News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,748 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1455 on: June 24, 2016, 11:23:12 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 24, 2016, 09:38:14 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 23, 2016, 09:43:29 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 23, 2016, 03:30:09 PM
Quote from: flannj on June 23, 2016, 02:55:30 PM
Quote from: Tonker on June 23, 2016, 01:11:00 PM
Desipio: come for the baseball; stay for the hand-wringing.  Can we have more stories about when people called other people nasty names and then openly wept?

What a buncha fags.
About 30 years ago I was running a marathon in Livermore, California, on city streets.  There were hundreds of us and when we crossed intersections where traffic had not been re-routed cars would have to wait for a break between runners.  Since I was a middle of the pack runner I always had a lot of company around me.  There was an old guy in a pickup truck who, I guess, had been sitting there for a while, yelling "You're all a bunch of fags."  Other than that, I have never been called a fag.  In another race I had just picked up water a table and still had a full cup when I ran by a guy on the side lines who had a bullhorn and was shouting that we were all going to burn in hell.  I don't know why, but I threw my water at him.  He was only using his constitutional right to express his opinion and I was immediately ashamed of myself.

You should have yelled "Free baptism!"

I laughed at a Forkjoke and now I'm ashamed of myself.
Nonetheless, as long as I was doing something stupid I wish I had thought of saying that at the time.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1456 on: June 27, 2016, 03:39:12 AM »
No one crafts a more painful paragraph to struggle through than our old friend BN Brett.

QuoteHaving previously squared to attempt a squeeze on the pitch before, the Cubs were positioned abnormally for the second pitch to Adeiny Hechavarria. Specifically, Ben Zobrist was not playing at double play depth, and was instead shaded way over toward first (to cover Anthony Rizzo, who was ready to charge (it even looked like, just before the first pitch, Joe Maddon was showing indicating to someone that they should follow a charging player – my guess is it was Zobrist, being told to cover first)). Because he was so far over, when Kris Bryant fielded a perfectly-made double play ball, he had to double clutch before throwing to second. By the time Zobrist got there and threw to first, it was a fraction of a second late (as in, it took a replay to show that it was late). The run scored. The Marlins had enough to win.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1457 on: July 04, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »
Good news: Julie's terrible sports thoughts also extend to basketball.

QuoteSo it's fine for Lebron to put together a cabal of traveling mercenaries, but not okay for KD to want to play for a great team. Got it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1458 on: July 04, 2016, 06:45:08 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 04, 2016, 12:52:55 PM

QuoteSo it's fine for Lebron to put together a cabal of traveling mercenaries, but not okay for KD to want to play for a great team. Got it.

In what world does she live in where LeBron James doesn't take massive amounts of shit for literally anything he does
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1459 on: July 04, 2016, 08:39:12 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 04, 2016, 06:45:08 PM

In what world does she live in where LeBron James doesn't take massive amounts of shit for literally anything he does

That. Basically anyone now is offended when players go play with other good players to win a title.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1460 on: July 04, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 04, 2016, 08:39:12 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 04, 2016, 06:45:08 PM

That. Basically anyone now is offended when players go play with other good players to win a title.

Except for LeBron, since everyone rationally accepted that and no one complained at all

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1461 on: August 11, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
It's kind of fun watching the national media slowly come to the realization that Tommy La Stella hasn't reported to AAA and not know how to react because the Cubs' reaction has been so far outside what would be considered "normal" for an organization.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/cubs-player-tommy-la-stella-went-awol-and-nobody-seems-to-care

And while I wouldn't consider this article to be totally unreadable, the following paragraph did strike me as odd:
It's a questionable juxtaposition. Is it just that La Stella is largely irrelevant in the greater baseball world? Or that the Cubs play in a small media market with an apathetic fan base and little following? Or is there some kind of unfair double standard at play that makes Puig a constant target and allows others to largely be ignored for doing things that are just as detrimental, if not worse?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1462 on: August 11, 2016, 11:14:52 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 11, 2016, 11:08:00 AM
It's kind of fun watching the national media slowly come to the realization that Tommy La Stella hasn't reported to AAA and not know how to react because the Cubs' reaction has been so far outside what would be considered "normal" for an organization.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/cubs-player-tommy-la-stella-went-awol-and-nobody-seems-to-care

