News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread  ( 171,885 )

LoneStarCubFan

Re: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »
Nice to know there is only one MLB-level pitcher out in the pen.

Nice work Jim.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 04:06:24 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on April 16, 2009, 03:56:29 PM
Nice to know there is only one MLB-level pitcher out in the pen.

Nice work Jim.

There's always Jeff Stevens, Chris Archer and John Gaub.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
Unrelated, but I can't understand a single damn word Mike Shannon says (I somehow wandered over to the St. Louis broadcast).  Seriously. 

Is this normal, or am I having a stroke?  Both?

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 04:16:34 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on April 16, 2009, 04:15:07 PM
Unrelated, but I can't understand a single damn word Mike Shannon says (I somehow wandered over to the St. Louis broadcast).  Seriously. 

Is this normal, or am I having a stroke?  Both?

He's usually drunk on the air.

Hell, he's usually drunk off the air. Ask him about how he helped Josh Hancock get to his car that night.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 04:24:47 PM »
My God.  He just mumbles and swallows the end of every sentence.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 04:40:53 PM »
AAA call-up candidates:  Jeff Samardzija, Jose Ascanio, Jeff Stevens, Chad Fox's severed arm, Greg Reinhard, Esmailin Caridad.

I had never heard of either Reinhard or Caridad before today.

I'm not pushing the panic button on the bullpen.  It's too early to jump on the hate bandwagon.  With baseball, things need time to evaluate, the bullpen especially.  But, still, ....
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 04:45:27 PM »
Quote from: Simmer on April 16, 2009, 04:40:53 PM
AAA call-up candidates:  Jeff Samardzija, Jose Ascanio, Jeff Stevens, Chad Fox's severed arm, Greg Reinhard, Esmailin Caridad.

I'm not pushing the panic button on the bullpen.  It's too early to jump on the hate bandwagon.  With baseball, things need time to evaluate, the bullpen especially.  But, still, ....

I'M DRIVING THE HATEMOBILE ON ANGER WHEELS!
Hire Jim Essian!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 16, 2009, 04:45:27 PM

IT'S FUELED BY DROPS OF PERSPIRATION COLLECTED FROM HUEY. PERSPIRATION THAT ACCUMULATED WHILE HE WAS FORCED TO INTERACT WITH JOHN MURRAY. ALSO, THE STEREO'S VOLUME KNOB FELL OFF WHICH IS REALLY FRUSTRATING AT TIMES.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 04:58:46 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 16, 2009, 04:54:04 PM

IT'S FUELED BY DROPS OF PERSPIRATION COLLECTED FROM HUEY. PERSPIRATION THAT ACCUMULATED WHILE HE WAS FORCED TO INTERACT WITH JOHN MURRAY. ALSO, THE STEREO'S VOLUME KNOB FELL OFF WHICH IS REALLY FRUSTRATING AT TIMES.

IT HAS GPS BUT THE DIRECTIONS ARE SPOKEN BY PRE WHO IS READING THEM FROM A WEEBS POST.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 05:17:02 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 16, 2009, 04:58:46 PM

IT HAS GPS BUT THE DIRECTIONS ARE SPOKEN BY PRE WHO IS READING THEM FROM A WEEBS POST.

RIDING IN THE BACK AND TELLING ME HOW TO DRIVE IS TDUBBS AT A TOTAL SAUSAGE PARTY, BRO.
Hire Jim Essian!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »
Hot damn I hate the shit out of this bullpen (except for Marmot) right now, but then again

Quote from: ~Apex on April 16, 2009, 07:29:31 PMIt's only two weeks.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 16, 2009, 08:23:52 PM
Hot damn I hate the shit out of this bullpen (except for Marmot) right now, but then again

Quote from: ~Apex on April 16, 2009, 07:29:31 PMIt's only two weeks.

Yeah, but I positive the HATEMOBILE.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 11:52:59 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 16, 2009, 05:17:02 PM

RIDING IN THE BACK AND TELLING ME HOW TO DRIVE IS TDUBBS AT A TOTAL SAUSAGE PARTY, BRO.

WHILE YOU WERE WAITING AT THAT RED LIGHT, HE OFFERED JOHN MADDEN A RIDE BACK TO HIS BUS. OH JESUS HE JUST BROKE YOUR DOOR HANDLE AND THAT OVERSTUFFED BAG HE'S CARRYING IS FULL OF INDIAN FOOD. WHERE IS THE BUS? NOBODY KNOWS--NOT EVEN WEEBS--AND MADDEN'S STARTING TO HUNGER.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 07:49:58 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 16, 2009, 11:52:59 PM

WHILE YOU WERE WAITING AT THAT RED LIGHT, HE OFFERED JOHN MADDEN A RIDE BACK TO HIS BUS. OH JESUS HE JUST BROKE YOUR DOOR HANDLE AND THAT OVERSTUFFED BAG HE'S CARRYING IS FULL OF INDIAN FOOD. WHERE IS THE BUS? NOBODY KNOWS--NOT EVEN WEEBS--AND MADDEN'S STARTING TO HUNGER.

What's ginna happen when Madden starts cutting curry farts?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 17, 2009, 07:49:58 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 16, 2009, 11:52:59 PM

What's ginna happen when Madden starts cutting curry farts?

The people in the immediate vicinity will experience an unpleasant smell.