News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Firebarn Chris Coghlan Because Fuck You, That's Why  ( 33,536 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Firebarn Chris Coghlan Because Fuck You, That's Why
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2016, 02:10:31 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 14, 2016, 02:09:13 PM
Quote from: SKO on June 14, 2016, 09:03:39 AM
The Dodgers literally ate 30 million dollars just to get rid of Carl Crawford. Coghlan's been worse.

Pretty sure they didn't.

What do you think they have Ned Colleti doing these days? As long as they still have to pay him you'd better bet he's stuck in a basement somewhere slowly choking on stacks of Benjamins.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2016, 02:27:58 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 14, 2016, 02:09:13 PM
Quote from: SKO on June 14, 2016, 09:03:39 AM
The Dodgers literally ate 30 million dollars just to get rid of Carl Crawford. Coghlan's been worse.

Pretty sure they didn't.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2016, 04:17:17 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 14, 2016, 09:44:26 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 14, 2016, 09:40:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 14, 2016, 09:32:21 AM
I just really fucking hate Chris Coghlan. I hated him before it was cool and when it was probably illogical, and now there are bandwagon Coghlan haters trying to jump on, and that hate is 100% justified now because he is the worst outfielder in baseball and still has his greasy bare chest hanging out under his unbuttoned jersey as his awful walk up song plays and he spits disgustedly over his shoulder after taking another called strike right down the middle and yet some mother fuckers wanna come in here and say "golly gee, mister, the Cubs is so good and shucks remember how gosh darned awful some players on a team from who the fuck cares were probably worse so why bitch?" Oh no, no sir. I have earned the right to hate this chode with every fiber of my being. I have laid the groundwork and stated my case and God and the facts are on my side and no, no Tonk will come in here urging patience. No PANK will come down from the height of his potato tower and hypocritically tell me I have no cause for rage. Oh no sir.

Speaking of hills...

When Bort wanders in here at 3 AM, he'll chuckle slightly, and the joke will have been worth it.
Validated.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »
Quote from: Bort on June 14, 2016, 04:17:17 PM
I just really fucking hate Chris Coghlan. I hated him before it was cool and when it was probably illogical, and now there are bandwagon Coghlan haters trying to jump on, and that hate is 100% justified now because he is the worst outfielder in baseball and still has his greasy bare chest hanging out under his unbuttoned jersey as his awful walk up song plays and he spits disgustedly over his shoulder after taking another called strike right down the middle and yet some mother fuckers wanna come in here and say "golly gee, mister, the Cubs is so good and shucks remember how gosh darned awful some players on a team from who the fuck cares were probably worse so why bitch?" Oh no, no sir. I have earned the right to hate this chode with every fiber of my being. I have laid the groundwork and stated my case and God and the facts are on my side and no, no Tonk will come in here urging patience. No PANK will come down from the height of his potato tower and hypocritically tell me I have no cause for rage. Oh no sir.

Speaking of hills...

When Bort wanders in here at 3 AM, he'll chuckle slightly, and the joke will have been worth it.
Validated.

Shouldn't that last balloon say "Hail Hydra"?

Also, I am completely on board with irrationally (and now rationally) hating Chris Coghlan.  For some reason my psyche has chosen to project every try-hard respect the game one day at a time act like ya been there before don't flip your bat don't bunt to break up a no-hitter sterotype onto Coghlan.  I don't know if any of this is true, but it is for me, dammit.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: June 15, 2016, 10:54:36 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 15, 2016, 10:46:41 AM

Speaking of hills...

Validated.

Also, I am completely on board with irrationally (and now rationally) hating Chris Coghlan.  For some reason my psyche has chosen to project every try-hard respect the game one day at a time act like ya been there before don't flip your bat don't bunt to break up a no-hitter sterotype onto Coghlan.  I don't know if any of this is true, but it is for me, dammit.

He just seems like a joyless prick, and the few quotes we got from him last year reinforced that, when he bitched about being a platoon player and later not getting enough playing time when Schwarber and Soler and Castro were all outhitting him in the second half. He's probably a decent enough fellow in real life but on a team full of walking emojis that outwardly project a sense of fun and excitement, Coghlan as the grumpy white dude spitting disgustedly over his shoulder after every called strike he takes, staring daggers at the ump, and then providing the few negative comments the team had last year doesn't help his image.

Plus he really sucks.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: June 15, 2016, 12:06:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 15, 2016, 10:54:36 AM
Quote from: CT III on June 15, 2016, 10:46:41 AM

Speaking of hills...

Validated.

He just seems like a joyless prick, and the few quotes we got from him last year reinforced that, when he bitched about being a platoon player and later not getting enough playing time when Schwarber and Soler and Castro were all outhitting him in the second half. He's probably a decent enough fellow in real life but on a team full of walking emojis that outwardly project a sense of fun and excitement, Coghlan as the grumpy white dude spitting disgustedly over his shoulder after every called strike he takes, staring daggers at the ump, and then providing the few negative comments the team had last year doesn't help his image.

Plus he really sucks.

Let's also not forget that the reason he was playing poorly was because Joe wasn't giving him enough playing time.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2016, 12:15:37 PM »
The thing is, the Cubs front office knows what we know, and certainly they know more, yet they brought him back anyway. Maybe the negatives (at least, regarding his personality and attitude) are being magnified a bit too much.

Still, he's a shitty hitter who brings nothing to the team.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2016, 01:47:47 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 15, 2016, 12:15:37 PM
The thing is, the Cubs front office knows what we know, and certainly they know more, yet they brought him back anyway. Maybe the negatives (at least, regarding his personality and attitude) are being magnified a bit too much.

#analysis
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »

Theo's secretary finally put you through?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2016, 04:00:09 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 15, 2016, 03:46:43 PM

We have a standing appointment for her to put me through. She keeps rescheduling. Doesn't she know about GROTA!?
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2016, 04:30:28 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 15, 2016, 04:00:09 PM

We have a standing appointment for her to put me through. She keeps rescheduling. Doesn't she know about GROTA!?

Isn't it obvious she does?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2016, 06:00:20 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 15, 2016, 04:30:28 PM

Perhaps you should try telling her that you are selling subscriptions to Reader's Digest.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2016, 08:32:12 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 15, 2016, 06:00:20 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 15, 2016, 04:30:28 PM

Perhaps you should try telling her that you are selling subscriptions to Reader's Digest.

Reader's Digest?  Who has that kind of time.  Just give me the gist.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:33 AM »
True story...

When I started this job in March, I made my password something related to Schwarber.

When the passwords expired, I referenced Teravainen.

Coughlan is next.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2016, 09:01:04 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 16, 2016, 08:58:33 AM
True story...

When I started this job in March, I made my password something related to Schwarber.

When the passwords expired, I referenced Teravainen.

Coughlan is next.

Tom is already fired