News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Nice Choice, Jim.  ( 27,043 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Nice Choice, Jim.
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 17, 2011, 01:53:28 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2011, 01:52:34 PM
Is there some point where we can mention that Castillo's now had several spring trainings with the Cubs, has been in the minors for six seasons (been at AAA for all or parts of 3 of those) and had seven starts last year when he had a .983 OPS? Small sample size indeed, but not like, ohmygodthisislikerushingKoreyPattersonalloveragain.

How about in, like, an hour?  That'd be good for me.

I mean, I'm just wondering. One would think in an argument revolving around playing a rookie someone would mention that this isn't even his first call up. But that's just Ol' Uncle SKO talkin' crazy, I guess.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2011, 02:01:05 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2011, 01:55:41 PM
Is there some point where we can mention that Castillo's now had several spring trainings with the Cubs, has been in the minors for six seasons (been at AAA for all or parts of 3 of those) and had seven starts last year when he had a .983 OPS? Small sample size indeed, but not like, ohmygodthisislikerushingKoreyPattersonalloveragain.

How about in, like, an hour?  That'd be good for me.

I mean, I'm just wondering. One would think in an argument revolving around playing a rookie someone would mention that this isn't even his first call up. But that's just Ol' Uncle SKO talkin' crazy, I guess.

Again, I didn't say they shouldn't play him. I'm just saying I'm not mad at Quade over three starts Hill has made since Castillo got called up. Three. I thought it was four. But it's three andone of those three was in shitastic weather. Flame on.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 17, 2011, 02:01:05 PM

Again, I didn't say they shouldn't play him. I'm just saying I'm not mad at Quade over three starts Hill has made since Castillo got called up. Three. I thought it was four. But it's three andone of those three was in shitastic weather. Flame on.

Eveyr time Koyie Hill has an at-bat, a smokin' hot Asian girl dies a virgin.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »
Hey Huey - remember that double play Derosa grounded into against the Dbacks in 2007?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 17, 2011, 02:04:37 PM
Hey Huey - remember that double play Derosa grounded into against the Dbacks in 2007?

Nope.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »

I think if we go ahead and read between the lines here, and I don't mean the lines of implied gay sex euphemisms, Apex's real point is that Cub fans have spent the good majority of the last week plus bitching about the Misadventures of Colvin and Koyie when the rest of the team is hard-boiled dogshit.

So yeah we can fill up another two pages talking about the obvious fact that Koyie Hill is bad or we can talk about the fact that this entire team is horrible with very few exceptions. And despite everything I still hate Darwin Barney and his .370 babip.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:33 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 17, 2011, 02:11:56 PM

I think if we go ahead and read between the lines here, and I don't mean the lines of implied gay sex euphemisms, Apex's real point is that Cub fans have spent the good majority of the last week plus bitching about the Misadventures of Colvin and Koyie when the rest of the team is hard-boiled dogshit.

So yeah we can fill up another two pages talking about the obvious fact that Koyie Hill is bad or we can talk about the fact that this entire team is horrible with very few exceptions. And despite everything I still hate Darwin Barney and his .370 babip.

I resent the false choice I have to make here between bitching about something stupid, like Koyie Hill starting over Beef Wellington, or just acknowledging that the whole team is garbage. I've done both, and Koyie Hill's continued presence is a part of the general suckitude. So don't tread on me, man.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2011, 02:16:33 PM

I resent the false choice I have to make here between bitching about something stupid, like Koyie Hill starting over Beef Wellington, or just acknowledging that the whole team is garbage. I've done both, and Koyie Hill's continued presence is a part of the general suckitude. So don't tread on me, man.

Shut your word hole while I speak for Apex.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 17, 2011, 02:20:16 PM

Slak-Pex?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2011, 02:26:31 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 17, 2011, 02:24:41 PM

Slak-Pex?

?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »

You're saying that it's stupid and you don't know the reasons for it. Did you ask Quade why he wrote the lineups out that way three times and find his answer unsatisfcactory? Are you saying that there is no possible reason why Hill should start 3 of the first 4 games Castillo is active for? Meatball.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2011, 02:26:31 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 17, 2011, 02:24:41 PM

Slak-Pex?

?

Holy cow. SKO wins.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 17, 2011, 02:28:00 PM
Are you saying that there is no possible reason why Hill should start 3 of the first 4 games Castillo is active for? Meatball.

Meatballs is the exact right answer.

It just doesn't matter.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2011, 02:32:47 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 17, 2011, 02:31:00 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 17, 2011, 02:28:00 PM
Are you saying that there is no possible reason why Hill should start 3 of the first 4 games Castillo is active for? Meatball.

Meatballs is the exact right answer.

It just doesn't matter.

Or does it? Welington's been rotting on the bench for three games. He's starting to stink.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »
He's starting tonight so everyone can relax. One wrong has been righted. This team is going places.