News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Will Joe Paterno AND Penn State Football Both Die in 2012?  ( 19,567 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Will Joe Paterno AND Penn State Football Both Die in 2012?
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 16, 2012, 11:21:34 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 16, 2012, 11:01:16 AM
Because if there's one thing this circus needed, it's a fourth ring.

Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 16, 2012, 08:54:09 AM
Fork is an intarweb wizard.

http://deadspin.com/5926296/the-paterno-family-will-conduct-their-own-non+biased-investigation

Why don't they save their money?  The only people who will believe the results of an investigation paid for by the family are the Paterno defenders who already believe that Paterno was ignorant of the whole thing.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
I know nothing about this website, but it suggests the Dept of Education could make itself useful and do what the NCAA might not. How about it, Arne?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 16, 2012, 09:34:53 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 16, 2012, 08:56:31 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 16, 2012, 08:54:09 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 16, 2012, 07:22:14 AM

Finally, some =url=http://tominpaine.blogspot.com/2012/07/red-flags-and-personal-fouls-dishonest.html]Common Sense[/url] enters the conversation.

Fork is an intarweb wizard.

http://tominpaine.blogspot.com/2012/07/red-flags-and-personal-fouls-dishonest.html

DPD. The comments will also make your brain melt and drain through your earholes.

The comments are beyond, ... beyond ...  I can't even come up with a comparison.

The Shiite wing of the Penn State fan base has been something to behold the last few months. Hoo boy.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2012, 12:11:29 AM »
Hours of good, and by "good" I mean appalling" reading at Penn State's Rival board--here's one example of how someone proposes a punishment that would be grossly ineffective and not nearly enough and gets rebuffed by those who have OD'd on the blue and white kool-aid at least since they were old enough to be touched by Saundusky:

http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&tid=156331354&mid=156331354&sid=890&style=2
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2012, 08:42:58 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 17, 2012, 12:11:29 AM
Hours of good, and by "good" I mean appalling" reading at Penn State's Rival board--here's one example of how someone proposes a punishment that would be grossly ineffective and not nearly enough and gets rebuffed by those who have OD'd on the blue and white kool-aid at least since they were old enough to be touched by Saundusky:

http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&tid=156331354&mid=156331354&sid=890&style=2

My favorite claims are "This is not a football issue" and "Sandusky was not a coach."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
Someone apparently hired a plane to tow a banner over State College today...

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 17, 2012, 08:42:58 AM

My favorite claims are "This is not a football issue" and "Sandusky was not a coach."

I'd argue that, technically, it isn't really a football issue. It's much, much bigger than that. It reached all the way to the university president and might include members of the Board of Trustees.

And the cover-up didn't start to protect the football team. It started to protect Joe Paterno's image. Reading the PSU messageboards it's clear that most of those folks are more concerned with clearing St. Joe than protecting the school or the football program. All that's missing is the Kool-Aid.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on July 17, 2012, 04:12:01 PM

I'd argue that, technically, it isn't really a football issue. It's much, much bigger than that. It reached all the way to the university president and might include members of the Board of Trustees.

And the cover-up didn't start to protect the football team. It started to protect Joe Paterno's image. Reading the PSU messageboards it's clear that most of those folks are more concerned with clearing St. Joe than protecting the school or the football program. All that's missing is the Kool-Aid.

There's your first mistake.

Nuking the entire state would obviate the need to deal with any of PSU's bullshit at this point.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 17, 2012, 02:04:05 PM
Someone apparently hired a plane to tow a banner over State College today...

Surrender, Dorothy.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 17, 2012, 04:26:59 PM

Nuking the entire state would obviate the need to deal with any of PSU's bullshit at this point.

The University of Pittsburgh resents the inference.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 07:26:13 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 17, 2012, 05:28:57 PM

The University of Pittsburgh resents the inference.

We'll send ravens to the Land of Three Rivers to warn the townsfolk. They had best move swiftly.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »

I can't help it. It's like slowing down to look at a really bad traffic accident. I can't look away.

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2012, 12:28:03 AM »

My new favorite: PSU should hire Hootie Johnson as its president, because Hootie would fix everything while giving the rest of the world the middle-finger.  Left unsaid, is that PSU would become an all-male school, even more lily-white, and admit fewer rich white guys than the Citadel.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »

Said the guy who reads comments on major news sites.