News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bar-b-Q?  ( 59,669 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bar-b-Q?
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 19, 2011, 07:12:17 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 19, 2011, 06:49:40 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 19, 2011, 05:47:29 PM
Still, I miss Chicago, and you guys.  Can I come back?

Only if you promise to introduce us to Fiona Gubelmann.

And give us a recap of the Chicago visit for those of us that weren't there for all of it.
You lazy fucking numpty.

Yeah, I ought to get to that, really.  I'm back to work tomorrow so I should have plenty of time then.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
The pulled pork at Subway isn't very great.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2011, 07:35:41 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 10, 2011, 02:27:30 PM
The pulled pork at Subway isn't very great.

Shocking.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
Just wanted to give you guys a recap on where I went...

First stop was Lem's - a spicy BBQ joint on the south side.  Ribs and hot links were great if you like sweet and spicy sauce.  Fries were atrocious.  They should've provided plastic cutlery, but no dice.  While there, a dude walked up to our car and asked me if I could spare 60 cents.

Second stop was Hot Doug's, which serves ridiculous gourmet hot dogs.  We shared the foie gras hot dog and a dog with roasted garlic and rosemary.  The dogs were good, but not anywhere near the best we've had.  Also the place was infested with hipster doofuses and it took us a good 1.5 hours of standing in line to get served.

Third stop was Giordano's pizza.  Good deep dish.  I'm sure there's better out there but it did in a pinch. 

Fourth stop was XOCO, a Rick Bayless restaurant.  Food was delicious as you might expect.  Probably the best meal of the trip.

Well, second best.  On our last day in Chicago we found by chance this delightful little restaurant on Michigan that served a wide variety of cheesecake delicacies.  Four stars - a total find.
M'lady.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2011, 02:46:08 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 12, 2011, 02:24:08 PM

First stop was Lem's - a spicy BBQ joint on the south side.  Ribs and hot links were great if you like sweet and spicy sauce.  Fries were atrocious.  They should've provided plastic cutlery, but no dice.  While there, a dude walked up to our car and asked me if I could spare 60 cents.

Second stop was Hot Doug's, which serves ridiculous gourmet hot dogs.  We shared the foie gras hot dog and a dog with roasted garlic and rosemary.   The dogs were good, but not anywhere near the best we've had.  Also the place was infested with hipster doofuses and it took us a good 1.5 hours of standing in line to get served.

Third stop was Giordano's pizza.  Good deep dish.  I'm sure there's better out there but it did in a pinch. 

Fourth stop was XOCO, a Rick Bayless restaurant.  Food was delicious as you might expect.  Probably the best meal of the trip.

Well, second best.  On our last day in Chicago we found by chance this delightful little restaurant on Michigan that served a wide variety of cheesecake delicacies.  Four stars - a total find.

You stood in line for 1.5 hours to share a fucking hot dog?  Go back to Canada you molester of children.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2011, 03:23:57 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 12, 2011, 02:46:08 PM

Second stop was Hot Doug's, which serves ridiculous gourmet hot dogs.  We shared the foie gras hot dog and a dog with roasted garlic and rosemary.   The dogs were good, but not anywhere near the best we've had.  Also the place was infested with hipster doofuses and it took us a good 1.5 hours of standing in line to get served.

You stood in line for 1.5 hours to share a fucking hot dog?  Go back to Canada you molester of children.

Serious question - I thought foie gras was illegal in Chicago?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2011, 03:36:42 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 12, 2011, 03:23:57 PM

My understanding is that it was, but Hot Doug's used it anyway.  But apparently they rescinded the law against it in the not too recent past.
M'lady.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2011, 04:03:10 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 12, 2011, 02:24:08 PMWhile there, a dude walked up to our car and asked me if I could spare 60 cents.

OMG... Isn't Chicago CRAZY?!

Quote from: Canadouche on August 12, 2011, 02:24:08 PMFourth stop was XOCO, a Rick Bayless restaurant.  Food was delicious as you might expect.  Probably the best meal of the trip.

XOCO is indeed some of the most legit lunch food there is.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 12, 2011, 04:03:10 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 12, 2011, 02:24:08 PMWhile there, a dude walked up to our car and asked me if I could spare 60 cents.

OMG... Isn't Chicago CRAZY?!

Quote from: Canadouche on August 12, 2011, 02:24:08 PMFourth stop was XOCO, a Rick Bayless restaurant.  Food was delicious as you might expect.  Probably the best meal of the trip.

XOCO is indeed some of the most legit lunch food there is.

Kurt gave him a loonie and told him to keep the change.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 12, 2011, 03:23:57 PM

The ban died a merciful death in 2008 after it was realized it was making Chicago more of a laughingstock than the cubs usually do.  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-foie-gras-ban-perspective,0,3199140.story

Pretty sure that Doug Sohn (the hot Doug) may have gotten the only Foie Gras ticket ever issued in Chicago.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »
We are arriving Sunday afternoon.  My conference is at the Fairmont Millenium.  On Sunday night we have reservations at Joe's Stone Crab.  Two trips ago we went to Smoque in Albany Park.  I see that now they are at 3800 Pulaski.  What is the word on Smoque lately?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 18, 2012, 06:07:44 PM
We are arriving Sunday afternoon.  My conference is at the Fairmont Millenium.  On Sunday night we have reservations at Joe's Stone Crab.  Two trips ago we went to Smoque in Albany Park.  I see that now they are at 3800 Pulaski.  What is the word on Smoque lately?

Still there still solid.  If you are that far north (or anyone in general) The portage on Irving and Central though it's not BBQ is pretty darn good in it's own right.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 18, 2012, 06:07:44 PM

Stone crab is out of season as of 5/15 Stew.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »
Got to Joe's as well as Roy's  (the one in Honolulu is better) and a few other places.  I had a horrible cold and had absolutely no sense of smell, therefore I could only taste salt and sweet.  I spent four days in your beautiful city without enjoying anything that I ate.  Drank various Goose Island beers, though.  I could taste them.  I did some picketing outside of the Hyatt Regency on Tuesday as part of my "In your face"  liberal lawyers' conference. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2012, 12:21:08 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 24, 2012, 08:54:18 PM
Got to Joe's as well as Roy's  (the one in Honolulu is better) and a few other places.   I had a horrible cold and had absolutely no sense of smell, therefore I could only taste salt and sweet.  I spent four days in your beautiful city without enjoying anything that I ate.  Drank various Goose Island beers, though.  I could taste them.  I did some picketing outside of the Hyatt Regency on Tuesday as part of my "In your face"  liberal lawyers' conference.

I went to a bunch of chain restaurants.

Something smarmy'd