News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE  ( 99,784 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
« Reply #810 on: August 04, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »
What happened to those alternate road greys? The ones that said CUBS on the front in large block letters. Have they even worn them once this year? Those things sure went away quietly.

Off-day fever: catch it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #811 on: August 04, 2016, 09:57:40 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 04, 2016, 05:01:26 PM
What happened to those alternate road greys? The ones that said CUBS on the front in large block letters. Have they even worn them once this year? Those things sure went away quietly.

They officially took them out of the rotation before the start of the season, I'm pretty sure.

I own one; it's my Bryant jersey.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #812 on: August 05, 2016, 08:23:48 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 04, 2016, 09:57:40 PM

They officially took them out of the rotation before the start of the season, I'm pretty sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they switch up road jerseys again fairly soon. They sell a fuckload of whatever they come up with.

I really liked the red-numbered 4th of July jerseys. I'd positive red numbers on the home whites.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #813 on: August 05, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 05, 2016, 08:23:48 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 04, 2016, 09:57:40 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they switch up road jerseys again fairly soon. They sell a fuckload of whatever they come up with.

I really liked the red-numbered 4th of July jerseys. I'd positive red numbers on the home whites.

Yeah, those were very cool looking.

I think my favourite jersey was the 1937 throwback. I could imagine a future without stripes.

Also, I still wish they'd drop names from the backs of home jerseys.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #814 on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:01 AM »
So what're the next roster moves?  Seems that Coghlan is the one truly expendable player (*knocks on wood*), but who takes his spot--La Stella or Soler, and how does the team fit the other guy on to the roster?  Another month-long "DL trip" for Montero?  Contreras may have cooled off, but he still manages to contribute at various points on the field and in the batters box and anyway, on balance, the team is simply worse with him in Iowa and Montero on the roster.  Miggy ain't gonna get DFA'd, though, so something'll have to be done until September arrives.

Considering they're in Oakland, they could probably add a bat at the expense of a 13th arm (a particularly sensible roll of the dice with their Top 3 starters going), but that only lasts them until Monday. 

Thoughts?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #815 on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:55 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 05, 2016, 09:02:01 AM
So what're the next roster moves?  Seems that Coghlan is the one truly expendable player (*knocks on wood*), but who takes his spot--La Stella or Soler, and how does the team fit the other guy on to the roster?  Another month-long "DL trip" for Montero?  Contreras may have cooled off, but he still manages to contribute at various points on the field and in the batters box and anyway, on balance, the team is simply worse with him in Iowa and Montero on the roster.  Miggy ain't gonna get DFA'd, though, so something'll have to be done until September arrives.

Considering they're in Oakland, they could probably add a bat at the expense of a 13th arm (a particularly sensible roll of the dice with their Top 3 starters going), but that only lasts them until Monday. 

Thoughts?

LaStella has AWOL'd himself out of a job, I'd think.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #816 on: August 05, 2016, 09:04:04 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 05, 2016, 09:02:55 AM

Thoughts?

The Cubs have said they gave him extra time before reporting because he is dealing with a  "personal issue". I don't know what that is but it seems probably kind of dickish to just assume he's pouting and went off the reservation, let alone assume that means he's lost his job.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #817 on: August 05, 2016, 09:07:44 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 05, 2016, 09:04:04 AM

Thoughts?

The Cubs have said they gave him extra time before reporting because he is dealing with a  "personal issue". I don't know what that is but it seems probably kind of dickish to just assume he's pouting and went off the reservation, let alone assume that means he's lost his job.

Maddon said he didn't take it well, but that's what you'd expect in that situation regardless of the player.  He's got too much incremental value for the Cubs to let him rot.  Remember this guy was actually in the starting lineup for the coinflip game last year in Pissburgh.  I guess he can't come back this weekend because of the 10-day rule (unless Montero actually up and dies or something) so it's actually moot for this weekend, but I don't think we've seen the last of our Hall of Fame Jimmy Butthole.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #818 on: August 05, 2016, 09:12:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 05, 2016, 09:07:44 AM

Thoughts?

Maddon said he didn't take it well, but that's what you'd expect in that situation regardless of the player.  He's got too much incremental value for the Cubs to let him rot.  Remember this guy was actually in the starting lineup for the coinflip game last year in Pissburgh.  I guess he can't come back this weekend because of the 10-day rule (unless Montero actually up and dies or something) so it's actually moot for this weekend, but I don't think we've seen the last of our Hall of Fame Jimmy Butthole.

Oh agreed. I just wanted to point out that Chuck is being both wrong and an asshole because Chuck
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #819 on: August 05, 2016, 09:16:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 05, 2016, 09:12:57 AM
Quote from: PANK! on August 05, 2016, 09:07:44 AM

Thoughts?

Oh agreed. I just wanted to point out that Chuck is being both wrong and an asshole because Chuck

You left out "dumb".

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #820 on: August 05, 2016, 09:22:49 AM »

Thoughts?

Did anyone notice they put Hammel on the bereavement list? That only means being away from the team for three games so perhaps Epstink will use that to stream some pitchers, which would be kind of awesome.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #821 on: August 05, 2016, 09:30:02 AM »

Thoughts?

When does Soler's rehab expire? That's the drop-dead date for making roster changes.

But I'd think Putting Miggy on the 15-day in, oh...11 days, buys them a free spot, because he can come back on 9/1 when rosters expand, but Coghlan's shit. Launch his ass, and at least LaStella can pinch hit and handle some infield fill-in time without spiking himself.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #822 on: August 05, 2016, 09:51:52 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 05, 2016, 09:22:49 AM

Thoughts?

Did anyone notice they put Hammel on the bereavement list? That only means being away from the team for three games so perhaps Epstink will use that to stream some pitchers, which would be kind of awesome.

Bereavement? Sack up and play before Chuck hands you your walking papers, Jason.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #823 on: August 05, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 05, 2016, 09:51:52 AM
Quote from: Oleg on August 05, 2016, 09:22:49 AM

Thoughts?

Bereavement? Sack up and play before Chuck hands you your walking papers, Jason.

They asked Tommy to serve him those papers, but Tommy is out hiking the Appalachian trail.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #824 on: August 08, 2016, 07:39:28 AM »
Okay if, heaven forbid, Chuck (and other sources) are right about La Stella just flat out refusing to report to Iowa over this demotion I can't say I blame him. Kid has a 128 OPS+ and a .388 OBP and was just demoted to Iowa, where he will make less money, live out of a Des Moines hotel, and take the bus everywhere, and potentially be denied a year of a service time, all so the team can roster Coghlan, who is like La Stella but older and worse at everything. I'd be just as pissed. He got fucked, hard, and it really craps all over the culture of "respect 90, the best players play, keep grinding" etc that had been established. I've just seen a number of people saying he needs to "be a professional" and "be a good teammate" and frankly I think he was doing both of those things and got shit on for it.