News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,346 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #600 on: November 02, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 02, 2015, 08:23:41 AM
I want to thank Scott Boras.

If he hadn't have started the Matt Harvey Innings Controversy, then Harvey wouldn't have been ridiculed by fans and media alike for not wanting it enough, and maybe his pride wouldn't have demanded that he start the 9th inning, and maybe the Mets live to fight another day.

So thanks, Scott, and thanks Terry Collins for being a dumbass that gets bullied by his own starting pitcher.

I'm still in a bit of disbelief that he allowed it to happen. The Royals made much better contact the previous trip through the order and Urine Family -- blown saves aside -- is still pretty good. Collins looked like a substitute teacher who knows he shouldn't let the class go outside and have extra recess but is too scared to say no. Tell Harvey to sit down and have another chalupa and shut up.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: November 02, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »

If he hadn't have started the Matt Harvey Innings Controversy, then Harvey wouldn't have been ridiculed by fans and media alike for not wanting it enough, and maybe his pride wouldn't have demanded that he start the 9th inning, and maybe the Mets live to fight another day.

So thanks, Scott, and thanks Terry Collins for being a dumbass that gets bullied by his own starting pitcher.

We interrupt this joyful positive to remind you that Jake Arrieta is also a Boras client.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: November 02, 2015, 09:33:09 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 02, 2015, 09:28:03 AM

We interrupt this joyful positive to remind you that Jake Arrieta is also a Boras client.

Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2015, 10:35:52 AM
....I'm actually okay with waiting and possibly even losing Arrieta to free agency. He's under control for two more years, he'll be entering his age 32 season when he hits FA, and he's not going to sign a below value extension since he's a Boras client. He's topped 200 IP in exactly one season. I think it's fine to just see how these next two years play out and entertain letting someone else pay him too much money to pitch into his 40s if that's what it comes down to.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: November 02, 2015, 09:59:36 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 02, 2015, 08:51:57 AM

Harold Reynolds: Collins had no choice but to send Harvey back out there.

lmao

Frank Thomas: The Mets have nothing to hang their heads down for, except they didn't play that well and they gave away this World Series.

Now that's analysis.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: November 02, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 02, 2015, 09:59:36 AM

lmao

Frank Thomas: The Mets have nothing to hang their heads down for, except they didn't play that well and they gave away this World Series.

Now that's analysis.

Hope he sends them a few cases of Big Hurt beer.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: November 02, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 02, 2015, 10:14:58 AM

lmao

Now that's analysis.

Is that the new euphemism for HGH?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: November 02, 2015, 10:47:01 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 02, 2015, 10:41:19 AM

lmao

Now that's analysis.

No. It's a summary of what Frank has left to his name after overspending on houses, getting taken in divorce, and generally being as good of a business man as he was a fielder.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: November 02, 2015, 10:50:34 AM »

lmao

Now that's analysis.

OM NOM NOM NOM
TIME TO POST!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: November 02, 2015, 11:20:39 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 02, 2015, 10:50:34 AM

lmao

Now that's analysis.

OM NOM NOM NOM

Oh, it's brewed at Minhas. Those guys will make anything as long as it's ok for it to taste like taint sweat.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: November 02, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 02, 2015, 11:20:39 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 02, 2015, 10:50:34 AM

lmao

Now that's analysis.

OM NOM NOM NOM

Oh, it's brewed at Minhas. Those guys will make anything as long as it's ok for it to taste like taint sweat.
I am not going to ask.  It is none of my business.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: November 02, 2015, 03:49:56 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 02, 2015, 10:47:01 AM

lmao

Now that's analysis.

No. It's a summary of what Frank has left to his name after overspending on houses, getting taken in divorce, and generally being as good of a business man as he was a fielder.

Frank seems to be doing just fine these days, despite getting taken in divorce. The house in Oak Brook was lost in the divorce. His ex made some $$ on it, but the next owner saw it go into foreclosure.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: November 02, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 02, 2015, 03:49:56 PM

lmao

Now that's analysis.

Frank seems to be doing just fine these days, despite getting taken in divorce. The house in Oak Brook was lost in the divorce. His ex made some $$ on it, but the next owner saw it go into foreclosure.
http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2014/10/27/frank-thomas-colossal-former-suburban-mansion-relists.php
Click and scroll. Check out the bar and the movie theater.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: November 02, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 02, 2015, 04:55:42 PM

lmao

Now that's analysis.

http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2014/10/27/frank-thomas-colossal-former-suburban-mansion-relists.php

If only there was some way to embed pictures on this here messageboard.

"Hurtland Theatres"?  Figures that the White Sox's biggest hero is lame as hell.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: November 02, 2015, 11:42:20 PM »
Frank is doing fine. According to the Trib article, he sold the mansion in 2003 for $7.8MM, a loss of about 300k, or the equivalent of less than one paycheck.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: November 03, 2015, 09:25:14 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 02, 2015, 08:28:44 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 02, 2015, 04:55:42 PM

lmao

Now that's analysis.

If only there was some way to embed pictures on this here messageboard.

"Hurtland Theatres"?  Figures that the White Sox's biggest hero is lame as hell.

I just hope somebody hurries up and buys it. My social life has taken a nose dive since Club 35 closed.