News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Phil Rogers Curse?  ( 30,022 )

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Phil Rogers Curse?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »
Oleg and I sat with a good friend of ours who is a Sox fan.  He had said with a straight face that Crede was the better third baseman.   He at least conceded that Ramirez was the better all-around hitter, but that Crede got the edge because of his defense, which is laughable of course.

Anyway, or buddy was downstairs when Crede made a nice backhanded grab by the foul line and make the throw to first.  He was in his seat, though, when Ramirez made a similar play and then topped it off by making another nice play while ranging to his left.  The kicker of course when Crede later booted the hell out of smash hit right at him.  Good times.

Fuck that mulletface.   Ramirez is getting hot for the first time all year and I still say he's taking home the MVP this year.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on June 23, 2008, 04:14:35 PM
Oleg and I sat with a good friend of ours who is a Sox fan.  He had said with a straight face that Crede was the better third baseman.   He at least conceded that Ramirez was the better all-around hitter, but that Crede got the edge because of his defense, which is laughable of course.

Anyway, or buddy was downstairs when Crede made a nice backhanded grab by the foul line and make the throw to first.  He was in his seat, though, when Ramirez made a similar play and then topped it off by making another nice play while ranging to his left.  The kicker of course when Crede later booted the hell out of smash hit right at him.  Good times.

Fuck that mulletface.   Ramirez is getting hot for the first time all year and I still say he's taking home the MVP this year.

Evan Longoria is better than Crede, and Longoria's...like, 12.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2008, 05:00:50 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 23, 2008, 04:17:08 PM
Quote from: Mike D on June 23, 2008, 04:14:35 PM

Evan Longoria is better than Crede, and Longoria's...like, 12.

And he's got a hot sister.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »
Still an imbecile without peer.

Quote from: DumbfuckPat Neshek (out for season, elbow) might be missed more than departed Johan Santana or Torii Hunter.

Pat Neshek has pitched in 15 games for the Twins this year. Pat Neshek has put up a 4.72 ERA in those 15 games. Phildo has got to be kidding with this shit, right?

Quote from: CretinAn 11-21 stretch could force GM Frank Wren to deal Mark Teixeira. Some guys are like that. They put up numbers but don't have the impact in the standings that you'd expect.

The Braves' 5-22 record in one run games is surely due to the fact that Teixeira just isn't a winning player.

Quote from: Halfwit of the Highest OrderEverybody has a half-baked idea to improve the game. Here's ours: Bring three groups of four players to the event and let them compete as teams to win Ferraris or Lambroghinis. One team would include the four major-leaguers with the most home runs on July 1. The next would be the four minor-leaguers with the most homers on July 1. The third: recently retired power hitters. Say, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire and Rafael Palmeiro?

So now he's adding the royal we to his dumbassery? I think Phil may have taken a Ted Lilly foul ball off the dome while writing this.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »
Phil would have made a little bit of sense if he'd mentioned that Scott Baker and Nick Blackburn have mitigated the loss of Santana somewhat and that the Twins have an assload of young outfielders who don't suck as badly as Jock Jones. But their pen is in dire straits.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2008, 10:04:53 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on July 14, 2008, 09:57:55 AM
Phil would have made a little bit of sense if he'd mentioned that Scott Baker and Nick Blackburn have mitigated the loss of Santana somewhat and that the Twins have an assload of young outfielders who don't suck as badly as Jock Jones. But their pen is in dire straits.

Knopfler'd

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2008, 12:12:09 PM »
Quote from: TJ on July 14, 2008, 10:04:53 AM

Knopfler'd

The little faggot with the earring and the makeup...

MidgetSellingWater

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on July 14, 2008, 12:12:09 PM
Quote from: TJ on July 14, 2008, 10:04:53 AM

Knopfler'd

The littlebloated faggot with the earring and the makeupmink coat...

Hey Buddy, that's his own hair'd

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »
Phildo is full of grit and determination. Each day the dumbshit sits down at his computer and attempts to write some dumb baseball shit even dumber than the previous day's dumb baseball shit. I admire his dedication if nothing else.

Behold, the headline of DOOM!

