News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE  ( 99,529 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2016 Cubs: SPLOOGE SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
« Reply #1140 on: September 30, 2016, 02:28:52 PM »
Cubs vs. NL Central, 2016 (Donovan McNabb Edition)

Reds: 13-3 (.813)
Pirates: 14-4-1 (.737)
Brewers: 11-8 (.579)
Cardinals: 10-9 (.526)

Total: 48-24-1 (.658)

Games Remaining (Regular Season)
at Reds: 3
at Pirates: 0
vs Brewers: 0
vs Cardinals: 0
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1141 on: September 30, 2016, 08:53:08 PM »
Cubs vs. NL Central, 2016 (after game of Sept. 30)

Reds: 14-3 (.824)

Total: 49-24-1 (.662)

at Reds: 2
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1142 on: October 01, 2016, 06:24:18 PM »
Cubs vs. NL Central, 2016 (It's All Falling Apart Edition)

Reds: 14-4 (.778)

Total: 49-25-1 (.653)

at Reds: 1

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1143 on: October 02, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »
Cubs vs. NL Central, 2016

Reds: 15-4 (.789)

Total: 50-25-1 (.658)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1144 on: October 03, 2016, 04:15:26 AM »
Get ready for Shitty Celebrites Are Suddenly Cubs Fans Season!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1145 on: October 03, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 02, 2016, 05:35:58 PM

I admit it...I have no idea why you keep posting updated Cubs records vs. NL Central teams.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1146 on: October 03, 2016, 10:18:53 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 03, 2016, 09:19:36 AM

I admit it...I have no idea why you keep posting updated Cubs records vs. NL Central teams.

Same
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1147 on: October 03, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on October 03, 2016, 10:18:53 AM

Same

On the other hand the Sox Bro who argued with me on twitter earlier this year that the Cubs would be a wildcard team in the powerhouse that is the AL Central is probably using the Cubs dominance of the NLC as proof of his theory, in some kind of ass backwards logic.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1148 on: October 03, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 03, 2016, 10:31:40 AM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on October 03, 2016, 10:18:53 AM

Same

On the other hand the Sox Bro who argued with me on twitter earlier this year that the Cubs would be a wildcard team in the powerhouse that is the AL Central is probably using the Cubs dominance of the NLC as proof of his theory, in some kind of ass backwards logic.

I'm pretty sure 19 games each against the Sox & Twins wouldn't sting all that much.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1149 on: October 03, 2016, 12:44:16 PM »
Now that you guys bring it up, I don't think I'll post them anymore. Glad we could work this out.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1150 on: November 08, 2016, 06:53:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 31, 2016, 07:26:26 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 31, 2016, 07:16:36 PM
What was your favorite moment of the Brian Matusz Era?

Between sending down La Stella in favor of Coghlan, giving Matusz a start because fuck it why not, and using Joel Peralta at all it feels like the Cubs are using the rest of the season for roster tinkering rather than winning which is pretty fucking dumb considering their lead is now longer even remotely close to insurmountable

It appears Theo is as big of a meatball as I am:

QuoteExactly three months before Halloween, Theo Epstein was so pissed off at himself he started to bang on street signs. It was July 31, the day before the trade deadline, and the St. Louis Cardinals were threatening to winnow the Cubs' National League Central division lead, once 12½ games, to 5½. And Epstein thought it was all his fault.

A left-hander named Brian Matusz, like Arrieta a former Baltimore pitching prospect, started for the Cubs that night. Chicago was trying to build organizational depth and figured Matusz a safe risk, especially after he had pitched well at Triple-A. Matusz allowed a two-run homer in the first, second and third innings, and Epstein, hunkered down for days in trade talks, needed some fresh air. He and Hoyer decided to take a walk. They ended up going for miles – talking, self-flagellating and whacking signs out of frustration. Never again would he do this, put at risk the dynamic of the clubhouse Maddon spent so long building for a flight of fancy.

"I felt like I had personally cost the team a game in the pennant race," Epstein said.

"He took it personally," Hoyer said.

"I took it very personally," Epstein said.

"We were too cute about it," Hoyer said.

"We overthought it," Epstein said.

In the eighth inning, Epstein headed down to the Cubs' clubhouse, ready to own his mistake face to face with the players. He refused to run from his errors. If he wanted the respect of players, he needed to face them.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1151 on: November 08, 2016, 09:33:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 08, 2016, 06:53:25 AM

Between sending down La Stella in favor of Coghlan, giving Matusz a start because fuck it why not, and using Joel Peralta at all it feels like the Cubs are using the rest of the season for roster tinkering rather than winning which is pretty fucking dumb considering their lead is now longer even remotely close to insurmountable

QuoteExactly three months before Halloween, Theo Epstein was so pissed off at himself he started to bang on street signs. It was July 31, the day before the trade deadline, and the St. Louis Cardinals were threatening to winnow the Cubs' National League Central division lead, once 12½ games, to 5½. And Epstein thought it was all his fault.

A left-hander named Brian Matusz, like Arrieta a former Baltimore pitching prospect, started for the Cubs that night. Chicago was trying to build organizational depth and figured Matusz a safe risk, especially after he had pitched well at Triple-A. Matusz allowed a two-run homer in the first, second and third innings, and Epstein, hunkered down for days in trade talks, needed some fresh air. He and Hoyer decided to take a walk. They ended up going for miles – talking, self-flagellating and whacking signs out of frustration. Never again would he do this, put at risk the dynamic of the clubhouse Maddon spent so long building for a flight of fancy.

"I felt like I had personally cost the team a game in the pennant race," Epstein said.

In the eighth inning, Epstein headed down to the Cubs' clubhouse, ready to own his mistake face to face with the players. He refused to run from his errors. If he wanted the respect of players, he needed to face them.

One of the thousands of interesting things about this year's team, and the construction of it, is that when the Cubs hired Theo I had a pretty un-nuanced view of him as a stat dweeb (and I love stats!) who did a funny thing in a gorilla suit once. And that couldn't be further than the truth - his mentality is basically 1/3 Huey (meatball), 1/3 Chuck Dickens (brainiac stat dweeb) and 1/3 Mark DeRosa (extremely likeable personality who works hard & plays hard) which it turns out is a great recipe for running a baseball team.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1152 on: November 08, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 08, 2016, 09:33:12 AM

One of the thousands of interesting things about this year's team, and the construction of it, is that when the Cubs hired Theo I had a pretty un-nuanced view of him as a stat dweeb (and I love stats!) who did a funny thing in a gorilla suit once. And that couldn't be further than the truth - his mentality is basically 1/3 Huey (meatball), 1/3 Chuck Dickens (brainiac stat dweeb) and 1/3 Mark DeRosa (extremely likeable personality who works hard & plays hard) which it turns out is a great recipe for running a baseball team.

Yeah the perception was that he was cold and analytical and yet actually it appears Jed mostly has to keep him away from sharp objects any time they are losing. My kinda guy.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1153 on: November 08, 2016, 09:49:14 AM »
1/3 Huey (meatball), 1/3 Chuck Dickens (brainiac stat dweeb) and 1/3 Mark DeRosa (extremely likeable personality who works hard & plays hard)

Or

*lower shades to look you dead in the eye*

basically, one me.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1154 on: November 08, 2016, 09:50:53 AM »

Fuck Mark DeRosa, you fanboy shitheel.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs