News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kyle Hendricks Low Velocity Assassin Splooge Thread  ( 51,615 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kyle Hendricks Low Velocity Assassin Splooge Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2015, 03:30:43 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 20, 2015, 03:24:14 PM
But Price has done everything but pitch games wearing a Cubs hat, so they can grab him in the offseason without mortgaging any pieces of the future.

$200+ million is just as much a piece of the future as any precious prospect is.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2015, 03:35:53 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 20, 2015, 03:30:43 PM
But Price has done everything but pitch games wearing a Cubs hat, so they can grab him in the offseason without mortgaging any pieces of the future.

$200+ million is just as much a piece of the future as any precious prospect is.

Quiet, Fork and Chuck are busy demolishing the strawmen on this messageboard who have argued that the Cubs should trade Schwarber or Baez for a 3 month rental.

Intrepid Reader One of You Dickheads:
Something something strawman pot calling strawman kettle black
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 20, 2015, 03:30:31 PM
If you can get an unextended Price for not Schwarber, Baez, Jimenez, fine.

If the Tigers would give Price up for Jimenez, that's a no-brainer. He's a lottery ticket who's still FIVE promotions away from making the big leagues. If you can get one of the 4-5 best pitchers in baseball with an 18-year-old headlining the deal, you take it and run.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2015, 03:39:36 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 20, 2015, 03:35:53 PM

Quiet, Fork and Chuck are busy demolishing the strawmen on this messageboard who have argued that the Cubs should trade Schwarber or Baez for a 3 month rental.

One of us dickheads isn't wrong.  Now if you'll excuse me, there are still some people who like Peter Gammons.

Quote from: Eli on July 20, 2015, 03:36:58 PM
If the Tigers would give Price up for Jimenez, that's a no-brainer. He's a lottery ticket who's still FIVE promotions away from making the big leagues. If you can get one of the 4-5 best pitchers in baseball with an 18-year-old headlining the deal, you take it and run.

I hate you for putting the possibility of this glorious, glorious trade into my mind.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 20, 2015, 03:39:36 PM

One of us dickheads isn't wrong.  Now if you'll excuse me, there are still some people who like Peter Gammons.

Quote from: Eli on July 20, 2015, 03:36:58 PM

I hate you for putting the possibility of this glorious, glorious trade into my mind.

If Theo and Jed can get Price for a package with Jiminez as the main piece, I'll personally be their finger cuffs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »

Well, people HERE aren't saying this, but media-types are. I'm not calling out this board, just regular idiots in general.

And while I hear what you are saying about Jimenez for Price, I still wouldn't do that without an extension.  Not with only a 2-game lead on the road wild card and the team sure looking like it needs offense more than pitching.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »

Not in a league without a salary cap.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 20, 2015, 03:49:51 PM

Well, people HERE aren't saying this, but media-types are. I'm not calling out this board, just regular idiots in general.

And while I hear what you are saying about Jimenez for Price, I still wouldn't do that without an extension.  Not with only a 2-game lead on the road wild card and the team sure looking like it needs offense more than pitching.

If they were able to move Jimenez for Price (again, finger cuffs), the Cubs would win 2 World Series before Eloy ever made the Majors. All on winning 1-0 games.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 20, 2015, 04:11:00 PM

If they were able to move Jimenez for Price (again, finger cuffs), the Cubs would win 2 World Series before Eloy ever made the Majors. All on winning 1-0 games.

"Trader" Jason Motte saving all four games of the NLCS by striking out Yadier Molina swinging on a passed ball and Kyle Schwarber tagging out the tying runner trying to score from third whose path to the plate was blocked by Molina screaming at the umpire, resulting in the out.  All four games.  It's gonna hai
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2015, 04:27:28 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 20, 2015, 04:11:00 PM

Pretty hard to win *2* if he leaves as a free agent.

However, were they to trade Eloy for Price and get Price to sign an extension...

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2015, 04:27:51 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 20, 2015, 03:51:39 PM

Not in a league without a salary cap.

Except how you think the Ricketts should spend their money is different from how they're actually going to spend their money.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »
Pssst.... hey Kyle ....

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2015, 04:45:10 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 14, 2015, 04:05:05 PM
Pssst.... hey Kyle ....

Hey Kyle, get your fucking ass in there now you bitch. Prob going to cost us this series with having to face Sale on Sunday. I was fine with the idea of taking 2 from the damn Sox, but losing both series to those overpaid and underachieving cunts won't cut it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2015, 04:48:19 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on August 14, 2015, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 14, 2015, 04:05:05 PM
Pssst.... hey Kyle ....

Hey Kyle, get your fucking ass in there now you bitch. Prob going to cost us this series with having to face Sale on Sunday. I was fine with the idea of taking 2 from the damn Sox, but losing both series to those overpaid and underachieving cunts won't cut it.

Pretty sure I'd be fine with getting swept by the Sox if the Cubs subsequently win the World Series.