News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Incredibly, unbelievably, the first Carlos Zambrano sploooooooge thread  ( 53,428 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Incredibly, unbelievably, the first Carlos Zambrano sploooooooge thread
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2010, 02:39:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 31, 2010, 02:18:56 PM
Quote from: BH on August 31, 2010, 02:17:49 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 31, 2010, 02:10:07 PM
If they are able to deal that contract for young(er), cheap(er) talent that makes the team better and frees budget to improve it some more, I'd be conflicted but I'd get over it. However, if they simply cave to the meatheads and deal him for other bad contracts that do nothing of the sort, well fuck all. And what makes anybody believe they can deal that contract for anything other than old, expensive flotsam? Who's really fucking bonkers here - besides Z?

You're probably right.

(wins thread)

In conclusion, Apex's stance is:

Mark Prior - misses a bunch of games with actual arm and shoulder injuries - TOTAL FUCKING PUSSY WHO BETRAYED MY CUBBIES

Carlos Zambrano - misses a bunch of games because he threw a tempter tantrum - Z's BACK AND IT'S ALL DOUBLE RAINBOWS FROM HERE ON OUT!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 31, 2010, 02:39:56 PM
If they are able to deal that contract for young(er), cheap(er) talent that makes the team better and frees budget to improve it some more, I'd be conflicted but I'd get over it. However, if they simply cave to the meatheads and deal him for other bad contracts that do nothing of the sort, well fuck all. And what makes anybody believe they can deal that contract for anything other than old, expensive flotsam? Who's really fucking bonkers here - besides Z?

You're probably right.

(wins thread)

Mark Prior - misses a bunch of games with actual arm and shoulder injuries - TOTAL FUCKING PUSSY WHO BETRAYED MY CUBBIES

Carlos Zambrano - misses a bunch of games because he threw a tempter tantrum - Z's BACK AND IT'S ALL DOUBLE RAINBOWS FROM HERE ON OUT!

You can't do that because I already won the thread. But the fact that Mark Prior no longer pitches in the major leagues and Carlos Zambrano does quite effectively for long stretches makes me really confused about what you even mean.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2010, 02:48:25 PM »

You're probably right.

(wins thread)

Comparing the time Prior missed to the time Zambrano missed is kind of dumb, right?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2010, 02:51:25 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on August 31, 2010, 02:48:25 PM

You're probably right.

(wins thread)

Comparing the time Prior missed to the time Zambrano missed is kind of dumb, right?

I don't even know what I'm comparing anymore.  I just wanted to build an Apex-style strawman.  Oh well.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2010, 02:53:23 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 31, 2010, 02:51:25 PM

You're probably right.

(wins thread)

I don't even know what I'm comparing anymore.  I just wanted to build an Apex-style strawman.  Oh well.

I declare myself the winner of this thread.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 31, 2010, 02:53:23 PM

You're probably right.

(wins thread)

I think Apex is saying that any fan of his 2011 kubbeez wins, since they are playoff and world series bound with Z leading the way.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2010, 03:03:20 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 31, 2010, 02:58:55 PM
Quote from: Bort on August 31, 2010, 02:53:23 PM

You're probably right.

(wins thread)

I think Apex is saying that any fan of his 2011 kubbeez wins, since they are playoff and world series bound with Z leading the way.

All aboard Murton's unicorn!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2010, 03:08:10 PM »
If Mark Prior never got injured and pitched like it was September 2003 everyday for the rest of his life, Dusty Baker would still be the Cubs' manager and Lou Piniella would be Dick Stockton's partner in the booth during the Cubs' 2007, 2008 and 2009 National League playoff runs.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2010, 03:26:47 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 31, 2010, 03:08:10 PM
If Mark Prior never got injured and pitched like it was September 2003 Carlos Zambrano everyday for the rest of his life, Dusty Baker would still be the Cubs' manager and Lou Piniella would be Dick Stockton's partner in the booth during the Cubs' 2007, 2008 and 2009 National League playoff runs.

Sack'd up.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2010, 03:34:07 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 31, 2010, 03:26:47 PM
If Mark Prior never got injured and pitched like it was September 2003 Carlos Zambrano everyday for the rest of his life, Dusty Baker would still be the Cubs' manager and Lou Piniella would be Dick Stockton's partner in the booth during the Cubs' 2007, 2008 and 2009 National League playoff runs.

Sack'd up.

Cutting through all the bullshit, I guess my only points were that my irrational man-love for Z is gone, and I don't give a tin shit if he gets traded in the offseason. 

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2010, 03:54:45 PM »
My only real points are that I love Carlos Zambrano for everything he's done for the Cubs. And I can't know right now what the Cubs will look like in 2011. But if anyone wants to ensure that they will suck as bad as you fear they will, they can start by trading Carlos Zambrano for whatever the market would be for a guy with his contract and mileage on his arm.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 31, 2010, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 31, 2010, 03:26:47 PM

Sack'd up.

Cutting through all the bullshit, I guess my only points were that my irrational man-love for Z is gone, and I don't give a tin shit if he gets traded in the offseason. 

If this is anyone but Steve Allen, you're stealing my bit!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2010, 07:41:16 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 31, 2010, 03:54:45 PM
My only real points are that I love Carlos Zambrano for everything he's done for the Cubs. And I can't know right now what the Cubs will look like in 2011. But if anyone wants to ensure that they will suck as bad as you fear they will, they can start by trading Carlos Zambrano for whatever the market would be for a guy with his contract and mileage on his arm.

Brian Roberts?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2010, 07:43:46 AM »

Jeff Thomas likes this.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2010, 08:53:44 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on September 01, 2010, 07:41:16 AM

Brian Roberts?

Throw in Jay Kvox and it's a righted wrong AND a done deal!