News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread  ( 171,943 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 15, 2009, 09:49:51 PM »
Quote from: Tank on June 15, 2009, 09:30:52 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 15, 2009, 08:56:01 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 15, 2009, 08:50:35 PM
There's some good news and bad news here:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Kevin%20Hart&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=453954

The stats are quite encouraging, particularly that 1.08 WHIP. The facial hair will cause me to hop off this dude's bandwagon even as it careens toward Wrigley hell bent for election.

He looks like a villain from the silent film era.

Or this guy...

I am the walrus.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »
Quote from: Tank on June 15, 2009, 09:30:52 PM
Quote from: Slak on June 15, 2009, 08:56:01 PM

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Kevin%20Hart&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=453954

The stats are quite encouraging, particularly that 1.08 WHIP. The facial hair will cause me to hop off this dude's bandwagon even as it careens toward Wrigley hell bent for election.

He looks like a villain from the silent film era.

Or this guy...

I thought those guys broke up!

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: June 16, 2009, 10:18:43 AM »

Nice blood strainer.
Hire Jim Essian!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »
Thanks a lot, mouthbreather.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

pisomojado8

• Chocolate Salty Balls
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: June 23, 2009, 08:44:47 PM »
How many more blown saves and hanging breaking balls do we have to see out of this guy before Piniella gets a clue that this dude ain't got what it takes to close?  If You Seek Amy!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2009, 08:50:49 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on May 16, 2009, 02:44:46 PM
BOOOOOOO!!! Kevin Gregg!! BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Fuck him.  And Boo.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2009, 08:52:34 PM »
All this. Walk the leadoff hitter, hang a curveball. Lose the game.

Then again, who's a better choice to close the game among the junk in the bullpen?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: June 23, 2009, 09:02:59 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 23, 2009, 08:52:34 PM

Then again, who's a better choice to close the game among the junk in the bullpen?

AngeDL Guzman?

Let's be honest, we'd all feel a lot better if it had been Kerry Wood who'd blown that save.  At least he gets it.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2009, 09:17:15 PM »
Kevin Gregg master of the big fat homerun pitch.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: June 23, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 23, 2009, 08:52:34 PM

Bruce Sutter?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2009, 12:03:20 AM »
Gregg's blown like 3 or 4 of these games.  Most of your run-of-the-mill closers will blow about 6 to 8 of these games in a season.  Kevin Gregg is not elite--hell, he has to have his mittens pinned to his jacket in the winter--but  he's actually performed about what you'd expect out of a guy who's not the Fruitbat, not KRod, not the claymation version of Burl Ives from "Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer" (C'mon, work with me here).  He's certainly no worse than Kerry Wood.  This game sucked, but I'm-a-going to refrain from calling for this tard's head just yet.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2009, 09:06:56 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 24, 2009, 12:03:20 AM
Gregg's blown like 3 or 4 of these games.  Most of your run-of-the-mill closers will blow about 6 to 8 of these games in a season.  Kevin Gregg is not elite--hell, he has to have his mittens pinned to his jacket in the winter--but  he's actually performed about what you'd expect out of a guy who's not the Fruitbat, not KRod, not the claymation version of Burl Ives from "Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer" (C'mon, work with me here).  He's certainly no worse than Kerry Wood.  This game sucked, but I'm-a-going to refrain from calling for this tard's head just yet.

Huard you beautiful bastard.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: June 24, 2009, 09:27:16 AM »
Quote from: Slak on June 24, 2009, 09:06:56 AM

Huey is an idiot. How dare he not call for the tard to be tard and feathered. The guy had the nerve to blow a save after being the Cubs best reliever this month. And he's right around 80% in converting save opportunities, about what you'd expect from an average closer. What a gutless asshole.

Edited to note that morph already covered Tardface's acceptable averageness in the Gregg thread.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: June 24, 2009, 09:35:11 AM »
Quote from: RV on June 24, 2009, 09:27:16 AM
Quote from: Slak on June 24, 2009, 09:06:56 AM

Huey is an idiot. How dare he not call for the tard to be tard and tarted feathered.

IAN'd
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: June 24, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »
I think the only reason Huey isn't calling for Gregg's head is the sheer size of it.  Holy crap, you'd need a semi to haul that thing home.