News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,759 )

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2007, 07:18:48 PM »
Quote from: Teh aPul on June 30, 2007, 07:14:38 PM
Deadspin has this video up.  It appears that someone (I can't make out who) rammed their finger into ERam's stink after the homer:

http://deadspin.com/sports/aggressiveness-towards-the-taint/hey-aramis-ramirez-hit-a-home++yeeeeeow-273976.php

Son of a bitch.  They stole my bit!
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Neifilicious

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2007, 07:45:55 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on June 30, 2007, 07:18:48 PM
Deadspin has this video up.  It appears that someone (I can't make out who) rammed their finger into ERam's stink after the homer:

http://deadspin.com/sports/aggressiveness-towards-the-taint/hey-aramis-ramirez-hit-a-home++yeeeeeow-273976.php

Son of a bitch.  They stole my bit!
I can't recall hearing of you sticking a finger in Aramis even a single time.  How is that your bit?

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2007, 10:48:42 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on June 30, 2007, 04:49:28 PM
You said yourself that 2 out of 3 is a step in the right direction, and losing 2 of 3 means they're phony.  So now you're not even bothering to stick around for the rubber match?

Because they couldn't take a pulled-from-their ass exciting victory and automatically transfer that momentum to today?  Do you really believe that's how it works?  Are you being deliberately reactionary, or can you truly not see that they've simply lost one game, and have a a shot at a 5-1 homestand?
When did I say that I was not sticking around?  Yes, I thought they might be able to stick a big can of "Here the fuck we come!" up the Brewers' asses.  I thought they could scare a bunch of high, young draft picks.  Turns out that the Brewers sloughed it off like a veteran team.  Right now, they are scaring me that they may not just be better than we thought, but that they might be Detroit Tigers better than we thought.  Good for a long, long time.

They lose tomorrow, my positive's going out for a drive for a while.  But ripping into this team because their second-year pitcher got skunked by a good-hitting team that didn't crawl into a hole like you or your hand-crafted strawman expected them to is really petulant, Chuck.  Even for you.
"Their" first year (third start) pitcher was a hell of a lot more composed than either of "our" second year pitchers.  They crapped consecutive diapers and burned out a bullpen.  That's not strawman.  That's what happened.  That dispelled my positive.

I didn't rip them.  I didn't make strawmen.  I didn't revel.  I didn't say I wasn't watching.  I just asked if the positive was dead again.  Sounds like you are projecting something on me that isn't there.

I did have hopes that the vets would bury the rookies.  Sue me for thinking positively.  Sue me for thinking that this Cub team might just have in them what the 2003 team did to the Cardinals for those five games.  had they lost today 5-4 or even 10-9, I might be a little more sanguine.  But a turd after as big a win as they've had in years and I ask if anyone else has a sour taste leads to *me* getting ripped on?

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2007, 09:50:15 AM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on June 30, 2007, 10:48:42 PM
Quote from: Down In Front on June 30, 2007, 04:49:28 PM
You said yourself that 2 out of 3 is a step in the right direction, and losing 2 of 3 means they're phony.  So now you're not even bothering to stick around for the rubber match?

Because they couldn't take a pulled-from-their ass exciting victory and automatically transfer that momentum to today?  Do you really believe that's how it works?  Are you being deliberately reactionary, or can you truly not see that they've simply lost one game, and have a a shot at a 5-1 homestand?
When did I say that I was not sticking around?  Yes, I thought they might be able to stick a big can of "Here the f@#$ we come!" up the Brewers' asses.  I thought they could scare a bunch of high, young draft picks.  Turns out that the Brewers sloughed it off like a veteran team.  Right now, they are scaring me that they may not just be better than we thought, but that they might be Detroit Tigers better than we thought.  Good for a long, long time.

They lose tomorrow, my positive's going out for a drive for a while.  But ripping into this team because their second-year pitcher got skunked by a good-hitting team that didn't crawl into a hole like you or your hand-crafted strawman expected them to is really petulant, Chuck.  Even for you.
"Their" first year (third start) pitcher was a hell of a lot more composed than either of "our" second year pitchers.  They crapped consecutive diapers and burned out a bullpen.  That's not strawman.  That's what happened.  That dispelled my positive.

I didn't rip them.  I didn't make strawmen.  I didn't revel.  I didn't say I wasn't watching.  I just asked if the positive was dead again.  Sounds like you are projecting something on me that isn't there.

I did have hopes that the vets would bury the rookies.  Sue me for thinking positively.  Sue me for thinking that this Cub team might just have in them what the 2003 team did to the Cardinals for those five games.  had they lost today 5-4 or even 10-9, I might be a little more sanguine.  But a turd after as big a win as they've had in years and I ask if anyone else has a sour taste leads to *me* getting ripped on?

