News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012 Chicago Cubs  ( 86,507 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012 Chicago Cubs
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2012, 08:58:22 AM »
Quote from: Bort on May 14, 2012, 08:32:31 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 14, 2012, 07:13:39 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 14, 2012, 06:48:01 PM
In fact, I don't think it's totally crazy to think they could contend as soon as next year.

I've been thinking about climbing aboard that bandwagon myself.

TEAM 2013! FYC!

Wait, does this mean we can expand the FYC to every time the Cubs do anything right? Because I am so on that wagon.

I have never been more excited to join an internet bandwagon.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2012, 09:15:55 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 15, 2012, 08:25:54 AM
Also, if you want further #FYC2013 fuel (don't we all?), Baseball Prospectus' adjusted standings have the Cubs with the third-best record in the National League, based on run differential and strength of schedule.

In other words, when they stop playing the Braves, Cards, Reds and such they're going to win 20 in a row.

THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CHUCK!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »
But seriously guys, that Castro bunt was troubling. Sveum's postgame rationale actually made me more angry.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: May 15, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 15, 2012, 09:20:18 AM
But seriously guys, that Castro bunt was troubling. Sveum's postgame rationale actually made me more angry.

He's just experimenting so everything is perfect for next year's 98-win season.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: May 15, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 15, 2012, 08:16:22 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 15, 2012, 07:42:56 AM
Aren't you supposed to say "Eli out" before you drop your microphone?

I'll wait for a ruling from Apex.

I'm going to say you muffed that part but I was too busy throwing chairs and kicking over trash cans to notice.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »

Sveumstink's not long for the jorb anyway and will be gone by November. They're totes hiring Phil Jackson.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2012, 09:39:45 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 15, 2012, 09:23:55 AM

All the bunting somehow turned into CHAOS and HAVOC and the Cubs won the game. Castro's bunt was the worst bunt of the year according to Joe Sheehan who is smart and it resulted in a run despite the odds of the Cubs scoring a run going way down after the bunt was complete and Castro made an out.

The Joe Mather's bunt led to SHENANIGANS and naturally another run.

I feel like the baseball universe rewarded Sveum for his terrible decisions and he's going to keep doing it.

This gives me pause.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 15, 2012, 09:39:45 AM

All the bunting somehow turned into CHAOS and HAVOC and the Cubs won the game. Castro's bunt was the worst bunt of the year according to Joe Sheehan who is smart and it resulted in a run despite the odds of the Cubs scoring a run going way down after the bunt was complete and Castro made an out.

I feel like the baseball universe rewarded Sveum for his terrible decisions and he's going to keep doing it.

This gives me pause.

I feel like I was watching basketball and didn't see the odd stuff occur so I'm going to pretend they hit a two-run dong and stay totes jacked about the Cubbies.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2012, 09:44:46 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 15, 2012, 09:42:00 AM

This gives me pause.

I feel like I was watching basketball and didn't see the odd stuff occur so I'm going to pretend they hit a two-run dong and stay totes jacked about the Cubbies.

Now I'm just getting angry:

QuoteThe Cubs stranded 14 baserunners, went 3-for-17 with runners in scoring position and still haven't figured out how to execute a bunt, a recurring theme. Dale Sveum made a risky move in the eighth by having Starlin Castro sacrifice with two on and no outs.

Sveum said he wanted to stay out of the double play, "even though you figure they're going to walk (Bryan) LaHair" to get to Soriano.

"The more people you start getting on base and turning that (lineup) over is fine with me," Sveum said.

Soriano was 0-for-9 with seven strikeouts against the reliever, while LaHair already was 3-for-4 in the game with a two-run homer.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 15, 2012, 09:44:46 AM

This gives me pause.

QuoteThe Cubs stranded 14 baserunners, went 3-for-17 with runners in scoring position and still haven't figured out how to execute a bunt, a recurring theme. Dale Sveum made a risky move in the eighth by having Starlin Castro sacrifice with two on and no outs.

Sveum said he wanted to stay out of the double play, "even though you figure they're going to walk (Bryan) LaHair" to get to Soriano.

"The more people you start getting on base and turning that (lineup) over is fine with me," Sveum said.

Soriano was 0-for-9 with seven strikeouts against the reliever, while LaHair already was 3-for-4 in the game with a two-run homer.

*fingers in ears"

Bleh-bleh-bleh-bleh-bleh...Philly ties Boston Lakers pantsed Cubs win you assholes wanted Quade gone so bad and NOW look...bleh-bleh-bleh bleh..

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »

This gives me pause.

The part about the stranded baserunners is pissoffable to me...most of them were in the first couple innings.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2012, 09:58:59 AM »

This gives me pause.

Risky is a pretty kind description. Sveum either (a) thought through the scenario and decided that, yes, he'd rather have turtle legs Soriano up with the bases loaded and 1 out than the best hitter on the team up with 2 men on and nobody out (b) didn't think any further than "man on 3rd less than 1 out good" or (c) wanted to teach Castro some time of old-timey lesson about giving himself up for the team. None of these options make me happy with Dale.

I know I'm overreacting but I thought we were done with shenanigans like this when Epstein was hired.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: May 15, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »

This gives me pause.

I like the idea of calling him "The Joe Mather."
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 15, 2012, 09:59:38 AM

This gives me pause.

Very Iron Sheik.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 15, 2012, 10:02:52 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 15, 2012, 09:59:38 AM

This gives me pause.

Very Iron Sheik.

The can be only one.