News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,906 )

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
The Bright One's photo captions says --

QuoteJohn Murray, who attacked pitcher Randy Meyers in 1995 and is banned from Wrigley Field, is pictured with his trademarked slogan "It's Gonna Happen" shirt and caps.

-- suggesting he's still banned from Wrigley.

The article itself, though, says:

Quote"People know what happened, but with my words and my deeds, I've apologized," said Murray, in a why'd-you-have-to-go-there tone of voice. "That happened a dozen years ago. Believe me, it was embarrassing. It was a mistake I made. I'm glad it's behind me."

But do the Cubs realize that he's behind the "It's gonna happen" craze? Yes they do, says Murray, who also noted that he has "been getting free advertising from the Cubs, sitting in the bleachers with a banner."

Does this mean the Cubs have forgiven Murray? McDonough was not available for comment. But Mike Lufrano, Cubs senior vice president of community affairs, indicated that the organization views Murray as just another fan.

"[The Myers incident] happened 12 years ago," Lufrano said. "Like many fans who come to the park, we've seen his signs, and it's a slogan about our team that fans are enthusiastic about.

"I've been going to Wrigley Field since I was 11, and I've seen a lot of heartbreak," Murray said. "But it's gonna happen. If not this year, then next year."

And he sure looks like the same d-bag that appears in the SI photo holding up his bullshit sign in the ballpark.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2007, 11:42:02 AM »
But, if he's such an enthusiastic Cub fan, why did he use the Red Sox font?  Why?  WHY?!

Maybe I'm just mad that I didn't think of it first.  After all, I've been going to Wrigley since I was three, and I've seen a lot of heartbreak.  Maybe I should think of a slogan, paint it in White Sox font, and show it at the Aug. 1 game that I have tickets for.

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 27, 2007, 11:42:02 AM
But, if he's such an enthusiastic Cub fan, why did he use the Red Sox font?  Why?  WHY?!

Maybe I'm just mad that I didn't think of it first.  After all, I've been going to Wrigley since I was three, and I've seen a lot of heartbreak.  Maybe I should think of a slogan, paint it in White Sox font, and show it at the Aug. 1 game that I have tickets for.

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

Nice variation on my all time favorite slogan.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

How about "Don't buy 'It's Gonna Happen' stuff from the douche who jumped Randy Myers"?

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 27, 2007, 12:11:46 PM

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

How about "Don't buy 'It's Gonna Happen' stuff from the douche who jumped Randy Myers"?

It's a little wordy.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »
Quote from: butthead on July 27, 2007, 12:16:33 PM

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

It's a little wordy.

how about "Douche" with an arrow that points at him?

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2007, 12:19:15 PM »

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

Camera friendly'd: "We're Gonna Not buy 'It's Gonna Happen' stuff from the douche who jumped Randy Myers"

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 27, 2007, 12:18:45 PM

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

It's a little wordy.

But how will people know "douche" is meant to be a noun and not a verb?

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2007, 12:27:31 PM »
Quote from: butthead on July 27, 2007, 12:26:32 PM

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

It's a little wordy.

It works either way. Simple & elegant.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 27, 2007, 12:27:31 PM

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

It's a little wordy.

I love it.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2007, 03:38:18 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on July 27, 2007, 11:31:25 AM

QuoteJohn Murray, who attacked pitcher Randy Meyers in 1995 and is banned from Wrigley Field, is pictured with his trademarked slogan "It's Gonna Happen" shirt and caps.

I heard the moran on Gary Meier's show this morning.  He apparently was banned from Wrigley for 1 year.  He also said, 'I'm sorry for running on the field' about 432 times.  He's still a douche though.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2007, 03:42:37 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2007, 03:38:18 PM

I heard the moran on Gary Meier's show this morning.  He apparently was banned from Wrigley for 1 year.  He also said, 'I'm sorry for running on the field' about 432 times.  He's still a douche though.

And disgustingly crusty enough to need a douche.  Simple and elegant indeed.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2007, 03:48:10 PM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 27, 2007, 12:27:31 PM

"I'ts Your Turn", maybe? 

It's a little wordy.

how about "Douche!" with an arrow that points at him?

Exclamate'd.  It both emphasizes the noun and makes the verb imperative.  It's simplicity and elegance remain undiminished.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2007, 04:32:44 PM »
Quote from: helloWorld on July 27, 2007, 03:42:37 PM

And disgustingly crusty enough to need a douche.  Simple and elegant indeed.

So, apparently his talents are sloganeering and being a douche.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2007, 06:14:52 PM »

Garry Meier still has a show? In 2007? Holy time machine.