News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,243 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Awesome lazy throw to fail to end an inning and hand the Marlins another run.

I can't wait for this guy to wear another team's jersey.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
You people fucking suck. How did this go unbumped all weekend?

Bump for a massive 2 run game tying homer off Johnny Fucking Cueto on Friday.

Bump for a ninth inning walk off single on Saturday.

Bump for the awesome relay throw that nailed Brandon Philips at home to keep the Reds to one run in the inning on Sunday.

And Bump again for his second walkoff hit in the 11th on Sunday night, the first time a Cubs player had walkoff hits in back to back games since Santo in '66.

On a totally cheesy, stupid note he hit that walkoff as I sat in the darkness beside my dad's bed in his hospital room, thanking God that he was still there to celebrate it with me after his grabber earlier that afternoon, and it was a pretty special moment. I'm gonna remember that one for a while. Thanks, Starlin.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on June 16, 2015, 10:22:47 AM

Bump for the awesome relay throw that nailed Brandon Philips at home to keep the Reds to one run in the inning on Sunday.

And Bump again for his second walkoff hit in the 11th on Sunday night, the first time a Cubs player had walkoff hits in back to back games since Santo in '66.

On a totally cheesy, stupid note he hit that walkoff as I sat in the darkness beside my dad's bed in his hospital room, thanking God that he was still there to celebrate it with me after his grabber earlier that afternoon, and it was a pretty special moment. I'm gonna remember that one for a while. Thanks, Starlin.

*runs around apartment in underwear*

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on June 16, 2015, 04:46:43 PM

*runs around apartment in underwear*

*tosses Ape his Golden State onesie*
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Fucking THIS.  There are still twenty-odd teams who'd be fucking delighted to have a 25-year-old shortstop with best part of a thousand major league hits - more than any other cunt in the bigs since he came up.

Sorry to hear about your old man, SKO: hope he's okay.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on June 17, 2015, 01:56:32 PM

Fucking THIS.  There are still twenty-odd teams who'd be fucking delighted to have a 25-year-old shortstop with best part of a thousand major league hits - more than any other cunt in the bigs since he came up.

Sorry to hear about your old man, SKO: hope he's okay.

I've been as hard on Starlin as anyone and he's still pretty much having a shit season but that was  big weekend for him and dammit I was happy for him. This thread deserved some bumpage.

Dad's doing much better, thank you. Hopefully this will be incentive enough to finally put the cigarettes away.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

This is something about the Starlin argument that always puzzles me, but why do otherwise-statistically-inclined fans always cite hits and All-Star appearances when defending Castro?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 17, 2015, 05:32:04 PM

This is something about the Starlin argument that always puzzles me, but why do otherwise-statistically-inclined fans always cite hits and All-Star appearances when defending Castro?

Because getting hits is better than not getting hits.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 17, 2015, 06:03:19 PM
Fucking THIS.  There are still twenty-odd teams who'd be fucking delighted to have a 25-year-old shortstop with best part of a thousand major league hits - more than any other cunt in the bigs since he came up.

And All-Star appearances speak to the quality or lack thereof at the position league-wide and where Starlin fits into that mix. Really good question though, Eli.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

This is a little too Juan Pierre-ish for my liking.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on June 17, 2015, 06:43:01 PM
Fucking THIS.  There are still twenty-odd teams who'd be fucking delighted to have a 25-year-old shortstop with best part of a thousand major league hits - more than any other cunt in the bigs since he came up.

And All-Star appearances speak to the quality or lack thereof at the position league-wide and where Starlin fits into that mix. Really good question though, Eli.

As this year's American League voting has proven.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Right.  And if you have more hits than absolutely everybody else over a five-year period, I'd say that's a reasonable indicator that you're not a complete disaster, offensively speaking.  Indeed, I challenge you to show me any player in history who meets that criterion and wasn't offensively productive.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on June 18, 2015, 02:15:22 AM

Right.  And if you have more hits than absolutely everybody else over a five-year period, I'd say that's a reasonable indicator that you're not a complete disaster, offensively speaking.  Indeed, I challenge you to show me any player in history who meets that criterion and wasn't offensively productive.

I can think of one, but you're not going to like it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Go on, then...

(With proof, natch)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 18, 2015, 06:54:57 AM
Quote from: Tonker on June 18, 2015, 02:15:22 AM

I can think of one, but you're not going to like it.

Juan Pierre, right?