Dusty Baker and Joe Maddon are "cut from the same cloth." Okay, Phil.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: October 07, 2017, 07:05:08 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 06, 2017, 11:35:43 PM
According to Phil Rogers, Dusty Baker and Joe Maddon are "cut from the same cloth." Okay, Phil.

They do both have birthdays among many other similarities.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: October 07, 2017, 07:21:10 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 07, 2017, 07:05:08 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 06, 2017, 11:35:43 PM

They do both have birthdays among many other similarities.

Both have managed the Cubs.

Both are from a bygone era and are known for running a loose clubhouse.

Both have lost change in couch cushions.

I could go on.
M'lady.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: October 07, 2017, 07:49:08 PM »
Joe's great. But not sure why he didn't go to Montgomery for Harper. He'd been warming for 6 innings.

Also Ron Darling sucks.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: October 07, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »
Quote from: D. Doluntap on October 07, 2017, 07:49:08 PM
Joe's great. But not sure why he didn't go to Montgomery for Harper. He'd been warming for 6 innings.

Also Ron Darling sucks.

Dusty thinks he outmanaged Joe. So do others. Very cute.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: October 09, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »
Batting Zo fifth against Scherzer and leaving out La Stella, who has hit Scherzer well in a small sample (and Scherzer has very pronounced splits anyway) is disappointing. His refusal to admit Zobrist isn't the same guy is getting to Dusty levels of veteran favoritism.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: October 09, 2017, 10:33:39 AM »
Shit with Scherzer's splits (.425 OPS vs RHB, .692 vs LHB) I'd have wanted Avila, La Stella, Happ all to find their way into the lineup rather than Zobrist.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 09, 2017, 10:26:41 AM
Batting Zo fifth against Scherzer and leaving out La Stella, who has hit Scherzer well in a small sample (and Scherzer has very pronounced splits anyway) is disappointing. His refusal to admit Zobrist isn't the same guy is getting to Dusty levels of veteran favoritism.

I see this is Zobrist's Last Stand.  If he continues to not hit Joe's got to stop putting him in the lineup.  If you're going to sit Baez and sacrifice defense to get some offense in there (which is defensible...Javy's in a little bit of a down-cycle right now and Scherzer is tough), why would you not put in La Stella?  Again, if Zobrist actually ropes a couple balls off the wall today, then I'll just sit over here and drink my can of STFU.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: October 09, 2017, 01:52:03 PM »

Also Ron Darling sucks.

This isn't getting enough attention. Good Lord I cannot stand the sound of that man's voice. Somehow he was convinced in Game 2 that Wade Davis spent 2016 setting up Chapman for the Cubs.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: October 09, 2017, 02:36:50 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 09, 2017, 01:52:03 PM

Also Ron Darling sucks.

This isn't getting enough attention. Good Lord I cannot stand the sound of that man's voice. Somehow he was convinced in Game 2 that Wade Davis spent 2016 setting up Chapman for the Cubs.

Probably because this is the Joe Maddon thread. MODS! YOUS!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: October 09, 2017, 02:37:18 PM »
How's that October Zen working out for ya, Hoss?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: October 09, 2017, 02:39:38 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 09, 2017, 02:37:18 PM
How's that October Zen working out for ya, Hoss?

I'm...not allowed to disagree with a lineup? I didn't drop any F bombs so I would consider that to be relatively tame as far as my criticism goes. I was also a touch disappointed that they lost in game 2 when I would have preferred they won. Sue me.