News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Derrek Lee Total Sploogefest Love-a-Thon Thread  ( 76,013 )

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Derrek Lee Total Sploogefest Love-a-Thon Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2005, 09:38:08 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 03, 2005, 08:11:03 AM
Probably none, this is the same Chip who tried to give Derrek's Gold Glove away to Albie all last year.

Look at the ground he covers!

From "here" to                                                                                 "here!"

</joebuck>

Yah mo B there!

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2005, 10:06:55 AM »
If I had to play for the other team, DLee would probably do it for me.  I guess.  Not that I've spent a lot of time on the matter.

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2005, 09:27:13 PM »
Geezus. Yet another bump.
RETIRED

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2005, 10:23:29 PM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on June 14, 2005, 09:27:13 PM
Geezus. Yet another bump.

At the game, I was praying for the fifth at bat.  When the ball went to the gap, I was hoping he was busting ass for the cycle.  He jogged in for a double, standing at second before the ball got to the cut-off man.  Any comentary as to whether he had a chance for the cycle?  Couldn't tell live.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2005, 10:29:59 PM »
The ball looked like it was going to stick in the ivy, then dropped out.  He'd have had third if he wanted it.  He either didn't know or didn't care.

All I know is that right now, nobody's as good at this playing baseball thing as Derrek Lee.

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2005, 10:44:59 PM »
Derrek looks like a triple crown contender except that the two guys batting ahead of him (Neifi and Corey) ain't getting on base.  It's hurting his RBI total. 

Chuck

• Alumnus, Class of '85 - T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2005, 10:52:19 PM »
Quote from: Brian on June 14, 2005, 10:23:29 PM
Any comentary as to whether he had a chance for the cycle?  Couldn't tell live.
Derrek himself said that he's got a minor injury.  No need to chase personal stats and risk getting hurt.

Sammy Sosa, aprised of the comments, said, "Dumbass."

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2005, 10:54:51 PM »
Chuck, was his comment in context of "why didn't you go for the triple?"   If he has a minor injury, may we all be so cursed.

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2005, 11:08:40 PM »
A deadbeat like K-Patt could learn a thing or two from Lee. As good a hitter as he is, as big a slugger as he is, what does Lee do over and over again? Go with the pitch, just drive it nice and easy to right center field, over and over again. The pitcher gets sick of that crap, decides to bust Lee inside instead, and cruncho--Waveland Avenue.

Going oppo creates the HR opportunities to the pull field Korey, you worthless, uncoachable dumabass moran.
RETIRED

Laura

• College of Coaches
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2005, 12:59:19 AM »
Quote from: Brian on June 14, 2005, 10:23:29 PM
At the game, I was praying for the fifth at bat.  When the ball went to the gap, I was hoping he was busting ass for the cycle.  He jogged in for a double, standing at second before the ball got to the cut-off man.  Any comentary as to whether he had a chance for the cycle?  Couldn't tell live.

He could have had it if he had wanted it.

He's such a freakin stud that hitting for the cycle with a 10+ run lead was beneath him.

Laura

• College of Coaches
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2005, 01:01:47 AM »
Quote from: Brian on June 14, 2005, 10:44:59 PM
Derrek looks like a triple crown contender except that the two guys batting ahead of him (Neifi and Corey) ain't getting on base.  It's hurting his RBI total. 

Neifi is the ultimate streak hitter.  It's all or nothing for him.

Corey ... if he can't hit batting in front of DLee, I shudder to think what will happen when he's batting 8th. 

Maybe Z can protect him.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2005, 01:21:47 AM »
Quote from: Laura on June 15, 2005, 01:01:47 AM

Maybe Z can protect him.

Z can protect anybody.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

forklift

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2005, 02:59:25 AM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on June 14, 2005, 11:08:40 PM
A deadbeat like K-Patt could learn a thing or two from Lee. As good a hitter as he is, as big a slugger as he is, what does Lee do over and over again? Go with the pitch, just drive it nice and easy to right center field, over and over again. The pitcher gets sick of that crap, decides to bust Lee inside instead, and cruncho--Waveland Avenue.

Going oppo creates the HR opportunities to the pull field Korey, you worthless, uncoachable dumabass moran.

Keeping your swing inside the strike zone is a good thing too...if you swing at crap, there's very little incentive for a pitcher to throw you strikes...

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2005, 04:14:51 AM »
Quote from: forklift on June 15, 2005, 02:59:25 AM
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on June 14, 2005, 11:08:40 PM

Keeping your swing inside the strike zone is a good thing too...if you swing at crap, there's very little incentive for a pitcher to throw you strikes...

And being selective too...did you catch Len's comment on Lee during tonight's game after his homer? That was just the third time the entire SEASON Lee has swung at a 3-0 pitch. Dammit, the most maddening thing about most Cubs players for several years now is that they are so damn impatient at the plate. When will they learn that being selective, good things happen as a result?
RETIRED

Chuck

• Alumnus, Class of '85 - T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2005, 08:13:21 AM »
Quote from: Brian on June 14, 2005, 10:54:51 PM
Chuck, was his comment in context of "why didn't you go for the triple?" 
Exactly.