And while I wouldn't consider this article to be totally unreadable, the following paragraph did strike me as odd:
It's a questionable juxtaposition. Is it just that La Stella is largely irrelevant in the greater baseball world? Or that the Cubs play in a small media market with an apathetic fan base and little following? Or is there some kind of unfair double standard at play that makes Puig a constant target and allows others to largely be ignored for doing things that are just as detrimental, if not worse?

What a dumb article. Beyond ignoring that the local media and fans (the people who have actually heard of Tommy La Stella) have covered this extensively, you know damn well why people gave a shit about Puig and not La Stella. One is a famous former superstar and the other is bench flotsam. I'm not sure if he wants to imply some kind bias against latin players or something but I really don't think this is complicated.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1463 on: August 17, 2016, 08:02:31 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 09, 2016, 03:04:21 PM
Keeping this mostly off Twitter (oops)

But Wendy Thurm, an extremely whiny Giants fan who writes for Sporting News, wrote this: http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/giants-red-sox-world-series-matchup-2016-potential-buster-posey-david-price-bumgarner-ortiz/oc2e2h6wrqmp1vdsvu0g99hms

It's garbage. She's awful. The end.

I thought I'd check in on our friend Wendy since she was only too happy to make sure everyone knew the moment the Giants had more wins than the Cubs and reveled in their pre-break slide.

Her response to the Giants blowing an 8 game lead in their division?

It doesn't matter guys, she's too busy saving us from Trump to care.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1464 on: August 17, 2016, 09:07:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 17, 2016, 08:02:31 AM

But Wendy Thurm, an extremely whiny Giants fan who writes for Sporting News, wrote this: http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/giants-red-sox-world-series-matchup-2016-potential-buster-posey-david-price-bumgarner-ortiz/oc2e2h6wrqmp1vdsvu0g99hms

I thought I'd check in on our friend Wendy since she was only too happy to make sure everyone knew the moment the Giants had more wins than the Cubs and reveled in their pre-break slide.

And that's a bad thing because...?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1465 on: August 17, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 17, 2016, 09:07:04 AM

Because she's a blogger? It's not that I don't agree that stopping Trump is important, it's the self important tone of "oh well I can't be bothered by my sports teams struggles because stopping Trump is what really matters," like she's a key component to the crusade as opposed to just one more person in California who is going to cast a vote against him in a state he's going to lose in a landslide anyway.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1466 on: August 17, 2016, 10:27:53 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 17, 2016, 10:14:10 AM
Quote from: CBStew on August 17, 2016, 09:07:04 AM

Because she's a blogger? It's not that I don't agree that stopping Trump is important, it's the self important tone of "oh well I can't be bothered by my sports teams struggles because stopping Trump is what really matters," like she's a key component to the crusade as opposed to just one more person in California who is going to cast a vote against him in a state he's going to lose in a landslide anyway.

It's almost like that all-ego blogger who claimed he helped run Dusty out of town

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1467 on: September 10, 2016, 05:56:15 PM »
Jesse Rogers appoints himself head of the panic patrol.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1468 on: September 11, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 10, 2016, 05:56:15 PM

Jesse says the Cubs need to strike out the right way
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1469 on: September 11, 2016, 11:44:43 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 11, 2016, 09:57:53 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 10, 2016, 05:56:15 PM

Jesse says the Cubs need to strike out the right way

QuoteNo one is saying Soler needs to bunt, but with two strikes, putting the ball in play should be paramount.

"No one is saying bunt, except for me -- I am saying bunt."