News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,752 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2007, 04:21:57 PM »
Top 9 in Pissburgh. 6-3 Bucs.

The ass-end middle (Favuruh, Mench and Tony Graffanino) due up for the Spew Crew vs. closer Matt Capps. I think we can count on an appearance by teh fat prince mixed in here somewhere too.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2007, 04:29:14 PM »
Five games out...

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2007, 04:30:17 PM »
Pissburgh wins. Now if the Cubs can just do their part tonight. And then the Pirates lose the next three and then....
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on July 05, 2007, 04:30:17 PM
Pissburgh wins. Now if the Cubs can just do their part tonight. And then the Pirates lose the next three and then....

... then just a little under half the season to go?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2007, 04:41:15 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on July 05, 2007, 04:30:17 PM

... this guy kicks the bucket, and things will be lookin' up all over the world.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2007, 12:10:25 AM »
Quote from: The Ghost of Chris Benoit on July 05, 2007, 03:15:48 PM
I positive the Cubs's generous vacation policy.  2 months between Marquis wins, and Rich Hill going over a month so far.  It's really swell that the Cubs give their pitchers so much time off.  Someone may want to look into what they're actually paying Zambrano.  I think they've got him in some kind of sweatshop deal.

To be fair, Zambrano takes his vactaions in April.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2007, 05:33:47 AM »

4.5 behind the Brew Crew, 4 behind the Dodgers for the Wild Card...half a season to go, and the team looks like it's coming together.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2007, 08:48:50 AM »
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/beatwriters.asp?column=miles&id=329071

QuoteYes, general manager Jim Hendry will have the resources to add payroll for the stretch drive. He reiterated that to me over the phone the other day, saying nothing has changed since Opening Day, when the Tribune Co. announced it would sell the team.

QuoteAs far as bad signings go, the Jacque Jones contract haunts Hendry and will do so through 2008, no matter where Jones ends up.
Hendry will have to dump Jones soon to keep everybody happy. The three-year, $16 million deal was a bad contract to begin with, and it’s going to taste bad when Hendry has to eat it, no matter how much ketchup he puts on it.

QuoteManager Lou Piniella’s impact on the Cubs has been immeasurable. Piniella may sound a mite goofy during his news conferences, but he possesses a keen baseball mind and spots the smallest things with hitters and pitchers. Remember in spring training when Piniella moved pitcher Angel Guzman to the third-base side of the pitching rubber? If Guzman can ever stay healthy, we can see if Piniella was on to something.

Piniella also isn’t afraid to try things. If they work, he sticks with them. If not, he junks them. But the key thing is he won’t sit still long and watch failure.

He handles the kids well, something his predecessor never did, despite talking a good game. Just because a kid doesn’t play doesn’t mean Piniella isn’t working with him. Center fielder Felix Pie isn’t playing much, but he’s working hard on the side â€" at Piniella’s insistence.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2007, 08:55:49 AM »

Once again proving, the best baseball writer in Chicago is in Arlington Heights.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »
Ozzie left Garland in to give up 12 runs to the Twins. Oh joyful positive. You live here.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2007, 02:48:30 PM »
Quote from: Slaky! on July 06, 2007, 02:36:55 PM
Ozzie left Garland in to give up 12 runs to the Twins. Oh joyful positive. You live here.

But that means the Sux will have to turn it over to their bullpen and....oh yeah.

I forgot the Sux had a day game. Positive of the year. So far. The sweep at the Cell leaving the Sux 13 games under .500.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »

From the Trib blog of the game:

QuoteShortly after Hawk predicts the Sox will come back and win this game, "some way, some how," Kubel hits a grand slam to right.

Joyful positive indeed.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »
The headline on whitesox.com:

QuoteGarland getting support in first game vs. Twins

It's 14-4, sweetheart.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2007, 02:56:06 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on July 06, 2007, 02:54:13 PM
The headline on whitesox.com:

QuoteGarland getting support in first game vs. Twins

It's 14-4, sweetheart.

It's stupid how supportive the Sox offense was.

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2007, 02:56:56 PM »
Quote from: JS on July 06, 2007, 02:52:21 PM

From the Trib blog of the game:

QuoteShortly after Hawk predicts the Sox will come back and win this game, "some way, some how," Kubel hits a grand slam to right.

Joyful positive indeed.

In all fairness to Hack the umps are cheating. Two different strike zones. A good one for the Twinkies and a bad one for our Sox. And the Twins have someone in centerfield giving their hitters the signs. And....and.....YOU'RE DADGUM RIGHT THIS GAME'S GONNA BE PLAYED UNDER PROTEST!!!!!!