News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Moron Mariotti  ( 20,232 )

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Moron Mariotti
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 10, 2009, 03:13:25 PM
Quote from: CT III on December 10, 2009, 02:51:07 PM
I love you, TJ Brown.

This.

This is amazing.  I will for you to become Pope, if you wish.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 11:16:43 AM »
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/08/espn-personality-jay-mariotti-arrested.html

August 21, 2010 |  8:17 am

ESPN personalities and sports columnist Jay Mariotti was arrested overnight by Los Angeles police officers in the Pacific division.

He was booked on suspicion of a felony, but officials would not provide further details.

A source with knowledge of the case described it as a domestic disturbance charge involving his girlfriend. He was being held on $50,000 bail.

Mariotti is a well-known sports commentator who can be seen on the ESPN show "Around the Horn." He also writes for a sports website called Fanhouse.com. Known for his outspoken views, he used to write a sports column for the Denver Post and the Chicago Sun-Times.

Details of the arrest were not immediately available.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 11:30:23 AM »
Quote from: Poon on August 21, 2010, 11:16:43 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/08/espn-personality-jay-mariotti-arrested.html

August 21, 2010 |  8:17 am

ESPN personalities and sports columnist Jay Mariotti was arrested overnight by Los Angeles police officers in the Pacific division.

He was booked on suspicion of a felony, but officials would not provide further details.

A source with knowledge of the case described it as a domestic disturbance charge involving his girlfriend. He was being held on $50,000 bail.

Mariotti is a well-known sports commentator who can be seen on the ESPN show "Around the Horn." He also writes for a sports website called Fanhouse.com. Known for his outspoken views, he used to write a sports column for the Denver Post and the Chicago Sun-Times.

Details of the arrest were not immediately available.

Wait.  Whoa.  Just a second.

He's not ghey?

I thought that he...  aw fuck it.  Never mind.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »

Maybe she was kicking his ass and they arrested him for his own protection.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 01:45:55 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 21, 2010, 12:49:02 PM

Maybe she was kicking his ass and they arrested him for his own protection.

SLAP FIGHT!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »
12 hours in jail.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 21, 2010, 04:38:53 PM
12 hours in jail.

Made a bitch 25 times.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »
I hope he gets convicted whether he did anything wrong or not and sentenced to at least a year in prison where gets face raped 10 times per day.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 22, 2010, 03:16:35 PM
I hope he gets convicted whether he did anything wrong or not and sentenced to at least a year in prison where gets face raped 10 times per day.

Rape requires one party to be unwilling.
TIME TO POST!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 07:26:06 PM »
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 07:39:05 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 22, 2010, 04:19:23 PM

Or underage.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
Let's hear from the conscience of our nation, Jay Mariotti, on the subject of domestic violence:

QuoteAt a time when domestic violence never has been a more pressing issue - and largely involves the sporting genre - Phillips begins the new year as a horrid symbol of why the problem still isn't taken seriously enough.

Pummel the girl, play in the big game, do your touchdown moonwalk, revive your pro career. Afterward, say, "I knew we would wear them down. It feels good to be with my team and win another national championship." What a fine statement for young America.

QuoteThe White Sox spent $55 million on Albert Belle. Never has it seemed a more tragic waste of money than today. Where has this grand investment taken them? How has it benefited the team's sagging relationship with the community? They've been a lame club since he arrived. Only recently has he begun to produce like a big-time power hitter. He has been a colossal jerk in the clubhouse, anathema to Sox fans who tried to like him but gave up.

And now, we have the first Chicago-related allegation that he has become what his surly reputation suggested.

A menace to society.

With a convicted wife-beater playing first base and enough public-relations problems to threaten their extinction, the last thing the Sox needed was an off-the-field incident involving Belle. Now they have that albatross, too, after the temperamental, ever-troubled slugger allegedly punched a 25-year-old woman in the back, twisted her arm, knocked her to the floor and ripped a telephone cord out of the wall as she attempted to call 911 for help. When she tried to rise, assistant state's attorney David Coleman said, Belle pushed her back down.

QuoteThen who was the person who admitted to beating his wife last June in Boston? The person who, police say, left dried blood on his wife's nose and red marks on her throat and arms? The person who allegedly threatened to kill her as the authorities hauled him away? The person who pleaded guilty to four charges, including felony assault and battery with a dangerous weapon?

It was you, Wilfredo Cordero. In a matter of days, he will be heading to Chicago, eager to deliver timely hits and play first base for the White Sox. And accompanying Cordero will be the woman he hit, Ana Echevarria, who is trying to rebuild their marriage after the frightening episode of domestic abuse and allegations of other incidents.

QuoteWelcome to Chicago, city of no conscience. Welcome to Chicago, where an admitted wife-beater can become an instant hero by wrapping those same fists around a fastball. Once upon a time, we were best known for pizza, architecture, Michael Jordan, nightlife, neighborhoods, TV skits, a big lake.

Not anymore. Today, we are known as the halfway house for wayward, troubled athletes with horrible tempers and wicked manners. Give us your domestic abusers, your trick-or-treat attackers, your head-butters, your drug-users, your ref-terrorists, your bat- corkers, your groin-kickers, your spectator-punchers, your .44 Magnum-carriers.
more...

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »

QuoteThe timing of Wil Cordero couldn't be worse. Randy Moss knows. He has been trying, with a precise public-relations plan, to convince Chicago he won't be a menace to society if the Bears draft him. You know, that he has matured since allegedly striking the mother of his daughter, stomping a student in a race-related brawl, smoking pot and serving 93 days in jail.

But now comes the outrageously irresponsible signing of Cordero, an admitted wife-beater who joins the White Sox today. And with it comes the reality that the Bears, already riding the morality fence on Moss, cannot choose him with the fifth selection of the first round without a horrific outcry.

(By the way, Mariotti was right. It would have sucked to see Moss instead of the immortal Curtis Enis drafted.

Quoteever mind the message his selection sends to young hoop players: Toss a chair, quit with 1.8 seconds left, still make the Dream Team. Never mind what it says to society: Keep a loaded gun in your Range Rover, pile up police reports involving domestic abuse, call Chicago fans racists, still make the Dream Team. All the corporate suits know is, he can go coast-to-coast and jam better than anyone else out there. Make sure he's in Atlanta, they demand.

Pippen is on the edge of 30. One of these years, you hope he grows up. Yet the last we saw him, not long before an assault charge was dropped by his now-former fiancee, he was speeding far above the limit on Lake Shore Drive, top down, shirt off. Hopefully, one of his current representatives will have a heart-to-heart with him before Atlanta. You know, don't shame the country.

QuoteA domestic abuser is not a hero in any arena. When a group of crude, drunken fans in Boston taunted him with chants of "Wife Beater! Wife Beater!" last week, I felt bad that Kidd's wife, Joumana, and the couple's 3-year-old son, T.J., had to endure such courtside harassment. Victims of violence shouldn't be subjected to cruel reminders.

That said, did I feel bad for Kidd?

Not really.

This is the baggage he inherited, the scrutiny that never will fade.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 11:37:33 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on August 22, 2010, 07:39:05 PM

Or underage.

Intrepid Reader: Irish Yeti
Hi.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on August 23, 2010, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: powen01 on August 22, 2010, 07:39:05 PM

Or underage.

Intrepid Reader: Irish Yeti
Hi. A/S/L?