News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Miguel Montero "This Fucking Game" Thread  ( 2,607 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Miguel Montero "This Fucking Game" Thread
« on: November 03, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
Created for the 3rd catcher who twice came through in the pinch.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Miguel Montero "This Fucking Game" Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 01:43:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 03, 2016, 01:02:26 PM

I really loved his quotes following both of his big moments this year. I'm glad he'll be the Ross on next year's team.
M'lady.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 01:54:25 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 03, 2016, 01:02:26 PM

Not even counting Schwarber.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 03:35:36 PM »
I love the man, but watching him this year is going to be fucking brutal. He looks cooked in every facet of the game.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 14, 2017, 03:35:36 PM
I love the man, but watching him this year is going to be fucking brutal. He looks cooked in every facet of the game.

Happ for Geovany Soto WHO HANGS UP FIRST
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 14, 2017, 03:35:36 PM

Will it be Caratini or that dude who looks like Gregg Allman coming up?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 07:56:29 PM »
I can't even remember the last time I've heard of 7 steals in a game, and this is the 4th fucking inning w/o Lester on the mound. His FAMOUS pitch-framing isn't that good anymore and he's thrown out 1 out of about 32 or 33 runners...W.T.F. is he even playing for? He's  done. Firebarn his fat, old, useless ass.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 08:14:02 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on June 27, 2017, 07:56:29 PM
I can't even remember the last time I've heard of 7 steals in a game, and this is the 4th fucking inning w/o Lester on the mound. His FAMOUS pitch-framing isn't that good anymore and he's thrown out 1 out of about 32 or 33 runners...W.T.F. is he even playing for? He's  done. Firebarn his fat, old, useless ass.

I've heard they have a catcher/outfielder hybrid at Triple A who's getting ready to replace him. Kyle Swanson or Samsonite or something.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 08:18:33 AM »

Quickest move he had all night was throwing Arrieta under the bus.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »
DPD.

What transpired in the last 12 hours is yet another reason to admire the Cubs' management. Montero popped off (yet again), and the Cubs' on-field leader responded. Rather than risk things spiralling further out of control while hoping everything sorts itself out, they moved swiftly and decisively.

I actually wonder if this might be a catalyst for a surge over the next few weeks.
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 01:03:35 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 28, 2017, 12:49:58 PM
DPD.

What transpired in the last 12 hours is yet another reason to admire the Cubs' management. Montero popped off (yet again), and the Cubs' on-field leader responded. Rather than risk things spiralling further out of control while hoping everything sorts itself out, they moved swiftly and decisively.

I actually wonder if this might be a catalyst for a surge over the next few weeks.

Rizzo's the Zambrano to Montero's Barrett.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 28, 2017, 08:18:33 AM

Quickest move he had all night was throwing Arrieta under the bus.
Some people get nasty when they get old.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 08:20:24 PM »
DPD.

or they can visit trump in the white house and get their ass kicked a few hours later

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 09:44:36 PM »
DPD.

Is it too much to hope Lackey is next?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on June 28, 2017, 09:44:36 PM
DPD.

Is it too much to hope Lackey is next?

What an interesting idea.