News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread  ( 171,877 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 17, 2009, 08:41:00 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 17, 2009, 07:49:58 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 16, 2009, 11:52:59 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 16, 2009, 05:17:02 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 16, 2009, 04:58:46 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 16, 2009, 04:54:04 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 16, 2009, 04:45:27 PM
Quote from: Simmer on April 16, 2009, 04:40:53 PM
AAA call-up candidates:  Jeff Samardzija, Jose Ascanio, Jeff Stevens, Chad Fox's severed arm, Greg Reinhard, Esmailin Caridad.

I had never heard of either Reinhard or Caridad before today.

I'm not pushing the panic button on the bullpen.  It's too early to jump on the hate bandwagon.  With baseball, things need time to evaluate, the bullpen especially.  But, still, ....

I'M DRIVING THE HATEMOBILE ON ANGER WHEELS!

IT'S FUELED BY DROPS OF PERSPIRATION COLLECTED FROM HUEY. PERSPIRATION THAT ACCUMULATED WHILE HE WAS FORCED TO INTERACT WITH JOHN MURRAY. ALSO, THE STEREO'S VOLUME KNOB FELL OFF WHICH IS REALLY FRUSTRATING AT TIMES.

IT HAS GPS BUT THE DIRECTIONS ARE SPOKEN BY PRE WHO IS READING THEM FROM A WEEBS POST.

RIDING IN THE BACK AND TELLING ME HOW TO DRIVE IS TDUBBS AT A TOTAL SAUSAGE PARTY, BRO.

WHILE YOU WERE WAITING AT THAT RED LIGHT, HE OFFERED JOHN MADDEN A RIDE BACK TO HIS BUS. OH JESUS HE JUST BROKE YOUR DOOR HANDLE AND THAT OVERSTUFFED BAG HE'S CARRYING IS FULL OF INDIAN FOOD. WHERE IS THE BUS? NOBODY KNOWS--NOT EVEN WEEBS--AND MADDEN'S STARTING TO HUNGER.

What's ginna happen when Madden starts cutting curry farts?

The people in the immediate vicinity will experience an unpleasant smell.

define "immediate".

Details, dammit, I need DETAILS!!!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 09:47:33 AM »
I AM SO PISSED THAT THE HATEMOBILE FORGOT TO PICK ME UP THIS MORNING! I HAD HITCH A RIDE ON PANK'S BUS! THE ELEVATOR ON THE SIDE WAS COOL, BUT NOW I HAVE CHEERIOS IN MY HAIR AND A BRUISE FROM A SPECIAL OLYMPICS BOWLING MEDAL THAT SOMEONE THREW AT ME!!!!!!!!!!
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »
Kevin Gregg just shit his pants and doesn't know why.

pisomojado8

• Chocolate Salty Balls
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 03:54:03 PM »
This Dave Smith Kevin Gregg guy should get the jorb done.  No problem.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

hammerman

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »
Neal fucking Cotts.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 06:51:40 PM »
Quote from: hammerman on April 18, 2009, 04:47:43 PM
Neal fucking Cotts.

8 pitches.  All balls.

Time to fire up the Greyhound to Des Moines.

Or just cut his ass.  Whatever. 
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 02:35:51 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 18, 2009, 06:51:40 PM
Quote from: hammerman on April 18, 2009, 04:47:43 PM
Neal fucking Cotts.

8 pitches.  All balls.

Time to fire up the Greyhound to Des Moines.

Or just cut his ass.  Whatever. 
After the first three didn't we all know what the next five would be?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

EVILteddie

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 05:34:23 AM »
Kevin Gregg was definitly the balls yesterday. Maybe people will stop trying to toss him out after a week now >.>
2 7 19 31 33 88

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 08:22:18 AM »
Quote from: EVILteddie on April 19, 2009, 05:34:23 AM
Kevin Gregg was definitly the balls yesterday. Maybe people will stop trying to toss him out after a week now >.>
That was one good outing out of 6.   Did he do good yesterday?  Yeah.   Is it enough to merit me not wanting him to headbutt a moving bus.   No.   
You know what he showed me?   The ability to do the job,   which makes me hate him more for not doing it in the 5 previous tries.     

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »
Yesterday's game managed to make me not hate Gregg and Miles. On the other hand, the Cotts and Gathwrong Wrath-O-Meters are at danger levels.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 11:40:39 AM »
Quote from: RV on April 19, 2009, 11:32:23 AM
Yesterday's game managed to make me not hate Gregg and Miles. On the other hand, the Cotts and Gathwrong Wrath-O-Meters are at danger levels.

I have no real beef with Gathright because I expect him to suck. He has 3 full at bats now, maybe? That's fine with me.

Cotts on the other hand, would be wise to just retire to save himself future embarrassment.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 19, 2009, 11:40:39 AM

I have no real beef with Gathright because I expect him to suck. He has 3 full at bats now, maybe? That's fine with me.

Cotts on the other hand, would be wise to just retire to save himself future embarrassment.

Yeah I guess I don't hate Gathright, just the idea that he's on the team instead of someone who can actually hit. Maybe he'll hit .300 again like he did a couple years ago and steal bases as efficiently as he did last year and I won't have to loathe him.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 05:12:51 PM »
One thing I noticed with Gregg yesterday, is that it looked like his throwing motion was starting earlier, instead of hiking his arm straight up in the air right away.  As a result, his fastballs had better location and movement, an improvement over being SPIKED straight into the effin' ground.

When his arm starts behind him, instead of at ear-level, his release point is earlier.  That's what we want him to stick with.  When he's doing that "ear-level" bullshit, his release point is very near his shoelaces.

If Larry Rothschild is in any way responsible for this adjustment in his mechanics, I will begin to question the world that I live in.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 06:26:34 PM »
Quote from: Simmer on April 19, 2009, 05:12:51 PM
One thing I noticed with Gregg yesterday, is that it looked like his throwing motion was starting earlier, instead of hiking his arm straight up in the air right away.  As a result, his fastballs had better location and movement, an improvement over being SPIKED straight into the effin' ground.

When his arm starts behind him, instead of at ear-level, his release point is earlier.  That's what we want him to stick with.  When he's doing that "ear-level" bullshit, his release point is very near his shoelaces.

If Larry Rothschild is in any way responsible for this adjustment in his mechanics, I will begin to question the world that I live in.

It was Dave Duncan. He's not selfish enough to keep his brilliance to just one team.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 19, 2009, 11:40:39 AM

Or a serious face-punching by Lou.  This bullpen can't be good for his heart.
Hire Jim Essian!