News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Aardsma  ( 17,423 )

berserker

Re: Aardsma
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2006, 12:04:31 AM »
Quote from: JD on April 01, 2006, 06:18:47 PM
I caught it.  I liked Brownlie, too.  He's got a hard curve and bushy sideburns.

Have the Cubs had a good pair of sideburns since Milt Pappas' awesome mutton chops?

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2006, 05:17:20 PM »
Quote from: JD on March 28, 2006, 04:09:23 PM
Put another shrimp on the barbie is what I say

Insulting English food and then complimenting Aussie food 3 or 4 post later is hilarious.  I've never been to the UK, but I can't imagine the food is much worse.  Everything is bland and some of the combinations are atrocious.  Fried egg and pineapple on a hamburger?  And I don't know if any of you have tried Vegemite, but it is bloody awful.  Although, I must admit I am developing a taste for beet root, which is on anything remotely sandwich-like.

berserker

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2006, 03:49:02 PM »

Just out of curiosity, has anyone put Aardsma up on wikipedia or urban-dictionary?

While it may not be as noteworthy as "Santorum", it would probably be the first thing, alphabetically.

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2006, 04:18:56 PM »
Quote from: berserker on April 04, 2006, 03:49:02 PM

Just out of curiosity, has anyone put Aardsma up on wikipedia or urban-dictionary?

While it may not be as noteworthy as "Santorum", it would probably be the first thing, alphabetically.

I entered it weeks ago and the sonsofbitches still havent approved it.

On a sidenote, the Aardsma jersey has been ordered. I'll post a picture of it when it arrives. Very excited.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2006, 04:23:38 PM »
Quote from: Slaky311 on April 04, 2006, 04:18:56 PM
On a sidenote, the Aardsma jersey has been ordered. I'll post a picture of it when it arrives. Very excited.
What number is David?
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2006, 04:25:33 PM »
Quote from: helloWorld on April 04, 2006, 04:23:38 PM
Quote from: Slaky311 on April 04, 2006, 04:18:56 PM
What number is David?

54, its a great number in this town. Urlacher and Aardsma. One man is considered a great player, one of the best in his sport, the other is a linebacker for the Bears.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2006, 04:54:33 PM »
Quote from: RD on April 02, 2006, 05:17:20 PM
Quote from: JD on March 28, 2006, 04:09:23 PM
Put another shrimp on the barbie is what I say

Insulting English food and then complimenting Aussie food 3 or 4 post later is hilarious.  I've never been to the UK, but I can't imagine the food is much worse.  Everything is bland and some of the combinations are atrocious.  Fried egg and pineapple on a hamburger?  And I don't know if any of you have tried Vegemite, but it is bloody awful.  Although, I must admit I am developing a taste for beet root, which is on anything remotely sandwich-like.

English food is awful. When I was in the military we spent a month in England training with the British Commando's and we brought out our own cooks over as well. For about the first week we ate what the Brits ate in the mess hall. Pretty bland combinations of rolls and muffins, nothing really cooked, and drink choices such as hot tea, hot chocolate. No juice, no milk, nothing cold. We had about enough of that crap so our cooks decided to show them what we eat for breakfast. Eggs, omelets, sausage, hash browns the works. The British cooks were horrified to say the least.

Made to order omelets was a standard thing in our mess halls and the British cooks were mightily pissed having to do individual orders from us low life soldiers and actually having to cook things.

There was side benefits of the British system. You could have a beer with your meal morning, noon, or night. The Pub was in the same building. Plus when we went out into the field the last truck in the supply line was always the beer truck. Get a couple six packs for the night.

When we finally got to London we actually hit up a McDonald's and wondered why they didn't serve ketchup with our burger and fries. The ketchup was extra, you had to buy it per packet, but mayo was free.

Our only real life savers was the Turkish Kabob shops. They didn't speak a word of English but they had the best food with actual taste to it.

Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

tjbrown

• Founder and President Emeritus, T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »
First MLB win, Congrats. And look what you'll find in the dictionary:

Make your own: http://www.hetemeel.com/dictionaryform.php
Nov. 2004-Oct. 2006

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2006, 12:02:27 PM »
Quote from: tjbrown on April 25, 2006, 11:58:32 AM
First MLB win, Congrats. And look what you'll find in the dictionary:

2nd win, first as a Cub.  He got one during his cup of coffee with the Giants back in '04.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

berserker

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »
We still need to Google bomb Aardsma.

Anyone with a blog or any kind of web site needs to put this piece of HTML in...

<A href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aardsma">Aardsma</A>

Then encourage people to click it. In a few days, it'll be the first thing you see when you google Aardsma.

I just put it on my (dormant) blog.

http://forklift.blogspot.com

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »
Fork,  you know I'm in.

By the way, my jersey has arrived. So if you see a 6'3" dude in an Aardsma jersey, road gray, its me. Say hello or punch me in the face. Whatever you feel.

berserker

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2006, 04:24:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky311 on April 25, 2006, 02:42:19 PM
Fork,  you know I'm in.

By the way, my jersey has arrived. So if you see a 6'3" dude in an Aardsma jersey, road gray, its me. Say hello or punch me in the face. Whatever you feel.

or grab a cold one and stick you with the tab

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »
Quote from: berserker on April 25, 2006, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: Slaky311 on April 25, 2006, 02:42:19 PM
Fork,  you know I'm in.

or grab a cold one and stick you with the tab

That'll work too.

berserker

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2006, 05:55:44 PM »

In the couple hours since I put that link on my blog, "aardsma" as we know and love it has moved from #23 to #22.

MidgetSellingWater

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2010, 03:22:31 PM »