News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Moron Mariotti  ( 20,234 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Moron Mariotti
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 12:02:10 PM »
Mr. Mariotti has pleaded no contest to charges involving domestic violence.  No doubt there is a deal relative to sentencing.  That is not the story that interests me.  His lawyer, who is with a major business law firm in LA, is a member of the Los Angeles Police Commission, a group whose function it is to guaranty the right of citizens to oversee the Police Department.  Questions are being raised about the apparent conflict created when a person whose job it is to investigate the police has a financial interest in the outcome of a criminal case.  We are being assured that there is nothing unusual about the deal that Mr. Mariotti is going to get.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 12, 2010, 12:02:10 PM
Mr. Mariotti has pleaded no contest to charges involving domestic violence.  No doubt there is a deal relative to sentencing.  That is not the story that interests me.  His lawyer, who is with a major business law firm in LA, is a member of the Los Angeles Police Commission, a group whose function it is to guaranty the right of citizens to oversee the Police Department.  Questions are being raised about the apparent conflict created when a person whose job it is to investigate the police has a financial interest in the outcome of a criminal case.  We are being assured that there is nothing unusual about the deal that Mr. Mariotti is going to get.

Why did I hear 3 years suspended sentance? Has the sentance really not come in yet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5634344
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 12, 2010, 12:07:53 PM

Why did I hear 3 years suspended sentance? Has the sentance really not come in yet?

You are right.  The focus of the news now is how the deal came about, not what it was.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 12, 2010, 12:17:39 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 12, 2010, 12:07:53 PM

You are right.  The focus of the news now is how the deal came about, not what it was.

So the D.A. says, "Drop the investigation against Buzzy McPlungerseat and we'll let Jhey off with probation." Fucking lawyers.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 11, 2011, 09:06:36 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2011, 06:44:07 PM
Bump http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/05/espn-personality-jay-mariotti-charged-with-felony-stalking-and-assault-after-allegedly-confronting-ex-girlfriend.html

I see, based on tonight, that you're unfamiliar with link shortening.

I'm familiar with it, but why go through that effort? This isn't twitter. I don't have to obey your linking norms.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2011, 09:11:24 PM
Bump http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/05/espn-personality-jay-mariotti-charged-with-felony-stalking-and-assault-after-allegedly-confronting-ex-girlfriend.html

I'm familiar with it, but why go through that effort? This isn't twitter. I don't have to obey your linking norms.

Your disregard for aesthetics will not go unpunished.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 08:43:23 AM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 08:54:50 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 12, 2011, 08:43:23 AM

Yes, this was difficult.

If it required more steps than "Copy" "Paste," I fail to see where I'm wrong. I'm not arguing that it's a herculean task to shorten a link, I'm saying why do it? This isn't twitter. There's no limitation on how many characters I can use, so go through any extra step whatsoever? I'm sorry I have apparently melted your eyeballs with my boorish refusal to obey proper decorum. This place used to be about SPORTZ, dammit.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 09:09:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 12, 2011, 08:54:50 AM

Yes, this was difficult.

If it required more steps than "Copy" "Paste," I fail to see where I'm wrong. I'm not arguing that it's a herculean task to shorten a link, I'm saying why do it? This isn't twitter. There's no limitation on how many characters I can use, so go through any extra step whatsoever? I'm sorry I have apparently melted your eyeballs with my boorish refusal to obey proper decorum. This place used to be about SPORTZ, dammit.

I heard somebody, somewhere say that Jay Cutler was a pussy. 

GO GET 'EM, TIGER!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 09:13:15 AM »
Quote from: Bort on May 12, 2011, 09:09:14 AM

Yes, this was difficult.

I heard somebody, somewhere say that Jay Cutler was a pussy. 

GO GET 'EM, TIGER! LION EYE!

(||)'d

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 09:18:01 AM »

Yes, this was difficult.

To be fair, I do believe there is a limitation on how many characters you can use in a post.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
This ex-girlfriend must have been really great. Attractive. Nice. Snappy dancer. Lots of zazz.