News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Nice Choice, Jim.  ( 27,057 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Nice Choice, Jim.
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 17, 2011, 02:34:22 PM
He's starting tonight so everyone can relax. One wrong has been righted. This team is going places.

World Series, here we come!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »
OMG this convo sucked

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2011, 03:01:26 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 17, 2011, 02:59:52 PM
OMG this convo sucked
Total clufu.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 17, 2011, 03:01:26 PM
Quote from: Yeti on May 17, 2011, 02:59:52 PM
OMG this convo sucked
Total clufu.
Would of been nice to be spared of the deets.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2011, 01:44:15 PM
I'm afraid Koyie is not the defensive stalwart you make him out to be.  Maybe it's because he's white, gritty, and can't hit for shit but I remain unconvinced as to his defensive prowess.

Take Saturday night's game, please.  Bases loaded, 2 out 1-0 game.  Batter hits a chopper that rolls about 15 feet to between the pitchers' mound and third base.  The ball is either the pitcher's or the catcher's.  However, with the bases loaded, if Koyie Hill is the defensive Einstein that you apparently think he is, than he refrains froms spastically dashing out there (only to ultimately make a PANK throw that pulled Pena off the bag)  and, instead, stays home, plants his foot on the plate and waits for Davis to toss him the ball for the force at home, and get out of the inning.  Now, that would be an unusually smart play that I wouldn't expect a lot of catchers to make.  However, from a slap-hitting sally who had the nerve to call out his teammates last season for eschewing fundamental baseball, it seems that this is exactly the type of play he would make in order to justify his mystifying reputation as some sort of defensive savant.

He fucking sucks in every aspect of baseball.  And life.

I think what Huey's trying to say is: let's see if Castillo can PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION out there, because clearly Koyie can't be bothered to.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2011, 08:30:47 AM »
Remember when NO ONE wanted curtis granderson?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 20, 2011, 08:30:47 AM
Remember when NO ONE wanted curtis granderson?

No. I remember Phil Rogers always burned for him.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »
Jeff Baker's been fine and all, but I think the Cubs could probably use the guy they traded for him back in the bullpen.

Al Albuquerque, sporting a 2.25 ERA, 1.08 WHIP and a 40/16 K/BB ratio in 24 IP along with a high-90s fastaball this season for the Tigers (15.0 K/9).

Nice choice, Jim.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 22, 2011, 02:15:09 PM
Al Albuquerque, sporting a 2.25 ERA, 1.08 WHIP and a 40/16 K/BB ratio in 24 IP along with a high-90s fastaball this season for the Tigers (15.0 K/9).

That's a spicy fastaball!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2011, 02:23:15 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 22, 2011, 02:15:09 PM
Jeff Baker's been fine and all, but I think the Cubs could probably use the guy they traded for him back in the bullpen.

Nice choice, Jim.

Let's see Albuquerque do this, then come back and talk about how we didn't win the trade.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
The following via Bruce Miles:

"I read some things that people assume," Jim said. "They use the word 'fire sale.' That's not going to happen. We're not interested in trading people at all that will be valuable to us moving forward. People like to float names of your better players, which makes no sense to trade. If we make moves, it will be designed to make us better for the future, and we still want see how we play the next month or so. Everybody thinks there's this big, automatic, 'You have to be a buyer or a seller or it's fire-sale time.' Well, we've got a lot of young people out there pitching and playing or some people who will be very productive for us a year from now that when you get ready to put together a team in the off-season, you certainly don't want to start out without them anyhow...We're certainly going to hold on to the people, no matter what, we feel will be major contributors down the road."

In other words, don't look for players such as Sean Marshall or Carlos Marmol or Matt Garza or even Ryan Dempster to be traded.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »
Juan Pierre just Tweeted to say that Tony Campana throws like a girl.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 29, 2011, 06:17:08 PM

"I read some things that people assume," Jim said. "They use the word 'fire sale.' That's not going to happen. We're not interested in trading people at all that will be valuable to us moving forward. People like to float names of your better players, which makes no sense to trade. If we make moves, it will be designed to make us better for the future, and we still want see how we play the next month or so. Everybody thinks there's this big, automatic, 'You have to be a buyer or a seller or it's fire-sale time.' Well, we've got a lot of young people out there pitching and playing or some people who will be very productive for us a year from now that when you get ready to put together a team in the off-season, you certainly don't want to start out without them anyhow...We're certainly going to hold on to the people, no matter what, we feel will be major contributors down the road."

In other words, don't look for players such as Sean Marshall or Carlos Marmol or Matt Garza or even Ryan Dempster to be traded.

You really like quoting things.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2011, 10:22:12 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 29, 2011, 09:42:23 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 29, 2011, 06:17:08 PM

You really like quoting things.

You're very perceptive.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?