News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: You Tube discoveries  ( 410,019 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: You Tube discoveries
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 11:18:32 AM »
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
    • moviemantim@hotmail.com
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 11:19:11 AM »
It was so bad-ass seeing Lionheart Jericho at One Night Stand last year.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 11:51:27 AM »
Quote from: Dave B on June 26, 2006, 11:14:28 AM
Didn't Jericho introduce the term "assclown" to our society, or am I mistaken?

I think it was Office Space - Michael Bolton "who, that no-talent assclown?"

But Jericho certainly helped.

And since someone mentioned The Big Show in an over the top bit, I couldn't help but think of when he was feuding with Kurt Angle (who has been the best all-around in terms of promos, entertainment and matches this decade, and often one of WWF's few bright spots) and Big Show was handing out condoms or something, and Angle did an Angle for Abstinence shtick.  Priceless.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 12:01:54 PM »
I remember when Big Show first appeared ... St. Valentine's Day Massacre, 1999, when he bursts through the bottom of the ring and started throwing Austin around to save Vince McMahon.  Michael Cole started spooging himself immediately -- "MY GOD!  THAT'S PAUL WIGHT!  LOOK AT HIM!  HE'S LIKE A GIANT!"

TW

• 2005 Desipio Deadpool Winner and resident DBF fellater.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 12:52:43 PM »
Never was a Big Slow fan.  He couldn't do anything (literally) in the ring.  Punch, Kick, Headbutt.  Bo-ring.
Eminem has to cuss in his raps to sell records.  Well...me too...so fuck Will Smith.

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 12:55:30 PM »
Quote from: TW on June 26, 2006, 12:52:43 PM
Never was a Big Slow fan.  He couldn't do anything (literally) in the ring.  Punch, Kick, Headbutt.  Bo-ring.

It was like anytime, ANYTIME, there was an Undertaker vs. Kane match. My god. Talk about watching paint dry. Fucking brutal.

Also, great call Timmy B. I was at the now defunct R and R's watching that PPV back in Champaign. It was steak sauce. That was the WWF's equivalent to the MLB's juiced ball era. Exciting as hell.

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 01:02:31 PM »

But to his credit, he doesn't kill everyone he ever works with in the ring, unlike Mizark Henry.

Best ten-year contract ever.  Was Ed Lynch running WWF contracts at the time?

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 01:10:53 PM »
In the spirit of Big Slow discussion ... gentlemen, you ask for miracles, I give you WCW booking.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LGT_ogHoMMo

"THE YET-TAY!"

TW

• 2005 Desipio Deadpool Winner and resident DBF fellater.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 02:12:50 PM »
Quote from: Timmy B on June 26, 2006, 01:02:31 PM

But to his credit, he doesn't kill everyone he ever works with in the ring, unlike Mizark Henry.

Best ten-year contract ever.  Was Ed Lynch running WWF contracts at the time?

Mark Henry has nothing on Savio Vega.  Or D-Lo Brown for that matter....
Eminem has to cuss in his raps to sell records.  Well...me too...so fuck Will Smith.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »
Quote from: Slaky311 on June 26, 2006, 12:55:30 PM

It was like anytime, ANYTIME, there was an Undertaker vs. Kane match. My god. Talk about watching paint dry. f@#$ing brutal.

Also, great call Timmy B. I was at the now defunct R and R's watching that PPV back in Champaign. It was steak sauce. That was the WWF's equivalent to the MLB's juiced ball era. Exciting as hell.

R&R's is defunct?!?  Dammit.  Is That's Rentertainment still open?  My wife lived in the apartment upstairs from there.

I was watching that St. Valentine's Day Massacre steal-per-view as well.  Wight cost Mr. McMahon the cage match when he tossed Austin through the cage and onto floor outside.  And that was probably the pinacle of Wight's WWF/E career.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2006, 02:42:14 PM »
That PPV was also notable for boring the shit out of all of America with Goldust v. Bluedust and Big Boss Man v. Mideon.  Not even grain alcohol can make those entertaining.

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »
Quote from: CPT on June 26, 2006, 02:35:56 PM

It was like anytime, ANYTIME, there was an Undertaker vs. Kane match. My god. Talk about watching paint dry. f@#$ing brutal.

R&R's is defunct?!?  Dammit.  Is That's Rentertainment still open?  My wife lived in the apartment upstairs from there.

I was watching that St. Valentine's Day Massacre steal-per-view as well.  Wight cost Mr. McMahon the cage match when he tossed Austin through the cage and onto floor outside.  And that was probably the pinacle of Wight's WWF/E career.

I was on campus for the first time in years in March. Your head would explode at all the changes BUT I think That's Rentertainment is still there on John. But it's now next door to a....Bar Louie. Yep. Mindblowing.

R&R's is now some bar that is 21 only called the Firehaus or something. Meh. They also have a Potbelly's, Chipotle, Starbucks all on Green St. I remember when there was a Burger King that was so slow you pretty much had to go behind the counter and grab your own food.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2006, 02:50:54 PM »
Quote from: Slaky311 on June 26, 2006, 02:43:00 PM

R&R's is defunct?!?  Dammit.  Is That's Rentertainment still open?  My wife lived in the apartment upstairs from there.

I was on campus for the first time in years in March. Your head would explode at all the changes BUT I think That's Rentertainment is still there on John. But it's now next door to a....Bar Louie. Yep. Mindblowing.

R&R's is now some bar that is 21 only called the Firehaus or something. Meh. They also have a Potbelly's, Chipotle, Starbucks all on Green St. I remember when there was a Burger King that was so slow you pretty much had to go behind the counter and grab your own food.

They also weren't too fond of drunken idiots grabbing the microphone and calling out stupid orders.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »

A Bar Louie?  Is that where the Panera Bread used to be?  Man, the place is going corporate.  Does this mean that the Chinese buffet on Green Street is gone?
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2006, 03:00:30 PM »
Quote from: CPT on June 26, 2006, 02:52:21 PM

A Bar Louie?  Is that where the Panera Bread used to be?  Man, the place is going corporate.  Does this mean that the Chinese buffet on Green Street is gone?

Yep. What a joke. I would never go if I was still a student. Hell, I don't go NOW and it's 15 seconds from my apartment. Not sure about the Chinese buffet though. There were so many I couldn't keep 'em straight. Ren's was the place for me.