News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  ( 132,866 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #255 on: November 03, 2008, 08:16:15 PM »
Despite the fact that DeVito is occasionally funny, and overall has been better than he was in season 2, he still has no purpose on this show.  It's tolerable when he's part of the main story in an episode, but when they give him his own story, it's just a waste of time.  I don't want to spend 5-7 of the 22 minutes watching a mediocre DeVito when I can see the full 22 minutes watching four of the best characters ever put on television.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: November 03, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 03, 2008, 08:16:15 PM
Despite the fact that DeVito is occasionally funny, and overall has been better than he was in season 2, he still has no purpose on this show.  It's tolerable when he's part of the main story in an episode, but when they give him his own story, it's just a waste of time.  I don't want to spend 5-7 of the 22 minutes watching a mediocre DeVito when I can see the full 22 minutes watching four of the best characters ever put on television.

You see Kerm? You and Weebs agree on a sitcom.

I hope you're proud.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2008, 10:01:18 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 03, 2008, 08:18:11 PM

I hope you're proud.

I was about to post something similar, but I'm standing by my position.

CD is right about the scene when DeVito comes into the apartment, wolfs the cat food, and immediately tries to go to bed.  That was hysterical.  But it's outweighed by a bunch of bad scenes (in my opinion).  The Cuckoo's Nest subplot last week was just a waste of time we could have better spent watching Mac and Charlie "work" in the mailroom or Dennis and Dee "work out."  And the "poop" episode, which was largely DeVito-centric, was the only episode in the series that I actually did not like.

You'll never convince me to like DeVito!  Don't tread on me!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2008, 10:14:25 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on November 05, 2008, 10:01:18 AM

I hope you're proud.

CD is right about the scene when DeVito comes into the apartment, wolfs the cat food, and immediately tries to go to bed.  That was hysterical.  But it's outweighed by a bunch of bad scenes (in my opinion).  The Cuckoo's Nest subplot last week was just a waste of time we could have better spent watching Mac and Charlie "work" in the mailroom or Dennis and Dee "work out."  And the "poop" episode, which was largely DeVito-centric, was the only episode in the series that I actually did not like.

Don't like DeVito?  Watch a few Taxi episodes.  You will.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2008, 10:15:45 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 05, 2008, 10:14:25 AM

I hope you're proud.

Who am I, Chuck?

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on November 05, 2008, 10:15:45 AM

I hope you're proud.

Who am I, Chuck?

No, you're Kerm.

I'm Chuck.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2008, 08:27:36 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 05, 2008, 10:29:40 AM
Quote from: Kerm on November 05, 2008, 10:15:45 AM

I hope you're proud.

Who am I, Chuck?

No, you're Kerm.

I'm Chuck.

I'm Chuck, and so's my wife.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: November 06, 2008, 09:47:26 PM »
Oh my fucking god - when they blew Rickety Cricket's head off I almost pooed myself.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2008, 10:26:45 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 06, 2008, 09:47:26 PM
Oh my fucking god - when they blew Rickety Cricket's head off I almost pooed myself.

I was impressed that they committed themselves so fully to that episode.  It was awesome.  Mac with the wooden teeth was yet another great moment when they let us wonder what the hell was going on for a couple of minutes before Dennis pointed it out.  And I loved how Mac still wore a sleeveless shirt in 1776.

Oh, and when they cut back to them telling the story to the lady at the historical society and they were all acting it out, I was dying.  As I was when Dennis and Mac were practicing their English accents.  "Yeeeeeeeeesssssss."

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2008, 03:02:38 PM »
I'm not reading this thread because I'm back in season 3, but I would like to note I saw a guy in a full, perfect GreenMan costume over halloween and it was amazing.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
Dennis and Charlie were awesome in this episode, but the Mac/Dee kidnapping storyline seemed like a rehash of the one where they kidnap that critic.  The scene where they actually break in to kidnap the family, however, was quite awesome.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2008, 11:49:30 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 13, 2008, 11:09:46 PM
Dennis and Charlie were awesome in this episode, but the Mac/Dee kidnapping storyline seemed like a rehash of the one where they kidnap that critic.  The scene where they actually break in to kidnap the family, however, was quite awesome.

Their faces were horrifying during that scene, and Charlie's rabid defense of Ty Pennington and Sears was incredible.  I honestly feel like the writers could choose any two of the main four, pair them off, and put them in any scenario, and I would love it.  All four of them are really outstanding comedic actors.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on November 17, 2008, 11:49:30 AM

Their faces were horrifying during that scene, and Charlie's rabid defense of Ty Pennington and Sears was incredible.  I honestly feel like the writers could choose any two of the main four, pair them off, and put them in any scenario, and I would love it.  All four of them are really outstanding comedic actors.

You know Mac, Dennis, and Charlie do the majority of the writing, right?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2008, 12:59:25 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 17, 2008, 12:56:24 PM

That's why the show is so great.  It's basically those three writing and producing almost all the episodes (there's a fourth guy that writes a bit too), so they know exactly how to play into their strengths. 

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 17, 2008, 12:56:24 PM

I probably should have.  Why doesn't Sweet Dee get to write?  Sexists.