QuoteWhite Sox are Cubs' worst nightmare:
Nightmare scenario for North Siders is finally getting to World Series and seeing team with nothing to lose

WARNING: reading this column may make your extremeties go numb and eventually cause your brain to melt.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubssox/cs-080827-phil-rogers-chicago-cubs-white-sox,1,4604470,print.column

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2008, 09:05:34 AM »
Quote from: RV on August 28, 2008, 09:00:30 AM
Phildo is full of grit and determination. Each day the dumbshit sits down at his computer and attempts to write some dumb baseball shit even dumber than the previous day's dumb baseball shit. I admire his dedication if nothing else.

Nightmare scenario for North Siders is finally getting to World Series and seeing team with nothing to lose

WARNING: reading this column may make your extremeties go numb and eventually cause your brain to melt.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubssox/cs-080827-phil-rogers-chicago-cubs-white-sox,1,4604470,print.column

Yeah, I exposed my eyes to that mess, too.

Actually I think the Cubs' worst nightmare is not making the World Series.  Not making the World Series is just about the worst thing that could happen, and they'd probably be happy to play anybody anywhere once they get there.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2008, 09:11:38 AM »

Can we ride him out on the same rail Mariotti is going to be on?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on August 28, 2008, 09:05:34 AM
Quote from: RV on August 28, 2008, 09:00:30 AM

Yeah, I exposed my eyes to that mess, too.

Actually I think the Cubs' worst nightmare is not making the World Series.  Not making the World Series is just about the worst thing that could happen, and they'd probably be happy to play anybody anywhere once they get there.

I get this kurtevans post at all.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2008, 10:12:49 AM »
Rode the train in today and sat down to try to read it, and I honestly had to stop after 4 paragraphs.

The thing is, in the hands of a good writer, that could have been an interesting article.  The subject is surely interesting.  Speaking for myself, I know that I'd be relieved for the Cubs to finally win the pennant, but would be really, really bummed if they lost the WS to the White Sox.

Instead, Rogers' resorts to hys typical hackneyed metaphors and mangled congruence.  I mean his first sentence says "Beware of the sneak attack."  and then talks about first round busts (he mentions Corey Patterson and...Kip Wells?  Really?), then goes in another direction in the same paragraph in comparing the Quentin  trade vis-a-vis the the Santana signing...for the FIRST-PLACE Mets.

Then there are sentences like this (in the fourth and, for me, final paragraph)

QuoteHeadlines, sadly, are like Alex Rdoriguez.  They can't hit in the clutch.

Headlines "don't hit in the clutch"?!?!?  Seriously--that makes abslutely no sense.

I may have to fire up the HJE-machine tonigh to mock this article line-byline (unless Dolan or someone else does it first), if only I can make my way through simply reading it.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 10:42:54 AM »
New option for you all out there.  The Jay-free Sun-Times (yes that's how they're advertising it).  Slezak ran a DOOOM column regarding Z that was on the whole fair, and Wittmeyer notes that the next 30 games are much harder (while giving the Cubs credit for beating the teams on their schedule).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on August 28, 2008, 10:12:49 AM
Rode the train in today and sat down to try to read it, and I honestly had to stop after 4 paragraphs.

The thing is, in the hands of a good writer, that could have been an interesting article.  The subject is surely interesting.  Speaking for myself, I know that I'd be relieved for the Cubs to finally win the pennant, but would be really, really bummed if they lost the WS to the White Sox.

Instead, Rogers' resorts to hys typical hackneyed metaphors and mangled congruence.  I mean his first sentence says "Beware of the sneak attack."  and then talks about first round busts (he mentions Corey Patterson and...Kip Wells?  Really?), then goes in another direction in the same paragraph in comparing the Quentin  trade vis-a-vis the the Santana signing...for the FIRST-PLACE Mets.

Then there are sentences like this (in the fourth and, for me, final paragraph)

QuoteHeadlines, sadly, are like Alex Rdoriguez.  They can't hit in the clutch.

Headlines "don't hit in the clutch"?!?!?  Seriously--that makes abslutely no sense.

I may have to fire up the HJE-machine tonigh to mock this article line-byline (unless Dolan or someone else does it first), if only I can make my way through simply reading it.

All that's missing from that column is a reference to Bo Ryan, a 1983 Cadillac, and U.S. Highway 41.