News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Firebarn Chris Coghlan Because Fuck You, That's Why  ( 33,725 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Firebarn Chris Coghlan Because Fuck You, That's Why
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2016, 08:44:19 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 14, 2016, 08:41:38 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 14, 2016, 08:38:10 AM
Coghlan's fine, thought it's also fine that this is the biggest thing we can bitch about right now-- an eventual cockfight between LaStella and Coghlan for the LH-hitting utility guy.

I'd take LaStella every day and twice on Sunday, even if he is a little rodent.

Well that mole rat's on the DL, so you're going to have to settle for Coghlan wearing the bucket helmet for now.  He's fine.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2016, 08:45:10 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 14, 2016, 08:44:19 AM
Coghlan's fine, thought it's also fine that this is the biggest thing we can bitch about right now-- an eventual cockfight between LaStella and Coghlan for the LH-hitting utility guy.

Well that mole rat's on the DL, so you're going to have to settle for Coghlan wearing the bucket helmet for now.  He's fine.

You tolerate more bullshit than RV. What happened to you, man?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »

This.  Coghlan is on the Cubs because they lost Schwarber, Soler and LaStella, for Christ's sake, you guys.  Would you care to take a stroll down memory lane to see what the Cubs have had in other injury-hit lineups over the last twenty years?  No, me neither.  Simmer down.

While we're here, by the way... agreeing with Huey on pretty much everything these days is a good thing, right?  Asking for a friend.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2016, 08:54:56 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 14, 2016, 08:44:19 AM

I'd rather see Almora flailing away at big league pitching, knowing he won't be creating runs in the field.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2016, 08:58:21 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 14, 2016, 08:51:46 AM

This.  Coghlan is on the Cubs because they lost Schwarber, Soler and LaStella, for Christ's sake, you guys.  Would you care to take a stroll down memory lane to see what the Cubs have had in other injury-hit lineups over the last twenty years?  No, me neither.  Simmer down.

While we're here, by the way... agreeing with Huey on pretty much everything these days is a good thing, right?  Asking for a friend.

Coghlan literally ranks last, DEAD LAST, among all outfielders in the majors in WAR. He is terrible defensively.

They have Albert Almora on the roster who is not likely to hit, no, but he will catch everything out there. Better an offensive blackhole who offers a positive somewhere than a guy who is, and I must reiterate, THE WORST OUTFIELDER IN BASEBALL.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »
The Dodgers literally ate 30 million dollars just to get rid of Carl Crawford. Coghlan's been worse.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2016, 09:10:56 AM »
QuoteWould you care to take a stroll down memory lane to see what the Cubs have had in other injury-hit lineups over the last twenty years?  No, me neither.  Simmer down.

In 2002 Roosevelt Brown was worth 0.4 fWAR. 2003 Troy O'Leary was -0.3. Ramon Martinez in his entire Cub career? -0.8. Aaron Fucking Miles? -1.4

Coghlan's at -1.6 in not even half of a season. So really, all of those guys you are thinking of are better than Chris Coghlan has been this year.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »
Coghlan sucks so hard he has me and SKO agreeing.

Of course, this is probably just SKO setting me up for stiffing me again on Fathers Day.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2016, 09:23:42 AM »
And before the "why bitch when they are 43-19 blah blah" comes, because 1) It's something to talk about and B)tolerating the worst outfielder in baseball is really not something the best team in baseball should do just because they are good.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 14, 2016, 09:23:42 AM
And before the "why bitch when they are 43-19 blah blah" comes, because 1) It's something to talk about and B)tolerating the worst outfielder in baseball is really not something the best team in baseball should do just because they are good.

Hey don't let me stop you. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2016, 09:27:52 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 14, 2016, 09:26:23 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 14, 2016, 09:23:42 AM

Hey don't let me stop you. 

As if you could.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2016, 09:32:21 AM »
I just really fucking hate Chris Coghlan. I hated him before it was cool and when it was probably illogical, and now there are bandwagon Coghlan haters trying to jump on, and that hate is 100% justified now because he is the worst outfielder in baseball and still has his greasy bare chest hanging out under his unbuttoned jersey as his awful walk up song plays and he spits disgustedly over his shoulder after taking another called strike right down the middle and yet some mother fuckers wanna come in here and say "golly gee, mister, the Cubs is so good and shucks remember how gosh darned awful some players on a team from who the fuck cares were probably worse so why bitch?" Oh no, no sir. I have earned the right to hate this chode with every fiber of my being. I have laid the groundwork and stated my case and God and the facts are on my side and no, no Tonk will come in here urging patience. No PANK will come down from the height of his potato tower and hypocritically tell me I have no cause for rage. Oh no sir.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2016, 09:39:35 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 14, 2016, 08:51:46 AM

So, Tonk now loves Chris Coghlan and John Lackey. What a hill.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2016, 09:40:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 14, 2016, 09:32:21 AM
I just really fucking hate Chris Coghlan. I hated him before it was cool and when it was probably illogical, and now there are bandwagon Coghlan haters trying to jump on, and that hate is 100% justified now because he is the worst outfielder in baseball and still has his greasy bare chest hanging out under his unbuttoned jersey as his awful walk up song plays and he spits disgustedly over his shoulder after taking another called strike right down the middle and yet some mother fuckers wanna come in here and say "golly gee, mister, the Cubs is so good and shucks remember how gosh darned awful some players on a team from who the fuck cares were probably worse so why bitch?" Oh no, no sir. I have earned the right to hate this chode with every fiber of my being. I have laid the groundwork and stated my case and God and the facts are on my side and no, no Tonk will come in here urging patience. No PANK will come down from the height of his potato tower and hypocritically tell me I have no cause for rage. Oh no sir.

Speaking of hills...

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 14, 2016, 09:40:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 14, 2016, 09:32:21 AM

Speaking of hills...

When Bort wanders in here at 3 AM, he'll chuckle slightly, and the joke will have been worth it.