It's a matter of persepctive, Chuck.  You don't seem to have any when your positive gets dashed.  I can  now see why you rarely allow yourself to get your hopes up.  The bitterness is strong in this one.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2007, 10:00:59 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on July 01, 2007, 09:50:15 AM
It's a matter of persepctive, Chuck.  You don't seem to have any when your positive gets dashed.  I can  now see why you rarely allow yourself to get your hopes up.  The bitterness is strong in this one.
When a team has a losing record, that's the basis for my perspective.  If this team were 10 over chasing 22 over, my positive would be as strong with the Schwartz as your is.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »
OK, my positive is back.  Not as strong as with a sweep, but back on.

TIme to reanimate the parrot.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2007, 04:18:18 PM »
That was a damn fine way to spend my Sunday. Couldn't have played much better.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »
Miracle win on Friday, Spit the bit on Saturday, and a good solid beating today (who replaced Theriot with Fontenot?).  The hole is deep, but they are enjoyable to watch, which you have not been able to say about this team since about August of 2004.  Now to get 3-4 over .500 by the break (positive baby steps).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
Quote from: Slaky! on July 01, 2007, 04:18:18 PM
That was a damn fine way to spend my Sunday. Couldn't have played much better.

Yes, much better than yesterday.  I would, however, like to thank the pitchers, and the Brewers' hitters, for making the game a speedy two hours, eight minutes, because it was really chilly in the shade.  Kind of funny to see people walking around in those Cubs blankets on July 1st.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 01, 2007, 04:36:52 PM
Miracle win on Friday, Spit the bit on Saturday, and a good solid beating today (who replaced Theriot with Fontenot?).  The hole is deep, but they are enjoyable to watch, which you have not been able to say about this team since about August of 2004.  Now to get 3-4 over .500 by the break (positive baby steps).

Well, as Lou said, the objective right now has to be winning each series. If the Cubs can win the next two series, that's a 5-2 road trip. That would put the Cubs three games over .500 and hopefully help the Cubs gain at least another game on the Brewers by the All-Star Break.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2007, 05:51:05 PM »
A solid outing from Marquis. He got himself out of a couple of jams nicely. Some timely hitting before Bush settled down, good defense and Marmol had the Brewers guessing wrong for two innings. That strike out of Fielder in the ninth was huge as Fielder. Overall a solid game and good win to wrap up a 5-1 home stand. It would be nice if the Cubs could go at least 5-2 on the road trip and be 45-42 at the break. Even better would be if the Brewers lost every game.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Denny Crane

• Just a simple, 'Thank you, oh kind and benevolent leader' will suffice.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »

I think that little stinker was little Cesar...We need to ship him to St Louis to be with Edmonds
My father, God rest his soul, told me the best sex he ever had was with one-legged women. Something about positional play. I don't know. I've always wondered.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2007, 10:01:56 PM »
Quote from: Denny Crane on July 01, 2007, 07:52:24 PM

I think that little stinker was little Cesar...We need to ship him to St Louis to be with Edmonds

Shut up, Paul.  Youre  a douc--

Waaaaiiit a minute.  Where the fuck have YOU been?
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2007, 10:04:15 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on July 01, 2007, 10:01:56 PM
Quote from: Denny Crane on July 01, 2007, 07:52:24 PM

Shut up, Paul.  Youre  a douc--

Waaaaiiit a minute.  Where the f@#$ have YOU been?

Maybe he's got it set up so that he gets EMailed any time somebody responds to one of his threads, so when we ressurrected the Suggestions thread, he found his way back here.  Or something, I dunno.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2007, 03:25:16 AM »
Quote from: Taylor on July 01, 2007, 05:51:05 PM
A solid outing from Marquis. He got himself out of a couple of jams nicely. Some timely hitting before Bush settled down, good defense and Marmol had the Brewers guessing wrong for two innings. That strike out of Fielder in the ninth was huge as Fielder. Overall a solid game and good win to wrap up a 5-1 home stand. It would be nice if the Cubs could go at least 5-2 on the road trip and be 45-42 at the break. Even better would be if the Brewers lost every game.

I think everybody in the park was thinking "slider, in under his hands" for the pitch that K'd Fielder.  Fielder might have seen it coming, too - but when a pitch is that perfectly exectued, I don't care who you are, you may as well go and sit down - you can't leave it, and you can't hit it.  And how much did I enjoy three straight 96 mph heaters to finish the game?  Marmol knew that Hall couldn't catch up to him so he didn't fuck about it, just let him have it.  Fantastic.  If that kid can keep his head together, he'll be a hell of a closer.  High nineties cheese and that slider?  Fuhgeddaboutit.

Really, really enjoyed that game last night.  Nice to see the Cubs jump out to an early lead and never once look like giving it up - good for my blood pressure, too.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.